When will you fix the Contact List?

chat contact friends bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Gunjamm #1 Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

My friends don't show up as "online" and we can't form a flight.  Often times the chat system shows "unavailable."  I'm not alone, this problem dates back before June of last year on these forums.  It seems many player's tickets were closed because you said it was a firewall problem, which it isn't.  I want to spend some money on this game but not if I can't play with my friends.  This should be a top priority fix, I'm done playing until then.  

When can we expect this to work?

-- "Speed Kills" in everything except for air combat.

amade #2 Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

A workaround (if you know your friend is actually online) is to create a flight, then manually type in your friend's name in the search field. His/her name will appear in the list and you will be able to send an invite even though it doesn't show the player as online.

Sandman1969 #3 Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

People are starting to think that WG is abandoning wowp now. I started a thread asking if they took the weekend off as there's been no posts from them since Friday and have looked at my thread but could not be arsed to reply.

This is looking bad. It's been 3 days now that the chat system has been completely off line now and not a peep from WG about it at all.

Rockstone_ #4 Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

My chat comes and goes, never lasting more then a few minutes though. This has been an issue from day one, if it's not fixed by now who knows if it ever will be.

The same with the in game mic never worked with any consistency, beats me why we are paying money for game that obviously stills needs work.

I have sent tickets in - all I ever got back is, we are aware of the problems.:sceptic:

Edited by Rockstone08, 27 January 2014 - 12:37 AM.

pickles64 #5 Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
The only way to fix problems is to refuse to pay for premium time, premium planes,  etc.......once you vote with $$$$ things will change

PostTraumatic #6 Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1530 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
exactly.....

Traurig_Yoda #7 Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGunjamm, on 26 January 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

My friends don't show up as "online" and we can't form a flight.  Often times the chat system shows "unavailable."  I'm not alone, this problem dates back before June of last year on these forums.  It seems many player's tickets were closed because you said it was a firewall problem, which it isn't.  I want to spend some money on this game but not if I can't play with my friends.  This should be a top priority fix, I'm done playing until then.  

When can we expect this to work?

Yes June of last year, they've said fire wall, router config, and more regarding ports, and that it would be addressed when they deal with the clan junk, so I would be surprised if the whining here does any good LOL!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users