• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

BrushWolf #21 Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostFuzzybrainlizard, on 08 February 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

And for Pete's sake step up the advertising.  You need to spend a little to increase player base.  Spend money to make money or you will get to the point where it is too late for the game in NA.  You actually do have a great product idea here so don't mess it up. And be more supportive of this forum.  We are here to help you as much as ourselves.  Adios

This, I think WG expected more crossover from WoT but unfortunately the 3D movement environment seems to turn off most of the tankers. They need to get players from outside the WoT universe. Something that would help would be getting the game onto Steam as WT is which would go a long way to what I said in the previous sentence.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

eggplant84 #22 Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View PostNightmareMaker, on 08 February 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

While I agree with the post and the points contained ... I think it does a disservice to all to by "taking a break" or "going on Strike".

The number of members are not increasing and in fact slowly getting less & less ... the most important points noted above regarding the low population are #1 & #2.

I have seen times when the playing population is back down to the 300-500 members.

To lose the full participation from KEY person's such as pappabear does not make this game any better.

Well who wants to do a service to a company like WG who ignores every thread sayin' the same thing?

Hell the last time a decent player left the whole thread was sayin the same thing the guy who quit did. I posted simply WG should take notice and that it's entirely their fault, which it is, because we ain't devs. Next thing I know forum banned for 3 days. Course like I said, they can ban, and delete...anything, and everything almost, just not the problems. So again let me repeat:

WG

Another player quits/takes a break

It is entirely your fault.

Sandman1969 #23 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

View PostNightmareMaker, on 07 February 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

While I agree with the post and the points contained ... I think it does a disservice to all to by "taking a break" or "going on Strike".

The number of members are not increasing and in fact slowly getting less & less ... the most important points noted above regarding the low population are #1 & #2.

I have seen times when the playing population is back down to the 300-500 members.

To lose the full participation from KEY person's such as pappabear does not make this game any better.

By having key players leave, smart companies would sit up & take notice of this & wonder why.

For the population to keep going as if nothing is wrong will NOT help the game get better.

With people leaving, WG would want to do something to keep them along with trying to gain new players.

We are getting more and more proof etc that MM is broken and WG still ignores it. With the wowp version of xvm now running, we are seeing more and more stacked matches. And for the record, I am not saying the stacking is intentional, before someone tries to berate me for it. But the fact remains that it does happen.

ALTHOUGH, I think someone said that 1.2 was to have MM changes?

Will have to wait & see.

woofman34 #24 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG

View Postpappabear, on 07 February 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

It's time to take a break till some of the things in this game are fixed. The game is supposed to be fun and it isn't at the moment. It's more like clocking in for work.

Most of the reasons have been brought up in other threads but here are just a few.

1. Troll flights

2. Match maker

3. Repeated nurfs to certain planes.

4. Low population

These are just a few.

I'll still be active in the forums and willing to answer any question I can.

I have been on that buss for over a week now pappa , see you in a tank !

Toggle #25 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4643 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSandman1969, on 08 February 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

By having key players leave, smart companies would sit up & take notice of this & wonder why.

For the population to keep going as if nothing is wrong will NOT help the game get better.

With people leaving, WG would want to do something to keep them along with trying to gain new players.

We are getting more and more proof etc that MM is broken and WG still ignores it. With the wowp version of xvm now running, we are seeing more and more stacked matches. And for the record, I am not saying the stacking is intentional, before someone tries to berate me for it. But the fact remains that it does happen.

ALTHOUGH, I think someone said that 1.2 was to have MM changes?

Will have to wait & see.

I had no idea how bad it was until you started telling me the quality of players on each team.  I would have thought luck would have prevented how often it happens, but no.  Most games were heavily lop sided.

pappabear #26 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View Postwoofman34, on 08 February 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

I have been on that buss for over a week now pappa , see you in a tank !

The only problem I'm having in tanks is I keep hitting E for flaps to try and turn faster. :teethhappy:

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lou #27 Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpappabear, on 08 February 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

The only problem I'm having in tanks is I keep hitting E for flaps to try and turn faster. :teethhappy:

My problem in tanks carried over to RL- I keep wanting to park my car in a bush!

SkywhaleExpress #28 Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpappabear, on 08 February 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

I keep hitting W for boost... And run out of my bush hiding spot... :veryhappy:

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Binestar #29 Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 70 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
I disagree with repeated nerfs.  There has been only one patch, so that would imply one nerf.  =)

pappabear #30 Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostBinestar, on 08 February 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

I disagree with repeated nerfs.  There has been only one patch, so that would imply one nerf.  =)

LOL Yep technically your right. They nurfed the line repeatedly before going live so new players wouldn't have any ideal just how bad they have made the line as far as performance. 

StrawStock #31 Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
Been seeing you a lot in battles flying your GA... Sorry I won't be seeing you for awhile, hopefully it will be short hiatus. I like seeing familiars in battles. I sure hope WG takes some "Hints" on this, as its beginning to become a trend among more seasoned players..

Claudio67 #32 Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles

Hi, IMO WG should fix some things before making an ad campaign, the problem is not to bring new players, but to keep the existing ones. As of today, for me the game is not better nor as fun as it was in Beta, planes handled better, firing was better, everything felt more responsive than now. When game went live, the only enhancement I've noticed was the reduced hangar loading time (which was broken on previous patch), and the highlight of the 1.1 was changing the chevrons in plane specs to lines, no fixing the unusable Fortress map or at least removing it as they effectively did with Eastern Front. It's not an ad on TV what will save this game, on the same way the lack of it is not what is choking it.

See ya, these are not happy days, I hope they will return (good times and the good old players)

:honoring:

Sandman1969 #33 Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 08 February 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

the problem is not to bring new players, but to keep the existing ones.

The problem is both. They need to bring in new players before the old players get bored to death of the same stuff over & over again.

Claudio67 #34 Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles

If things are well done, existing players will keep, and new players will come and keep. Imagine yourself as somebody new to the game, how many time would you think you'll hold it? If new players come to play a week and then leave I don't see big success on it.

BAD_KARMA__ #35 Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 42 battles
  • [BAD-K] BAD-K
So being a new player I am not completely off the mark when I tell people that the planes in this game handle like pontoon boats?

www.JointAirCommand.com 

Join the JACS Clan   

Get your own FREE Gamevox server

Greeting and Good Hunting to everyone. <(-_-)

LaSandren, Commander, J.A.C.S.

_HeatSeeker_ #36 Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Hey WG are you seeing this? another one.

Well Pappabear I don't think we've ever communicated but I have flown with you and against you and consider you one of the best, much respect.

I hope your hiatus won't be to long as this game needs all the good players it can get. :honoring:

HS.

BAD_KARMA__ #37 Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 42 battles
  • [BAD-K] BAD-K
Someone mentioned another game. I am working on downloading it to see what it is like.

Edited by LaSandren, 09 February 2014 - 08:42 PM.

www.JointAirCommand.com 

Join the JACS Clan   

Get your own FREE Gamevox server

Greeting and Good Hunting to everyone. <(-_-)

LaSandren, Commander, J.A.C.S.

pappabear #38 Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
LaSandren you might want to edit your post naming the game that can't be named in the forums before you get a warning from the mods.

Niblets #39 Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
OOOOOhhhhhh Lasandren said.... IT! lol Papabear I heard about this from the clan. Good to know you will still be in the forums and in tanks. I also hope they fix these issues soon. I to find myself looking for a main game to replace my wasted hours, but It won't be in tanks. That game irks the poo out of me.

pappabear #40 Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostNiblets, on 09 February 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

OOOOOhhhhhh Lasandren said.... IT! lol Papabear I heard about this from the clan. Good to know you will still be in the forums and in tanks. I also hope they fix these issues soon. I to find myself looking for a main game to replace my wasted hours, but It won't be in tanks. That game irks the poo out of me.

But Niblets the tanks players are so polite and welcoming. :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users