The Game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Topsight #1 Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

So you want to play a game. Well WoWp, like many other games, is full of successes and failures. Life is full of success and failure.

When we play games, we of course are doing so for the enjoyment and the challenges it presents and we want to win. But, and there is always a “but”, we are not always successful and success is based mostly on our skills and sometimes being in the right place at the right time. We may find that things are not quit balanced or fair when we play a game, but so is life.

So how you handle failure in anything is to learn from it. If you get knocked down, get back up, shake it off and get back in the ring. I’m sure some folks saw the movie “Rocky”, it was full of personal struggle but he kept coming, learning from his failures. Does getting back in the “ring” mean you will progress to the top? No, but you will be wiser for it. Take your successes and failures and learn from them, then press on either by doing the same thing or by changing direction. Remember, at the end of the day, WoWp like any other game, is of course just a game.

So, do you want to play…a game?

WEBEUS #2 Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles

Nice movie references. Now I'm going to have to go and watch "Wargames" again.

Yes this is a game and we sometimes get way to serious about it. I have to admit that I do enjoy it much better when I flight up with "Gray Wolves". Being the Lone Wolf (see what I did there?) isn't always the fun way to go.

tahee59 #3 Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
I love playing this game and it even got better last night, due to the fact I got my IL40 back

WEBEUS #4 Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles

View Posttahee59, on 12 February 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

I love playing this game and it even got better last night, due to the fact I got my IL40 back

Where did it go?

tahee59 #5 Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
it got wiped 2 times in cbt and obt

WEBEUS #6 Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles

understood

DJChrisRock #7 Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [ROHAN] ROHAN

Great post and perspective Topsight.  I love this game as well, and the successes and failures that go along with it.  Ok, maybe some of my failures make me want to pound my head against the wall.  It's worth it though when I'm in a battle and I can finally feel some of what I've learned start to "click".  Suddenly every bogey I get on seems like the right choice as I'm rolling, burst firing, using my flaps, and then breaking off to cover a teamates six.  At that point I'm feeling like an ace... until I get shredded by a C6 that I forgot about because I wasn't watching the map and radar.  So I shake my head, say a word that rhymes with duck, and swear I'll never do that again.

As fun as the game is, it's also be great "meeting" and flying with some of the really cool, and talented, pilots in the game.  I know flights get mentioned a lot but for me my time spent flying with my new "friends" has been invaluable.  Whether how and when to engage, how to manage energy, or just shared experience I've learned a lot from being flighted up, not to mention laughing my butt off at our back and forth.  I hope WG promotes and emphasizes flights more in the future because I think they'll lead to increased pilot success, fun, and retention.

To any new pilots reading this, I was where you are not too long ago.  Don't give up or give in when you get knocked down.  Get back up, put your plane back together, learn from your mistakes, and get ready for the moment when you're in perfect position layin' the wood to a superior plane.  He dies, your team wins, and you feel invincible.  THAT's why I play :) 

Edited by DJChrisRock, 12 February 2014 - 03:26 PM.

"Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer."
Major Thomas B. "Tommy" McGuire, USAAF - Second Leading U.S. Ace, WW-II

Darcel_Jones #8 Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
+1 just for the "Rocky" reference,I'm from Philly and as far as we're concerned Rocky was a true story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users