Why all the hate on GA pilots?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

NathanFlightLeader #1 Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

So earlier I was playing my last battle of the night in my TSh-3 on El Halluf. I picked up an I-16 tail attacking the second ground target in the top right corner of the map. As I climbed up the island thingy in the middle of the canyon, I noticed how close he was and without thinking (I never think :ohmy:) I dropped a bomb. But it was just as I crested the island and instead of dropping straight down the bomb sort of flew off the to the side and dropped well away so I was certain it would miss. But the enemy player had a bit or a late reaction to my bomb and turned away after I dropped. He just so happened to bank right into where the bomb landed and I got the kill. It was pure luck that it happened. As I carried on, a message came up in chat where the player essentially called me a coward. Or a certain part of the female anatomy, I wasn't sure how to interpret it. :trollface:

GA have had terrible Xp gain since the game was released and this hasn't been changed, the planes have been nerfed into the ground, the blast radius of the bombs were lessened, and now we aren't even allowed to defend ourselves!! Why all the hate people?? Do you expect us to fly GA just to give you a big flying XP piñata to shoot down?? Sure the majority of players don't rage when you hit them with a bomb, but I have met quite a few who do!! Can one of this people please explain to me why you expect us to do nothing when being attacked from behind!

And to derail my own topic, whose smart idea was it to stick a giant doll in the middle of the men's slope style at the Olympics. :facepalm:

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2171 battles

Fighter pilots often refuse to acknowledge that GA can (and will) fight back. Getting bombed is the consequence of not knowing how things work or simple recklessness, and [hopefully] people will correct how they do things. I'd say that 2cm tail guns are more fearsome than bombs when fighting a GA.

Wait until they play GA and bomb kill, call them hypocrites.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

dawson112299 #3 Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

Ok lets put this in some perspective.

I always fly a LF or HF , ive been blown up a few times by a GAs bomb blast so I know to stay away from there tail or to pull off sooner before they ca drop a bomb.   I always give a salute if you get me with your bomb, I should have known better.

Now who is really the coward , is it you for dropping a bomb and killing the guy ,,,, or is it the guy trying going after a low slow moving plane because he doesn't want to fight with the rest of the fighters .

Edited by dawson112299, 08 February 2014 - 11:25 AM.

FreeFOXMIKE #4 Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5151 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View Postpyantoryng, on 08 February 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Fighter pilots often refuse to acknowledge that GA can (and will) fight back. Getting bombed is the consequence of not knowing how things work or simple recklessness, and [hopefully] people will correct how they do things. I'd say that 2cm tail guns are more fearsome than bombs when fighting a GA.

Wait until they play GA and bomb kill, call them hypocrites.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

QuickSilver_1 #5 Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Well  I hate bombers  cause If I let them pass me and in to my base they blown up every thing in sight and no matter how many planes I get they win.

So If no one is attacking them I have to. And even if I am very good at attacking them they still knock down my HIT Points. unless I can get under them and hit their belly.

Or dive on top of them. I would rather attack Fighters and when I get on a fighters tail I do not get shot from that fighter - his buddies maybe but not him.

I have to be careful about bombs and bullets from a bomber. Slow yes hard to kill if I am not careful. So yea  I hate them cause they are deadly. I can shoot down 5 fighters and not lose a HP I can not most time kill 3 bombers they take away so many HP I die on the 3rd bomber. or I lose so many HP that the next single pass of a fighter and sweep of gun fire I am dead.

And if 3 of them team up and head right at me. boom!  I can not get away. I am surprised that the bombers do not fly together in 1 group like they did in the war.

can you see 4 bombers flying low and right to a base hitting any thing in their way. yea so please keep flying alone and do not use team work, be loners.

cause god help us if you  got  in groups.  I see them all the time asking for ( cover me.) the game is very fast most times and killing planes is more fun than shooting a slow deadly bus.

If the enemy forgets about our bombers they get a surprise and we win. We forget and we lose. So yea they are not a fun ride for me. BUT If you like them godspeed to you enjoy the game the way you want.

Heh #6 Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
No one likes sky whales, that's why. But I love my babies, and so do others. :3
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

CastorBean #7 Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
No one can claim any mastery of the game without flying all types. It would be like playing WoT with learning arty or TD. Plus, you miss all the fun!

DJChrisRock #8 Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [ROHAN] ROHAN
If you can bomb kill me because I got too tunnel visioned on the kill and forgot you had them then good on you.  And yes make sure to tip your cap to the whales when you get a supremacy win 'cause they're doing a job few others are willing to do.

"Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer."
Major Thomas B. "Tommy" McGuire, USAAF - Second Leading U.S. Ace, WW-II

pyantoryng #9 Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2171 battles

4 air/2 ground kills, and three kills were from FRONT GUNS, only one was bomb.

Mann...they are so powerful in their unintended role...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

vuuduu #10 Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 244 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I think the hate comes from turning their screen abruptly white, and their plane into metal shavings, when you deny them the easy "kill", destroying them instead. Kindo of like when Wile E. Coyote gets turned to a smokng black frazzle by his own dynamite.
...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

Magnum62 #11 Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
I have come to learn the joy  of a bomb kill, not to mention the rocket kill, so I've been playing GA for awhile.  I can only appreciate the GA pilot when I fall victim to his/her artwork.   Let them whine 

WEBEUS #12 Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles
Don't worry about it. There are no cowards in a video game that allows you to come back from the dead.

Lou #13 Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
No worries, no guilt, do it again and again till they learn how to shoot down a GA properly.

BrushWolf #14 Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
While I personally dislike the bomb kill mechanism it is part of the game and it was the I16's fault for getting close enough to take the blast. I have been killed with bombs and I have killed with them.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Claudio67 #15 Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles

As they say, haters gona hate; I don't think is something against GA, that guy on the I-16 probably whined on another game about a heavy destroying him from big altitudes, or fighters one tier above or one tier below. They don't seem to believe that someone could kill'em so they go low behind the GA's, fly straight over the enemy AA and climb going head to head against that heavy fighter that dares to aim on them.

SkywhaleExpress #16 Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

image.jpg A fighter pilot's motto in this game:

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Cruiser_Katori #17 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View PostWhiteTiger_5, on 08 February 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Well  I hate bombers  cause If I let them pass me and in to my base they blown up every thing in sight and no matter how many planes I get they win.

So If no one is attacking them I have to. And even if I am very good at attacking them they still knock down my HIT Points. unless I can get under them and hit their belly.

Or dive on top of them. I would rather attack Fighters and when I get on a fighters tail I do not get shot from that fighter - his buddies maybe but not him.

I have to be careful about bombs and bullets from a bomber. Slow yes hard to kill if I am not careful. So yea  I hate them cause they are deadly. I can shoot down 5 fighters and not lose a HP I can not most time kill 3 bombers they take away so many HP I die on the 3rd bomber. or I lose so many HP that the next single pass of a fighter and sweep of gun fire I am dead.

And if 3 of them team up and head right at me. boom!  I can not get away. I am surprised that the bombers do not fly together in 1 group like they did in the war.

can you see 4 bombers flying low and right to a base hitting any thing in their way. yea so please keep flying alone and do not use team work, be loners.

cause god help us if you  got  in groups.  I see them all the time asking for ( cover me.) the game is very fast most times and killing planes is more fun than shooting a slow deadly bus.

If the enemy forgets about our bombers they get a surprise and we win. We forget and we lose. So yea they are not a fun ride for me. BUT If you like them godspeed to you enjoy the game the way you want.

There are no "bombers" in this game! I cannot believe I am still hearing this! There are attack aircraft, there are heavy fighters and bomb capable light fighters, but there are NO BOMBERS!!! /end rant/

As for why people hate attack aircraft: 1) they don't like creditbags that shoot back, 2) they have NO IDEA how badly those flying creditbags have been nerfed.

Hint: long, long ago, in the time of the 4.x series Closed Beta test, there were terrible low altitude monstrosities of UNSPEAKABLE power! They were called.......

ATTACK AIRCRAFT!!!!

Save the Skywhales (that includes the Skorcas)!!!

Less RNG, More skill: Revert to 4.1 TODAY!!!

Heh #18 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 08 February 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

There are no "bombers" in this game! I cannot believe I am still hearing this! There are attack aircraft, there are heavy fighters and bomb capable light fighters, but there are NO BOMBERS!!! /end rant/

As for why people hate attack aircraft: 1) they don't like creditbags that shoot back, 2) they have NO IDEA how badly those flying creditbags have been nerfed.

Hint: long, long ago, in the time of the 4.x series Closed Beta test, there were terrible low altitude monstrosities of UNSPEAKABLE power! They were called.......

ATTACK AIRCRAFT!!!!

The fact that people call the glorious sky whales bombers is why people complain about them whenever they get killed by one.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

D4w20n #19 Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Really they arent that bad, Why people hate them is beyond me. I was going to be one when i saw how well those things did at bombing and shooting, and their HP? FORGET ABOUT IT, Then i saw their crappy Maneuverability and just turned down the British line of heavy fighters 

QuickSilver_1 #20 Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 08 February 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

ATTACK AIRCRAFT!!!!

To most of us! if your plane can carry bombs! ( more than one and you intend to bomb a ground target or targets.) your a bomber. you going to shoot a ground target your a attack plane.

I don't care your words or my words they bomb targets. they are slow and have big guns in the front and guns in the back. that's all that matter. 

They are dangerous and I do not take them as easy.  I hate to attack them they are that good at hurting me, But if no one on my team is attacking them and they are heading to my base

oh well here I come.   I ran into a 3 man group of Heavy's and got shot down before i got 1 of them.  SO don't do that!  Fly alone! way out away from the rest of your team!  yell at them for help!  so by time time one of them gets there your dead and he is alone too.  I love Rambos easy kills. I try to tell people

stay in 1 group! fly over the area where r aa guns are.! climb n dive on the enemy.   2 of ours to 1 of them there will be more red team planes along soon. " teamwork"  do not ram into us over a kill.  Do not climb so high that when you dive you can not pull up and crash into the ground or water. or pull up sooner.  do not turn away from a diving plane turn under him and get on his tail. as he overshoots. The game is ( most of the time very fast.) very fast if you hide while your team mates need help and you watch them die and give no help . We see it.  The next game if your on the other side I hunt you 1st, you on our side and need help forget it! I will get on the bandit's tail who is on your tail but i will  hold  till he shoots you down then finish him off. fairplay no team work do not expect any.  hard words but I see it as a code. winning the game is not everything. I play for fun winning is very sweet.  but watching teammate screw others well that sucks.

sure there are all ways reasons to  to do something to allow a team mate to get the sharp end of the stick. But  I learned a long time ago in the marines.  your buddies will save you. goof offs let you die.  it is a game we don't see into each others eyes or heart. But If I ever do meet any of you I have no reason not too. I shoot lots of you down and get shot down by lots of you.

It's FUN. I love the game. so I guess I don't hate the GA planes I respect the skill behind the plane.  cause they sure hurt when I mess up.

see ya in the air.   BRING SOME TREATS. toss them out the window I will catch them. Tootsie rolls would be nice!

WT5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users