Break Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

xMADDMANNx #61 Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Pappy sry to hear, Im glad i had the chance to meet ya in Voice chat as well i hope to wing with you a few battles when you return.

Salute.

eggplant84 #62 Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View Posttadaaah, on 10 February 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

Pappabear is definitely one of my favorites; can't wait for your return.

As to the original post, we are aware that these matters need to be addressed. There are major changes in the works. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide details at this time. We do hear and the teams are aware. As soon as we get the okay, we will be posting more information.

As soon...soon...very soon...WG a recommendation.

You tell the company, the "we's" and the "teams" to please drop this word from your vocabulary. "Soon", and the use of it has probably given more people in the world reason to hate your guts than any game imbalance or bug itself. This can be simply explained as, you had every bit of time WoT was out for soon, soonish, very soon, etc...your problems here? They stem from being, wrong. Not unexpected, not ill-planned, just wrong. If this seems harsh to you, well believe me it ain't. Not as harsh as I or some have been in the past, and definitely not as harsh as we certainly can be. You, and the "team", and the "we's" can fix this tho, what people want is the truth. Something akin to:

We screwed up.

We rushed it when we shouldn't have.

We cut corners when w shouldn't have.

But, were aware, and working on it.

Yea we can't expect a new game not to have problems, but we expect a company who puts their stamp on a game that's been around for years, tested, edited, and fixed over time like WoT, to be a bit more serious when making a game like WoWP. You don't owe an apology, and I don't think we'd like one. You could offer and explanation, but I doubt anyone would accept it.

So just from now on please, deal in truth. I got news for ya'...We know it! So when ya' put out yer infos, and explanations, and blah, blah, blah, ya don't fool anyone, specially not long time tankers. Infact, all ya' do is piss ppls/players off. So just tell it like it is, not every player is gonna like it, some you'll never please. I assure you though a majority will understand it, as many have been playing online games now for close to anywhere from 1-2 decades. They've all had problems. They've all had balance issues. And they all made the same mistake of ignoring their players, and giving them these cookie-cut answers. So do yourself a favor, and get some respect back. Nothin' but the truth. Of course were gonna be ticked, but that will happen anyway. You'd be surprised though, even pissed off players defend a game zealously when your truthful with them.

209 #63 Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
Man oh Man oh Man !!!! This is just a  PC game, a game and some of you act like it is the end of the world,  Tadaaah I think its time to lock this post down

tadaaah #64 Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:06 AM

• 0 battles

View Posteggplant84, on 10 February 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

Hey there, Pilot. We are speaking the truth. We use the term "we" as we are company. Many cogs of the same machine, all necessary in order to function. We have recognized that these are issues and they are being addressed. The mission system is already being implemented with testing happening on the weekends. The full mission system should be in with the next update. 

We can tell you that clans are coming; that new game modes are being tested; that there are many changes that will be happening over the course of 2014. We can't give you dates and details for these features yet. Those items will come with time. Unfortunately, this isn't an over night process. These fixes take time. We know it can be frustrating with limited information and we will post the information as we are able. We thank our loyal community for being patient and sticking it out as we work to make these changes.

Now, please do not derail this thread as it should a fond farewell to amazing community member. I wasn't lying when I said he's one of my favorites.

_Laserguided_ #65 Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
He's not going anywhere... Neither is Alex.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

209 #66 Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:16 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
Farewell Pappabear, For the lessons using bombs and rockets and to you to Alex for putting on the classes. You two will be sorely missed.

WEBEUS #67 Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles

View Post209, on 10 February 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

Farewell Pappabear, For the lessons using bombs and rockets and to you to Alex for putting on the classes. You two will be sorely missed.

They aren't leaving. Both are still active on the forums and Spammer just won some gold.

Edited by WEBEUS, 11 February 2014 - 03:14 PM.

209 #68 Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
Why the name calling Croyd-Crenson, is that the way to get your point across. BAN this guy

Edited by 209, 11 February 2014 - 05:23 AM.

SkywhaleExpress #69 Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post_Laserguided_, on 10 February 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

He's not going anywhere... Neither is Alex.

This is true. As stated, I'm just playing a LOT less. Pappa and I have been dirt side on World of Tanks , as well as me being in BF4

View Post209, on 10 February 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

I'm not going anywhere, forum wise, and I WILL be making up for not making the Saturday round two training of rockets and bombs. IRL happened.

Pappa's still very much on the forum as well.

eggplant84 wrote:

We screwed up.
We rushed it when we shouldn't have.
We cut corners when w shouldn't have.
But, were aware, and working on it.

yeah..  No company is ever going to say these words just to ingratiate some "moral high ground" of a singular customer or a very vocal MINORITY of the customer base. Even if it's true, they will reword it into an investor relations/public relations  (PR/IR) message that puts a more positive spin on it.

And, to be fair, as you said.. All companies use the "soon" trademark response, because it's the best NDA appropriate response to us, as well as a hint of acknowledgment that they know there is an issue. Sad as it is, we gotta wait it out. AND, I will gladly wait it out in WoT!!!

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

_Lindy_ #70 Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles

View PostCharbydis, on 08 February 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

You know back when another unnamed clan was "the best" in closed/open beta, i didnt see this hate for them on the forums, maybe it's the toxic whiners that are ruining this for the players. All i read on the forums is negative negative negative. Try posting something positive, something you enjoy about the game

were still the best

datum perficiemus munus

Killerpopcorn #71 Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 358 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLindy, on 11 February 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

View PostCharbydis, on 08 February 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

You know back when another unnamed clan was "the best" in closed/open beta, i didnt see this hate for them on the forums, maybe it's the toxic whiners that are ruining this for the players. All i read on the forums is negative negative negative. Try posting something positive, something you enjoy about the game

were still the best

Hey, What makes you think your better at makin hashbrowns then me??? You may be a better pilot then me Lindy but I bet I can make a better Omelet then you!

MrPsychic #72 Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 186 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
LIGS is still around, and will be around for a long long time.

_Lindy_ #73 Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles

View PostKillerpopcorn, on 11 February 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Hey, What makes you think your better at makin hashbrowns then me??? You may be a better pilot then me Lindy but I bet I can make a better Omelet then you!

Ha I wished I could refute that, but I cant cook worth a crap :) wished I could I might get rid of my wife.

datum perficiemus munus

tahee59 #74 Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles

~~Most of the reasons have been brought up in other threads but here are just a few.

1. Troll flights................................................... ( no different than in cbt or obt they were there then )

2. Match maker ................................................( same as it was in obt)

3. Repeated nurfs to certain planes. ................( again same as it was in cbt and obt)

4. Low population .............................................( by making im taking a brake trend you add fuel to the fire )

pappabear #75 Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View Posttahee59, on 12 February 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

~~Most of the reasons have been brought up in other threads but here are just a few.

1. Troll flights................................................... ( no different than in cbt or obt they were there then )

2. Match maker ................................................( same as it was in obt)

3. Repeated nurfs to certain planes. ................( again same as it was in cbt and obt)

4. Low population .............................................( by making im taking a brake trend you add fuel to the fire )

And once again I state what I've said before.  If players don't let WGing know what they think is wrong with the game then the game will never improve. If you like the way the game is thats fine, I want the game to be better so I stated my concerns.

As for my taking a break, how do you think it adds  fuel to the fire.  I'm just an average player who's taking time to play WGings other game for the simple fact I wasn't having fun in this one.

From the way your sounding anyone that isn't enjoying the game should just leave and never say a word about the problems with the game, that way the game can stay the way it is.

If you like the game having a low population thats fine. I'd rather the population grow so that no matter what tier a player jumps into they can get a 15 vs 15 match. So yea I'm going to keep commenting in the forums about what i see as problems so that maybe the game will get better. If you think I'm hurting the game by this, thats fine your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine ( the only way the game gets better is if you let WGing know whats wrong).

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

tahee59 #76 Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles

I never said I didn't want the game to grow did i.

and you are far from an average player you are a community ace are you not

and with time the game will get better just like it has in the past

and if and when I leave I wont make a post about it

pappabear #77 Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

"and if and when I leave I wont make a post about it"

Then you'd be doing a disservice to WGing and the Community. The only way WGing can really improve the game is if players let them know why their unhappy with the game and why their leaving or staying.

A player just leaving doesn't have the impact of the same player letting WGing know the reason for the player leaving. If they don't know it's broke or considered a problem they can't fix it.

tahee59 #78 Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles

" Then you'd be doing a disservice to WGing and the Community. "

This is not cbt or obt anymore they have super tester and community aces for that now.

By wanting a lot of changes and not getting them asap  then quitting , it is like you are taking your  ball and going home and others will follow.

pappabear #79 Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View Posttahee59, on 12 February 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

" Then you'd be doing a disservice to WGing and the Community. "

This is not cbt or obt anymore they have super tester and community aces for that now.

By wanting a lot of changes and not getting them asap  then quitting , it is like you are taking your  ball and going home and others will follow.

ROFL  Lets see if I can make this very clear for you. I didn't ask for a lot of changes all of the sudden then stop playing because i didn't get them. I've posted comments about the same problems since cbt and will continue to post about things i see as a problem. I'd rather see the game grow and get better instead of failing and Me having to play the other game since i don't enjoy the other game at all. This is the first flight game I've played and now I'm hooked on flight games, so I want the game to stick around.

The super Testers and Community Aces are a small part of the community. So they can't answer for everyone. Even WGing has said the game isn't a finished product and will continue to change. So how is WGing supposed to change the game for the better if the players of the game don't let WGing know what they like and dislike about the game. Little or no input about the game from players will just lead to a stagnate game that ends up losing players instead of growing.

As for leaving, I said I was taking a break due to the fact i wasn't having fun. now to me it makes more since to take a break then to keep playing and get to the point I don't want to play at all. Now if that means I'm taking my ball and going home,  then there's always another day to bring the ball out and play again. 

At the end of the day everyone has to make up their own minds if they are enjoying the game or not and rather to continue to play or not.

Edited by pappabear, 12 February 2014 - 09:50 PM.

BAD_KARMA__ #80 Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 42 battles
  • [BAD-K] BAD-K

Some people are just control freaks papa. They will not be happy unless you say they are right and you are wrong. So I would just blow him off, it seems that more support you than oppose your actions. I would say that is a win for you and your taking a stance no matter what is said.

Not that I have anything against freaks in general, I say dare to be different.

www.JointAirCommand.com 

Join the JACS Clan   

Get your own FREE Gamevox server

Greeting and Good Hunting to everyone. <(-_-)

LaSandren, Commander, J.A.C.S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users