CT 1.2 La-160 Engine bug and Enemies not being indicated.

La-160 RD-500 InvisiblePlanes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Phrap #1 Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

RD-500 Showing incorrect statistical bonuses:

I don't believe an engine that ADDS thrust and weighs LESS than the engine before it should be showing up with a negative impact to the La-160's airspeed.

Enemy planes not being indicated bug:

This has occurred multiple times, enemy planes are appearing out of nowhere with no indicators over their head and no way to lock on or have the lead indicator appear.

Derp_McDerpington #2 Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [R-B-C] R-B-C
I had the same issue and many other player to

Nevosi #3 Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3 battles
I'm glad you got the screen shots of the no icon. I always seemed to just miss them. I have also had another enemies not being indicated bug to were it would show them with 0 hp but still show up as alive and not registering the kill tell they hit the ground. 

Co-Captain on Team Ninja Munkeys, Co-Host on World of Wargaming Podcast

Team Speak 3: 208.100.46.160:8112

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ninjamunkeys  We are currently recruiting for WoWP only. We will train you all we ask is you are a team player

SkywhaleExpress #4 Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I noticed that you didn't actually purchase it (it shows red on your research points for it), and so my questions/comments are:

1. Can you submit proof that the actual top speeds (at sea and at best altitude) are adversely affected, when you actually research and mount?

2. The stat Airspeed in WoWP is a misinformatinal value. It is some sort of calculation that takes the boosting time into effect. So, this new engine could be faster, but have less PE, or, it could be slower with a better overall PE (potential energy) or boost.

3. The patch notes explain the phenomenon you're mentioning, I believe:

Lavochkin La-160 – replaced the top engine (RD-10F) with the RD-500, improved performance while not using boost, increased its performance at speed, increased optimum altitude and reduced boost duration.

So, try the engine out once you get it, and let us know how it goes.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Phrap #5 Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRocketSpammer1, on 13 February 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

I noticed that you didn't actually purchase it (it shows red on your research points for it), and so my questions/comments are:

1. Can you submit proof that the actual top speeds (at sea and at best altitude) are adversely affected, when you actually research and mount?

2. The stat Airspeed in WoWP is a misinformatinal value. It is some sort of calculation that takes the boosting time into effect. So, this new engine could be faster, but have less PE, or, it could be slower with a better overall PE (potential energy) or boost.

3. The patch notes explain the phenomenon you're mentioning, I believe:

Lavochkin La-160 – replaced the top engine (RD-10F) with the RD-500, improved performance while not using boost, increased its performance at speed, increased optimum altitude and reduced boost duration.

So, try the engine out once you get it, and let us know how it goes.

The reduced boost duration is across all engines. The RD-500 itself IS faster, compared with kerosene and aircraft polish in use to the RD-10UF. This is simply showing that the game itself isn't displaying the airspeed stats correctly, this includes top speed, rate of climb and such. The La-15 uses the same engine and correctly shows itself as being faster. As an engine with 400+ more thrust and 200kg less weight, there should be ZERO decrease and speed and a major INCREASE in speed. The game, however, is not displaying this correctly at the moment. 

Edit: I didn't choose a picture that showed the detailed statistics, but using the RD-500 over the RD-10UF SUPPOSEDLY showed a decrease in top airspeed overall, a decrease in rate of climb, and other general decreases in speed. I just feel that this is simply a coding error or something. The engine seems to perform fine ingame.

Edited by Phrap, 13 February 2014 - 11:40 PM.

SkywhaleExpress #6 Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Reduced boost is across the board... AND THEN the La-160 got a hit as well.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Phrap #7 Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRocketSpammer1, on 13 February 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Reduced boost is across the board... AND THEN the La-160 got a hit as well.

No worries, the La-160 is performing REALLY well at climbing and maneuvering at high altitudes. It's just hard as crap to aim with 120+ ping.

FastAttack #8 Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Here to contribute to phrap's screen

I have the RD500 and when I select the lower engine this the screen I get 

Edited by FastAttack, 14 February 2014 - 12:32 AM.

FastAttack #9 Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPhrap, on 13 February 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Enemy planes not being indicated bug:

This has occurred multiple times, enemy planes are appearing out of nowhere with no indicators over their head and no way to lock on or have the lead indicator appear.

this has happened multiple times, especially for jets that are going in and out of cammo , you can't select it , they are not shown in the minimap like its displayed here.. its annoying, happened in about 4 games today.

I am guessing its part of the new cammo values.

Phrap #10 Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The planes not having indicators is not isolated to just enemies. Turns out friendlies can get the bug too! (This means even if you physically see them, there might be some serious team damage because of this bug).

Edited by Phrap, 14 February 2014 - 06:17 AM.

Raindrops #11 Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 92 battles
  • [EDF] EDF

I've had the undetected enemy bug as well - this IL (the lead one is an enemy) did not show up until I passed him at >50m.

And yes, the ally is unmarked as well, which could have ended badly if I had not been paying attention.

Edited by Raindrops, 14 February 2014 - 01:17 PM.

I never said I was good.

USA needs GA too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users