Could you give rockets to the tsh-3 please?

tsh-3 rockets GA planes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

theponja #1 Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 293 battles

The tsh-3 is a Tier III ground attack aircraft without possibility of rockets but the Russian tier II and III fighters has rockets. So why not the Tsh-3? More, the Pegas a Tier II  Russian GA has rockets.

The rockets could add some chances to survive and play to the ths-3 when it's matched with superior planes from tiers IV and V. I've seen the Pegas flying slow and catching some fighters with the rockets

But with the TSh-3 if you run out of bombs you're doomed the fighters just have more hit points and a lot of firepower.  That's is not funny. Of course the rockets just give you just an small chance but could enhance the experience to fly the tsh3.

Regards

ThePonja

jbark51 #2 Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles
  • [USCM] USCM

We are talking about the TSH-3...AKA "The Flying minigun" or "old painless" if your Jesse Ventura. It does not need rockets. it has a tailgunner, 4 bombs and TEN!!! forward facing .50 cals. It has the most forward firepower of any plane in tier 4 and below. I personally believe that adding rockets would force it to a higher tier. And its one of my top 3 favorite to play, so buffing it would benefit me.

JB

NathanFlightLeader #3 Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

SERIOUSLY!!!!

The TSh-3 is a crazy beast already, and you want to add rockets. That would make it far too OP. Three quarters of my Thunder medals were earned in the TSh-3, and well over ten times I have finished a battle with a final score of 4 and 15. Even without the bombs, the TSh-3 can defend itself. The front guns tear any plane to shreds in seconds, and the rear gunner can easily deal with any plane that gets behind you.  I don't think the TSh-3 had rockets in real life anyway, so WG won't add them.

Nothing mentioned here about rocket mountings. http://worldofwarpla...round-attacker/

Edited by NathanFlightLeader, 25 February 2014 - 05:38 AM.

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

An_Average_Jho #4 Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

View Postjbark51, on 25 February 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

We are talking about the TSH-3...AKA "The Flying minigun" or "old painless" if your Jesse Ventura. It does not need rockets. it has a tailgunner, 4 bombs and TEN!!! forward facing .50 cals. It has the most forward firepower of any plane in tier 4 and below. I personally believe that adding rockets would force it to a higher tier. And its one of my top 3 favorite to play, so buffing it would benefit me.

JB

The TSh-3 has 10 7.62mm MGs (.30cal or so, I think).

But yeah, the TSh-3 melts everything that is in front of it. You have 10 guns that fire 1800 rounds/min, or 8.64Kg per 3 second burst. The TSh-3 not only wrecks planes, but also the FPS of your enemies.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

Blizzard36 #5 Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT

The TSh-3 doesn't have rockets because it doesn't NEED them! With those MGs throwing up a literal wall of lead, it already tears through any target that gets in front of it in 1 pass except for the HQ. (Enemy planes are unlikely to stay in front of it for a full pass, but if they do!)

The other Soviet aircraft you mention have rockets because they need them, either to have a purpose or to be unique. The Pegas has only 1 50cal MG, which is terribly insufficient on its own. But hit the target with a rocket first and you can go through a series of ground targets just as fast as the TSh-3, at least until you're out of rockets. (Keep in mind ordinance like those rockets are very expensive compared to MG belts.) The low tier Soviet light fighters get them early as part of the national flavor, just like USN light fighters get bombs earlier than the others and German light fighters get a cannon before everyone else.

Fly casual

pyantoryng #6 Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1851 battles

You have no more than four 50kg bombs because you do not need any more than that. 

Ten machine guns firing at 1800 RPM each...you still ask for more? I'll give you a hint: Do not use bomb on anything smaller than HQ, but rather, use them on targets moving at ~200kph+ speed.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

marcos757 #7 Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17 battles

I think, who the rocket module, must be available. And each player, must be decide, develop, purchase or to mount. Simply the rocket module, be there.

What do you think about this????

Regards and see you  in battle!!!! :izmena:

[FALO] mortuus est, vivat [FALO]

former pilot
former captain

MrPsychic #8 Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 184 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
If you need rockets to kill a ground target in a TSh-3, you're doing it wrong.  Heck, I bet even I can get a few ground kills with it.

marcos757 #9 Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17 battles

View PostMrPsychic, on 25 February 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

If you need rockets to kill a ground target in a TSh-3, you're doing it wrong.  Heck, I bet even I can get a few ground kills with it.

Only are more options, you decide, to use or not.

Simply, aircraft ordnance.

[FALO] mortuus est, vivat [FALO]

former pilot
former captain

Heh #10 Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Find me the glorious source in which the TSh-3 used rockets. WG rarely, if never add something unless it was at least proposed.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

theponja #11 Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 293 battles

Thank you for all responses which are very interesting but I don't think the TSh-3 have little firepower. I think the machine guns are perfectly for first maps and fighters from tiers III and maybe IV but when the TSh-3 is matched with the higher tiers even you can manage to do a good amount of damage but not enough to kill them. So in the next loop you're dead. I don't asking for 8 rockets just 2 like the Polikarpov fighters to have an slim chance against the higher tiers.

BTW A lot of time I fear the I-!5 and I-16 in head to head attacks because the rocket and it's a bit of funny a plane with a lot of firepower don't have a change against a tier II or III because the rockets. I've managed to kill an I-15 and I-16 in the same battle but they don't have rockets.

theponja #12 Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 293 battles

View PostHeh, on 26 February 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

Find me the glorious source in which the TSh-3 used rockets. WG rarely, if never add something unless it was at least proposed.

Show me the glorious source in which the TSh-3 is fighting against another planes them. It's a paper plane so they just can add or remove features based in the possibilities of that years in the same way they tweak the performance of planes.

Heh #13 Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttheponja, on 27 February 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

Show me the glorious source in which the TSh-3 is fighting against another planes them. It's a paper plane so they just can add or remove features based in the possibilities of that years in the same way they tweak the performance of planes.

Remember the part where I said "at least proposed"? Yeah, go find me a source that says that the Russians proposed to add rockets to the TSh-3.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users