players problem needmoreplayers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

antdrew #1 Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [IGP24] IGP24
I was playing in closed beta when the game was deserted and a good time to find a battle was 3-4 min and I was thinking when WoWP gets released it should have heaps of people playing but this is not the case. There are more players but not heaps more and you still have to wait 1 min for a battle compared to a few seconds in WoT. I'm just wondering what's your opinion about the future of this game? Will more people play? Will the player base stay the same? 

Wolcott #2 Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think we need an incentive to attract more players, like the Get Airborne event. Can't imagine a better alternative than free gold just for playing a couple hundred games.

Brewster - for lasting mastery of the air

NathanFlightLeader #3 Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
When do you play WoT?? Sometimes I end up waiting 1:30 for a match on NA West. I actually get into matches quicker playing WoWP then I do in WoT.
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

Jeraqui #4 Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 23 battles

Allot of people who post here, seem to assume that because the North American NA server has a lower population, then this game is failing somehow.  

Maybe check the European and Russian server populations.   I hear this game is a hit :)

Edited to post a PS:  I never implied anyone in this particular thread is saying this game is failing.   But on an overall feel from these forums, there are many people who have stated as such.  

Edited by Jeraqui, 03 February 2014 - 12:37 PM.

Jeraqui #5 Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 23 battles

View PostWolcott, on 03 February 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

I think we need an incentive to attract more players, like the Get Airborne event. Can't imagine a better alternative than free gold just for playing a couple hundred games.

Very nice man.  I agree!  

WEBEUS #6 Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles

View PostWolcott, on 03 February 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

The learning curve for this game is a bit tougher than tanks on the ground. Free gold might be an incentive for some, but others will still decide to leave before they reach that point.

amade #7 Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 03 February 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

When do you play WoT?? Sometimes I end up waiting 1:30 for a match on NA West. I actually get into matches quicker playing WoWP then I do in WoT.

Go play on East. Never had to wait long for anything. Almost always instantaneous battle.

_Lindy_ #8 Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 202 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 03 February 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Only time i have to wait more than 10 sec is right after server restart and i play on NA east

datum perficiemus munus

zkyz #9 Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1663 battles
  • [GAVCA] GAVCA

Maybe with when they enable WoWP missions rewarding Gold or free xp (little amount) constantly instead of a lot of gold in one week only..... the player base from WoT can be hooked up

mizer67 #10 Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

The game has been on the wrong trajectory. I haven't been playing much, but when I last logged in we had gone from 3,000 during peak hours right after launch, to 2,400 during peak times after the race to the top was over to about 1,600 during peak times now.

There are lots of reasons for this I'm sure, but the population just won't support anything above Tier VII right now. I'm starting to think WG should have listened to some of the players and locked the upper tiers until the game could support them. There's so much potential for match making abuse at the high tiers with a small population it's not much fun to play. Also, 5 vs. 5 games don't really pay for themselves in XP.

WulfNose #11 Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Community Ace
  • 570 battles
Some say the pop is too low for the MM to work properly. Just as likely, the pop IS low because the MM is not working properly. Fix it, and pop will grow. Even so, I am not seeing significant delays in waiting for a game, with the exception of Tier 1, where the effect of the MM's defective priority scheme is most telling. In other words, the newest players, who we should be coddling, are treated the worst. Wulf

NathanFlightLeader #12 Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View Postamade, on 04 February 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

Go play on East. Never had to wait long for anything. Almost always instantaneous battle.

I have to deal with 200+ ping on NA West as it is, and East will probably be even worse so I'll stick with West for now.

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

amade #13 Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 03 February 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

I have to deal with 200+ ping on NA West as it is, and East will probably be even worse so I'll stick with West for now.

I'm getting 280ms on East. West would be better for me (around 50-60ms less), but it's just not worth it due to the lower population. Certain tiers become saturated too. I'm doing quite well even with 280ms (no packet loss) on East. When it comes to latency WoT is quite forgiving as it's not a twitch shooter.

pyantoryng #14 Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4074 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 03 February 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

I've been playing on the server with 300 ping before NA West was introduced...I'm used to that amount of ping on Tanks.

...and I am flying with that same ping.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Bogie_with_Stu #15 Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S

I'm in NC here on the east Coast and consistently get a 25-40 ms ping. That isnt saying it never goes higher....sometimes the server farts or my connection wobbles and I get a 320 ms ping "spike"...but it only lasts for a second or 2. I cant imagine trying to play with a constant ping above 160. Targets are literally not where you think they are when you fire.

As for the OP, I mean no disrespect to anyone who posted here or thinks that it is a good idea, but the constant drumbeat of "give us more gold!" is getting on my nerves. Why should a game have to pay it's players to play?

Bring the game back to the 4.1-4.9 balance levels, get rid of "ghost dead enemy planes" and for all that is good in the world, PLEASE get rid of the stupid altitude based performance crap.

I like specials as much as the next guy, but giving a bunch of gold to a bunch of tankers to come over and play temporarily is not going to help the numbers in the long run. It didnt work before, it wont work now. You wouldnt need to bribe people to play the game if they would just fix it all ready. (chat STILL doesnt work 60% of the time...and that is just flat out incompetent)

Shelby_ #16 Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 26 battles
I believe what is happening is the fun factor is gone.I used to play all the time during closed and open beta and  really enjoyed the game .I am a pretty good pilot but since it went live the flying dynamics have changed dramctically.The plane is unresponsive,sluggish.I played this weekend and just got totally frustrated with it and logged off. Between the lack of team work and ramming and the plane dynamics.After 20 straight losses I really not sure I will play again.I had even invested in the year package.The number of battles is not correctly shown I have over 1000 battles but did a name change

Edited by _Elektra_, 03 February 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Where did we park last night?
That was some party:P

Black_Orchid #17 Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 387 battles
  • [-REAP] -REAP
The ramming is going to increase since any plane 2 tiers lower has no choice but to ram.  Get used to it.

DerRittmeister #18 Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [8PANZ] 8PANZ
When I'm on usually around (10amish GMT) , 200-400 players. I've had up to 3min. que times. I've also pretty much given up playing above Tier 3, not only because I suk @ planes, but the MM 2 tier spread uses me as fodder. I don't really mind it "slapping" me back down tho' 'cause I don't play much anyway, nor well.

LordMaxx #19 Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I'm tired of the rammers.. PERIOD! You can be flying along engaging an enemy and all the sudden be cut in half by a rammer.. people turn and fly head on at me all the time and If bank or dive they end up on my six and since no one seems to play as a team before I know it there is 5 people shooting at me.. gets old. I usually only play if I have a wingman.

Also tagged with players, problem, needmoreplayers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users