What's the best mouse?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

BLACKxDEATH #1 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

Hey guys,

Last month I got X3D PRO from BestBuy, I tried hardly to learn how to fly using it, but I think it's to hard!!

So now I wanna get good gaming mouse bcoz I'm using the laptop mouse and it's not easy to control the plane!

but the prob there's 1000000000 brand on eBay, and I dono which one I get!

Any advice please?

THANK YOU!!!

2_Stroke_Johnson #2 Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
I use a wireless logitech keyboard & mouse, about $40 at Best Buy, with my laptop, only uses one USB port.   I doubt a gaming mouse will make a difference.  You have to keep tweaking the setup till you find something that works for you.

uncorked #3 Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Post2_Stroke_Johnson, on 01 March 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

I use a wireless logitech keyboard & mouse, about $40 at Best Buy, with my laptop, only uses one USB port.   I doubt a gaming mouse will make a difference.  You have to keep tweaking the setup till you find something that works for you.

This. Logitech

K800 keyboard and M325 mouse from Amazon.

WalMart and Target also have a few selections

_Lindy_ #4 Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles
I do not think you can get a "best" answer as its 100% opinionated, maybe go to a computer store, and see what fits your hand well. I use a Logitech G500 its heavy, which I like and fits me.

datum perficiemus munus

pyantoryng #5 Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2061 battles

I use a ~$10 (in US currency) mouse...

...as long as it fits to your hand and you can control it well...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

petersleepy #6 Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
I use some coolermaster mouse I got for $40. It has macro buttons and it works.

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

DJChrisRock #7 Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [ROHAN] ROHAN

View PostLindy, on 01 March 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I do not think you can get a "best" answer as its 100% opinionated, maybe go to a computer store, and see what fits your hand well. I use a Logitech G500 its heavy, which I like and fits me.

View Postpyantoryng, on 01 March 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

I use a ~$10 (in US currency) mouse...

...as long as it fits to your hand and you can control it well...

Just wanted to agree and say it's mainly about fit.  I bought a Logitech "gaming" mouse because it fit my grip the best.  Also, it seems to track a little truer than my cordless Microsoft mouse.  Beware the extra money for a "laser" mouse.  I researched and found several sources that said there's no noticeable performance improvement for the extra money.  Good luck in your search.

o7

"Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer."
Major Thomas B. "Tommy" McGuire, USAAF - Second Leading U.S. Ace, WW-II

BitterClinger #8 Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Razer Naga Mouse

hawkeyededic #9 Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I have a Corsair Vengeance M95 that I bought for skinning, the ability to control it's sensitivity right on the mouse helps a lot, but many good gaming mice have that ability too. It seems to fit in my hand better then the Razer Naga demo I tried at teh store, but that is my personal feeling, both are very good. I do not use a mouse for WoWP other then clicking on the menus in the hangar and looking around with free camera.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Cpt_ZigZag #10 Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [TEE] TEE

Death Taker gaming mouse is quite good.  

Pack your own chute. 

BitterClinger #11 Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 01 March 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

I have a Corsair Vengeance M95 that I bought for skinning, the ability to control it's sensitivity right on the mouse helps a lot, but many good gaming mice have that ability too. It seems to fit in my hand better then the Razer Naga demo I tried at teh store, but that is my personal feeling, both are very good. I do not use a mouse for WoWP other then clicking on the menus in the hangar and looking around with free camera.

I have to agree with this. I love my Naga Mouse but it is a tad on the small side for my hand.

WEBEUS #12 Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 72 battles
a dead one. (sorry..couldn't resist)

BrushWolf #13 Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostLindy, on 01 March 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

So true but at least there are lots of good options with mice. As a trackball user the options keep getting less and less. Speaking of trackballs does anyone have a suggestion for a good replacement for the Logitech Cordless Trackman Optical? It must be a finger ball and not a thumb ball.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

MrPsychic #14 Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 186 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
I have a Logitech Performance MX mouse, wireless and features USB charging.  I've had it for over a year and it's never failed me.

hawkeyededic #15 Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostBrushWolf, on 01 March 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

So true but at least there are lots of good options with mice. As a trackball user the options keep getting less and less. Speaking of trackballs does anyone have a suggestion for a good replacement for the Logitech Cordless Trackman Optical? It must be a finger ball and not a thumb ball.

I finally gave up on finding a new trackball that I liked after my old Microsoft optical quit. Took time but finally adjusting to a mouse after using only trackballs since the late 90's

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Rockstone_ #16 Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 01 March 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

I thought of trying a track ball does it give you complete control ?

BrushWolf #17 Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Posthawkeyededic, on 01 March 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

I finally gave up on finding a new trackball that I liked after my old Microsoft optical quit. Took time but finally adjusting to a mouse after using only trackballs since the late 90's

I am afraid I will have to do the same, my Trackman is not going to last forever. It almost seems that the manufacturers are trying to push people into mice by dropping those with good ergonomics and at the same time continuing to sell the ones with horrid eronomics. The prices for new old stock and refurbished Trackball Explorer's and Trackman Optical's are beyond insane. Don't they realize that while the trackball market is small if yo make a really good one you will have a customer for life. /rantoff.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

BrushWolf #18 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostRockstone08, on 01 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I thought of trying a track ball does it give you complete control ?

You get the same control but the feel is different and that different feel might not be for you. I would suggest giving one a test drive before committing to the change. 

Russian Proverb

2_Stroke_Johnson #19 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles

Is there a mouse on the market with sharp spikes on the right hand side, to remind me not to grip so hard with my pinkie?

Did any of you gaming-mouse users start with a regular non-gaming mouse and if so, did the switch:

1. significantly improve your performance? 

2. significantly improve your enjoyment of the game?

thanks.

Rockstone_ #20 Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 01 March 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

You get the same control but the feel is different and that different feel might not be for you. I would suggest giving one a test drive before committing to the change. 

I'm curious if more stable and less jerky at times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users