Break Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

pappabear #1 Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

It's time to take a break till some of the things in this game are fixed. The game is supposed to be fun and it isn't at the moment. It's more like clocking in for work.

Most of the reasons have been brought up in other threads but here are just a few.

1. Troll flights

2. Match maker

3. Repeated nurfs to certain planes.

4. Low population 

These are just a few.

I'll still be active in the forums and willing to answer any question I can. 

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Fuzzybrainlizard #2 Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
Glad you will stick around in the forums.

Lou #3 Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Another valuable member of the community p.o.'d, and leaving for awhile. This sucks, WG needs to get their [edited]in gear.

I feel the same frustrations as everyone else. In my higher tier planes, I just run the doubles, and fly low tiers for the fun.

This 'it's live',  'ready for release' game seems far from it.

I had much more fun in beta.

Best of luck!

WulfNose #4 Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Community Ace
  • 570 battles
I'll be here when you return. Clear skies. Wulf

Mr_D_Duck #5 Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpappabear, on 07 February 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

It's time to take a break till some of the things in this game are fixed. The game is supposed to be fun and it isn't at the moment. It's more like clocking in for work.

Most of the reasons have been brought up in other threads but here are just a few.

1. Troll flights

2. Match maker

3. Repeated nurfs to certain planes.

4. Low population 

These are just a few. 

While I agree with the post and the points contained ... I think it does a disservice to all to by "taking a break" or "going on Strike".

The number of members are not increasing and in fact slowly getting less & less ... the most important points noted above regarding the low population are #1 & #2.

I have seen times when the playing population is back down to the 300-500 members.

To lose the full participation from KEY person's such as pappabear does not make this game any better.

Edited by NightmareMaker, 08 February 2014 - 04:35 AM.

CLOSED BETA -> 1008 ------ OPEN BETA -> 2891 ------ LIVE -> 6210 +

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Still Here & Still playing, The Game - MY WAY !

SkywhaleExpress #6 Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
And yet, it's a reality and should be seen as a wake up call.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

HEAVEYGEAR #7 Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 687 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Ok, I see the trend here. pappabear and alex out at the same time? Why? You guys have been instrumental in this game.

Always ready to help anyone with a question. 

Would it be the lack of recognition from WG's part?

Did the recent event with Dracarys have something to do with this? I really hope not.

You can choose not to reply, that's Ok, these are just questions I'm asking myself right now......

Reconsider and have fun with this, that's what it's all about.....

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

Mr_D_Duck #8 Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Recently noticed is the way WOWP's is treating many members.

- threads being locked and even removed with NO explanation or reasoning provided

- very little or no feed back from WOWP's rep's re many issues being raised by members over and over

- apparent unfair or completely discriminatory re the applications of WOWP's own rules regarding many areas such:

- - - as some members threads being deemed unproductive

- - - as some members comments being deemed violations of the Rules

- - - even some long standing members names being deemed inappropriate

Much of this is creating a "poisoned" environment and needs to be addressed and quickly if problems are going to be resolved.

CLOSED BETA -> 1008 ------ OPEN BETA -> 2891 ------ LIVE -> 6210 +

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Still Here & Still playing, The Game - MY WAY !

HEAVEYGEAR #9 Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 687 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Let's hope that someone from the "company" actually reads this.

This can be such a great game!!!!

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

SkywhaleExpress #10 Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHEAVEYGEAR, on 08 February 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

Ok, I see the trend here. pappabear and alex out at the same time? Why? You guys have been instrumental in this game.

Always ready to help anyone with a question. 

Would it be the lack of recognition from WG's part?

Did the recent event with Dracarys have something to do with this? I really hope not.

You can choose not to reply, that's Ok, these are just questions I'm asking myself right now......

Reconsider and have fun with this, that's what it's all about.....

Oh no, the hunt my friends thing was just a small slap in the face. I mean sure, If I had posted such a thread, it would be insta-locked for naming/shaming, but it's not that big an issue to me.

The continues ignorance of issues such as MM (issue since 5.1 OBT) and allowing troll flights to exist by not heeding the words of myself and AdmiralKird when we said that tier 8-10 should get locked for xx period of weeks/months.

The list can go on and on.

MIA - pappabear

HEAVEYGEAR #11 Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 687 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Well, I'm sure things will improve, you guys are some of the life blood of  this venture, a lot of time and effort put in on your part. Good job.....

Me.

Charbydis #12 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 72 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

You know back when another unnamed clan was "the best" in closed/open beta, i didnt see this hate for them on the forums, maybe it's the toxic whiners that are ruining this for the players. All i read on the forums is negative negative negative. Try posting something positive, something you enjoy about the game

Toggle #13 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4643 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

We may have found a self imposed cure for the OP flight problem.  A small group of us in a two flight's on TS battle at the same time.  9 out of 9 battles we were on opposing sides on the first day and 7 out of 8 the second.  This made the game a heck of a lot more fun for everyone.  It was a (mostly) guaranteed challenge.

Edit: To my flight mates, I apologize.  I honestly didn't mean to shoot you, bump into you, kill steal, or auger. 

Edited by Toggle, 08 February 2014 - 07:22 AM.

pappabear #14 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostCharbydis, on 08 February 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

You know back when another unnamed clan was "the best" in closed/open beta, i didnt see this hate for them on the forums, maybe it's the toxic whiners that are ruining this for the players. All i read on the forums is negative negative negative. Try posting something positive, something you enjoy about the game

Charbydis my decision to take a break has nothing to do with any clan. No where in my post did you see anything about any clan. 

I've played since closed beta, same as you. I'm not enjoying the game so I'm taking a break.

As far as something good, I'll say the same thing I've said before. Overall there's a great community in this game who are willing to help any player that asks a question.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Toggle #15 Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4643 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpappabear, on 08 February 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

As far as something good, I'll say the same thing I've said before. Overall there's a great community in this game who are willing to help any player that asks a question.

You got that right.

SkywhaleExpress #16 Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCharbydis, on 08 February 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

I fixed the neg. And, you oughta know better than to think me and papa are blaming any clan. We don't really take anything too personal with the clans. Even when we talk smack back and forth with those doing it to us, it's all in fun  and war.

MIA - pappabear

Cowboyhiho #17 Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5534 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Finding this interesting. As an closed Beta tester and huge fan of the old WW2 fighter games (on disc b4 internet) I  enjoy this game.  I must say I spend $0 on this game so far be it from me to to complain, but I will comment. I do notice my enjoyment decreasing.  I feel even tho I have some experience, my results have made it difficult to purchase planes above T6, let alone equip them with the extra goodies (being respectful that I spend more on beer than this game, even if I have one). However if the trend continues even the cannon fodder will leave. No population no game. hiho, with respect

BAD_KARMA__ #18 Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 42 battles
  • [BAD-K] BAD-K

View PostNightmareMaker, on 08 February 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Recently noticed is the way WOWP's is treating many members.

- threads being locked and even removed with NO explanation or reasoning provided

- very little or no feed back from WOWP's rep's re many issues being raised by members over and over

- apparent unfair or completely discriminatory re the applications of WOWP's own rules regarding many areas such:

- - - as some members threads being deemed unproductive

- - - as some members comments being deemed violations of the Rules

- - - even some long standing members names being deemed inappropriate

Much of this is creating a "poisoned" environment and needs to be addressed and quickly if problems are going to be resolved.

Well I tried to give you a positve quote but it says I have reached my daily limit for positive quotes. I do agree with everything that you are saying and the only suggest that I have is to try to put together an organized campaign both in the forums and on their face book page. I myself am trying to do this with players using joysticks or stick and rudder setups being at a distink disadvantage in the game when put up against the keyboard and mouse point and click to follow crowd. Since the joystick crowd should be more economiclly able to buy things from the store and more able to support the game economicly.

If you should deside to start any kind of campaign to facilitate change in the game please contact me. I will do all that I can to support you.

LaSandren

www.JointAirCommand.com 

Join the JACS Clan   

Get your own FREE Gamevox server

Greeting and Good Hunting to everyone. <(-_-)

LaSandren, Commander, J.A.C.S.

Sandman1969 #19 Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

I feel you, Papa. The only reason why I never really left was due to being addicted to this game. I still get frustrated with it, even when flighted with Toggle and others. Yesterday was a good example of that. I had one solo match in my Ar 68 with a win & 4 kills. I then flight up & can't play worth a crap at tiers 4/5 and 6, although I had one match that came close to getting an ACE.

Shall see what today brings when I get in. Hopefully it is better.

But I have said long ago that I did not think this game would make it. Look where we are now. Population is decreasing and people thought i was crazy for thinking it. WG does not advertise the game enough by any means. What they need to do is have both their WOT commercial attached with the WOWP commercial so they get equal time.

MM has and always will never work the way it actually should work, not this "as intended" crap. Obviously, "as intended" is not working and they need to re-think their stance on it.

Fuzzybrainlizard #20 Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles

I have been playing since CB and I must admit the level of frustration is increasing, as the many posts can attest.  It seems the older guys have less tolerance for new players or merely see them as meat for stats.  This is a result of low population reinforced by frustration.  The recent contest turned into the usual bnz for the most part.  If you want to get more players involved WP, have the same contest as  Tier 1 and have a ram fest.  It would have been far more entertaining and fun (no sarcasm intended, really none).  Even the new players would have stood a chance.   Fix MM for the nineteenth billion post of mentioning it. And for Pete's sake step up the advertising.  You need to spend a little to increase player base.  Spend money to make money or you will get to the point where it is too late for the game in NA.  You actually do have a great product idea here so don't mess it up. And be more supportive of this forum.  We are here to help you as much as ourselves.  Adios

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users