Keyboard and mouse play ruins the game and prevents growth

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

dawson112299 #141 Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostYangus_Potter, on 12 May 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

The Mouse and Keyboard controls are garbage, they have been garbage for 2+ years now. I have spent countless hours... no days trying to tweak the settings so I can enjoy playing. To make things even worse, every time a plane is bought you have to go through all the tweaking and testing so your new plane is manageable. After a couple days of wasted effort I get fed up and leave the game in the hopes that its better with the next update. That hasn't happened yet and after 2 years of waiting I don't think it will. Arcade games are supposed to be fun and user friendly. When I move my mouse to the left or right to make a turn, my plane shouldn't roll over and nose dive into ground.

Your doing it wrong then, you can set it up so it doesn't do this by setting your roll acceleration lower.   Bind your A&D keys for roll and move that roll acceleration slider almost to 0 and you will see a big difference .     Then you can tweak it from there , It took me a lot of training room sessions to get my controls right for M/K set up.     

Edited by dawson112299, 12 May 2014 - 05:53 PM.

dawson112299 #142 Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostK1OXD, on 12 May 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

I just switched from using a JS since first battle to the mouse. I've developed some palsy in my hand that interferes with using a joy stick. How do I use this "Auto Aim"?

There is NOOO auto aim!!!!   There is an auto target, which will automatically select any plane or ground target that is in the center of the screen , this will lock the target in the window but there is no way to get your gun sight to automatically stay on your target , you must finesse the mouse and keyboard controls to stay on target.

steelhealer #143 Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Hi. I've used a joystick for almost all flying games in the past. It really gives you the feel of flying AND MUCH easier to do everything with one hand. One touch button to get views; rockets; bombs, etc. 

HOWEVER.........

The joystick with this game has a HUGE learning curve. That, and the expense of getting a good one will keep us all here with the mouse/keypad. Honestly, even with a great joystick, I find that there is an 'overshoot' that is truly tough to master. For the average gamer, I think it would equally take the fun away from it. 

Ask Wargaming to you make you a 'joystick only' flight choice. However, I would bet you will be waiting in the queue for a long time. 

SH

603rd BG 398th BS

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. "
"Have a rubber neck and beware the hun in the sun".

Yangus_Potter #144 Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I would like to start this post by saying some of my frustrations came out in my previous post. I should not call anyone's hard work garbage. The dev's or programmers or whatever they are that put in the hard work don't deserve that. I apologize to them for that statement. I know WG has made considerable improvements in the way mouse and keyboard work and that is what keeps me coming back. The simple fact that they are trying holds a lot of weight.

Dawson, I have tried abillionzillion different configurations, currently I am using this:

1. Mouse Sensitivity: 10%                       5. Camera Roll Rate: 25%               9. Level-off Zone Size: 10%      13. Automatic Flaps: Off

2. Camera: On Aircraft                            6. Camera Alignment Time: 0%     10. Roll Acceleration: 10%          14. Limit Bank Angles at

3. Camera Inertia: 25%                           7. Effective Zone Size: 15%           11. Split S Height: 100%                   Low Altitude: Off

4. Camera Alignment Zone: 25%            8. Level-off Rate: 50%                   12. Vertical Inversion: Off

dawson112299 #145 Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostYangus_Potter, on 13 May 2014 - 02:56 AM, said:

I would like to start this post by saying some of my frustrations came out in my previous post. I should not call anyone's hard work garbage. The dev's or programmers or whatever they are that put in the hard work don't deserve that. I apologize to them for that statement. I know WG has made considerable improvements in the way mouse and keyboard work and that is what keeps me coming back. The simple fact that they are trying holds a lot of weight.

Dawson, I have tried abillionzillion different configurations, currently I am using this:

1. Mouse Sensitivity: 10%                       5. Camera Roll Rate: 25%               9. Level-off Zone Size: 10%      13. Automatic Flaps: Off

2. Camera: On Aircraft                            6. Camera Alignment Time: 0%     10. Roll Acceleration: 10%          14. Limit Bank Angles at

3. Camera Inertia: 25%                           7. Effective Zone Size: 15%           11. Split S Height: 100%                   Low Altitude: Off

4. Camera Alignment Zone: 25%            8. Level-off Rate: 50%                   12. Vertical Inversion: Off

Here is how I have my settings now, give it a shot using these.

Yangus_Potter #146 Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I have done a couple training runs with that setup and it is working out well, have not went into battle with it yet but that's where I'm heading now.

Thank you for the help Dawson.

dawson112299 #147 Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostYangus_Potter, on 13 May 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

I have done a couple training runs with that setup and it is working out well, have not went into battle with it yet but that's where I'm heading now.

Thank you for the help Dawson.

Hey no problemo.

I played with the M/K controls for quite some time till I got it where I liked it.      As of right now switching to different aircraft I find I only need to adjust the mouse sensitivity to suit each plane.

Sandman1969 #148 Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 34 battles

I have just had 3 matches at tier 2 with those settings, minus the graph settings and got 11 kills.

4 in Ar 68. 4 in A4N and 3 in Hawk 3.

So far so good.

Angadan #149 Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

I think my auto-aim is broken.  In the last match I flew, I came back from getting a cup of coffee, and found that my aircraft hadn't shot down a single enemy.  I checked it using the mouse and keyboard, and it seemed to be working fine.  Then I let go of the controls again, and...nothing.

Is this broken for anyone else, too?

Spoiler

l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!

Go Vols!

BAD_KARMA__ #150 Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 42 battles
  • [BAD-K] BAD-K

View PostK1OXD, on 12 May 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

I just switched from using a JS since first battle to the mouse. I've developed some palsy in my hand that interferes with using a joy stick. How do I use this "Auto Aim"?

K1OXD It is not auto aim it is Auto Fly.

www.JointAirCommand.com 

Join the JACS Clan   

Get your own FREE Gamevox server

Greeting and Good Hunting to everyone. <(-_-)

LaSandren, Commander, J.A.C.S.

EgoBasher #151 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF-G] SF-G
I may be kind of a newb so excuse me if I'm missing something here. But I tried MK and Im sure it would take quite a while to get used to. I much prefer joystick. The biggest advantage I can see with the mouse would be view. Being able to Rclick and move the view all over is awesome. The top hat on my 3d pro doesn't even come close to comparing to that kind of viewing. And being outside and behind the plane while MKing gives you a better view just in general. Is there a way to get this outside of plane view with a joystick also? I might want to try that. Yeah, it would be smoother and easier to aim with a mouse once you got close to on target but that does seem to get crossed out by it being goofier to fly. Am I not getting something important about this?

SkywhaleExpress #152 Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Can you say necro ?

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users