• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Fuzzybrainlizard #1 Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles

BBC Online actually has a link to the game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25952939

World of Warplanes is a free-to-play dogfighting simulation that delivers adrenaline-pumping massively multiplayer team action in an authentic line up of over 100 different aircraft from the golden era of military aviation.

Edited by Fuzzybrainlizard, 17 February 2014 - 07:36 PM.

An_Average_Jho #2 Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

The BBC maybe got interested to WoWp due to the RAF Museum thing with the Do17.

That or Viktor Kislyi bought the BBC with the leftover money they had after buying the whole of Cyprus  :trollface: 

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

NathanFlightLeader #3 Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

Lol!! Since when was this game a simulator!! This is why you should never ever trust what you read or see on news websites or shows. People don't actually do proper research nowadays (Even journalists) and that leads to misconceptions and false information which is spread by sites like these. If I had a dollar for every time I read or heard something conflicting in two different news articles I would be rich!! NZ's news company is the worst as half the world news comes in several days after I have already read it online, and they don't even get anything right. I just heard the radio say the asteroid passing today is the size of Wellington, the second largest city in the country with an area of 444 square kilometres. But space.com says its the size of three football fields!!! :facepalm: I didn't realise football players had to run so much!!

I apologise for my derailing rant, I'm in an anti-government mood this morning!!!

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

Demon93IT #4 Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostFuzzybrainlizard, on 17 February 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

BBC Online actually has a link to the game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25952939

World of Warplanes is a free-to-play dogfighting simulation that delivers adrenaline-pumping massively multiplayer team action in an authentic line up of over 100 different aircraft from the golden era of military aviation.

Well calling WoWP sim is quite uncorrect. In any case i guess that WG told them to say so but, if that's the case, i wonder why the game is as it is now.

NathanFlightLeader #5 Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 18 February 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

The BBC maybe got interested to WoWp due to the RAF Museum thing with the Do17.

That or Viktor Kislyi bought the BBC with the leftover money they had after buying the whole of Cyprus  :trollface: 

It must be great to work for WG, you get holidays in Cyprus and a free safety deposit box at the bank Kislyi owns!! :trollface:

Edited by NathanFlightLeader, 17 February 2014 - 07:52 PM.

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."

Demon93IT #6 Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 17 February 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Lol!! Since when was this game a simulator!! This is why you should never ever trust what you read or see on news websites or shows. People don't actually do proper research nowadays (Even journalists) and that leads to misconceptions and false information which is spread by sites like these. If I had a dollar for every time I read or heard something conflicting in two different news articles I would be rich!! NZ's news company is the worst as half the world news comes in several days after I have already read it online, and they don't even get anything right. I just heard the radio say the asteroid passing today is the size of Wellington, the second largest city in the country with an area of 444 square kilometres. But space.com says its the size of three football fields!!! :facepalm: I didn't realise football players had to run so much!!

I apologise for my derailing rant, I'm in an anti-government mood this morning!!!

I guess you haven't seen Holly and Benji, football fields can actually be 400 square metres :trollface:

NathanFlightLeader #7 Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostDemon93IT, on 18 February 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

I guess you haven't seen Holly and Benji, football fields can actually be 400 square metres :trollface:

Lol, there are more posts in this thread with a troll face then ones without!! :trollface:

dawson112299 #8 Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 17 February 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Lol, there are more posts in this thread with a troll face then ones without!! :trollface:

:trollface:

HEAVEYGEAR #9 Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 687 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
What's a troll face?  :trollface:

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

Demon93IT #10 Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 17 February 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Well it's the only possible reaction to a video like that :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users