Jump to content


anti keyboard+mouse diatribe!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

WhineMaker #21 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 769
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

 

 

When I go into a store, I'm always amazed at the available stick options(maybe 1, at most 3) as compared to the number of gamepads(10-20) or keyboard/mouse(100's). Promising numbers will rise with joysticks as the primary control of a Free 2 Play game, that has to be purchased separately, defeats the purpose of having the game available to the largest audience possible(for free). 

 

Having two consoles released, along with two major game franchises at nearly the same time, has created some serious competition for WoWP. WoT has been in release for almost three years and expecting WoWP to draw the same number of players, this early after the release, is not a reasonable expectation.

 

 

Would I have played this Free 2 Play game once, if I had to purchase a joystick to play.....nope.

 

 


View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

 


pappabear #22 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

    Community Noob

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 2,193
  • [LIGS] LIGS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

this whole callibrateignthe stick and secret files and blah blah blha.... "aint nobody got time for that"...........this is where WG has failed... K+M is not for flight sims.....and the joystick control requires some secret recipe programing or some weird difficult stuff to sorta work....and its still crap.... once they smooth out stick controls the player base will grow...mark my words

 

I have a problem with the part in bold. The reason I enjoy and play this game is for the fact I can use keyboard and mouse if I need too. I have a 3D pro flight stick but there are times when my hands will not let me use it so I use mouse and keyboard.

 

With your reasoning I wouldn't be able to play except on days when my hands aren't giving me trouble. This attitude is [edited], just because you don't like K+M doesn't mean you should limit anyone else from enjoying this game. 






Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Claudio67 #23 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles
  • 1,547
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013
AGAIN????

PrettyWoods #24 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

I make about 50% of my hits now without the aiming reticle even on the plane I'm shooting...mostly because half the time I'm in combat it's with several enemies in the area that I'm concerned about.

 

If I'm in a furball, and I try to switch targets constantly to look for the aiming lead, I'm going to miss a ton of opportunities.  Better to keep my target locked on someone I know is deadly, watch my surroundings, then shoot enemies based on the lead I know my guns need.

 

The lead indicator was great for me for the first thousand games.  Really taught me about how far certain guns could shoot and how far to lead planes at certain speeds...but now it feels like more of a detriment than a help.



Arthur_Dayne #25 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 96 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    02-08-2013

View PostBitterClinger, on 21 January 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

This secret video evidence is proof Mouse Auto Aim exists!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

View Postpetersleepy, on 21 January 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Here, I'll help you out.

 

http://worldofwarpla...99-petersleepy/

 

100% joystick, and joystick curves that take 15 seconds to fix after each patch.

 

Unless you happen to be playing with 150 ping, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the joystick controls.

 

View Postpappabear, on 21 January 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

 

I have a problem with the part in bold. The reason I enjoy and play this game is for the fact I can use keyboard and mouse if I need too. I have a 3D pro flight stick but there are times when my hands will not let me use it so I use mouse and keyboard.

 

With your reasoning I wouldn't be able to play except on days when my hands aren't giving me trouble. This attitude is [edited], just because you don't like K+M doesn't mean you should limit anyone else from enjoying this game.

its not necessarily a rant against K+M as it is a rant  gaisnt herky jerky controls in general... I think there is a place for K+M in every game.....I think its more or less a failure to recognize most people will use a stick in flight games...or NOT play....and the whole NOT play thing...is where most people are



WhineMaker #26 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 769
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostClaudio67, on 21 January 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

AGAIN????

 

Yup......

 

 

...time of the month again. :hiding:


View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

 


petersleepy #27 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

    TnB Rights Activist

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 1,494
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

 

 

its not necessarily a rant against K+M as it is a rant  gaisnt herky jerky controls in general... I think there is a place for K+M in every game.....I think its more or less a failure to recognize most people will use a stick in flight games...or NOT play....and the whole NOT play thing...is where most people are

I'm getting the feeling that you are ignoring everyone.


"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov


Vyacheslav #28 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

    (人^_^)。o.゚。*

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

its not necessarily a rant against K+M as it is a rant  gaisnt herky jerky controls in general... I think there is a place for K+M in every game.....I think its more or less a failure to recognize most people will use a stick in flight games...or NOT play....and the whole NOT play thing...is where most people are

 

as far as I am aware most ppl use K+M because they already own it, and no one wants to have to buy a JS to play a F2P game. Most of the JS users have played flight sims in the past, and are aviation buffs. and as far back as I can remember all the flight sims and arcade flight games that I have played had the option for keyboard. Soooo I dont think it is true to say that most people use JS for flight games. 



MrPsychic #29 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 186 battles
  • 988
  • [LIGS] LIGS
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
I have a Logitech Performance MX Mouse that I've been using for almost two years now.  It cost me 100 dollars when it came out and is perfect for everything I do.  Why would I buy a 30 dollar joystick for the only game I play that would 'require' a joystick when I can use my mouse?


Chuck_norris10 #30 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1917 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View Postpetersleepy, on 21 January 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Step 1) Bank 90 degrees to either direction

 

Step 2) Pull back fully in the joystcik

 

Step 3) Do not stall out due to lack of airflow over wings

 

Step 4) Realize this is not a flight sim

It's pretty close to MSFS and many other sims which real pilots use to train with.

I think anything that simulates flight is a flight sim.

My mother was an instructor and her flight sim back then cost about $5000.00 and had no monitor,just an artificial horizon and turbulence button for IFR training.

:laugh:


 

 


 

frankndeath #31 Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013

Peter would you mind posting a screen cap of the curve you use please

some comparison would be realy helpfull



petersleepy #32 Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

    TnB Rights Activist

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 1,494
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011

View Postfrankndeath, on 21 January 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Peter would you mind posting a screen cap of the curve you use please

some comparison would be realy helpfull

Spoiler

 


"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov


SkywhaleExpress #33 Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

    noob leader

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 10,731
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    09-09-2012
Okay, this is getting to be spam,  Arthur. Please, keep it to the same thread.

Edited by SystemRename354, 21 January 2014 - 10:20 PM.


Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear


Arthur_Dayne #34 Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 96 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    02-08-2013

View Postsfprankster, on 21 January 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

 

 

When I go into a store, I'm always amazed at the available stick options(maybe 1, at most 3) as compared to the number of gamepads(10-20) or keyboard/mouse(100's). Promising numbers will rise with joysticks as the primary control of a Free 2 Play game, that has to be purchased separately, defeats the purpose of having the game available to the largest audience possible(for free). 

 

Having two consoles released, along with two major game franchises at nearly the same time, has created some serious competition for WoWP. WoT has been in release for almost three years and expecting WoWP to draw the same number of players, this early after the release, is not a reasonable expectation.

 

 

Would I have played this Free 2 Play game once, if I had to purchase a joystick to play.....nope.

 

 

 its a keyboard game...and while ur playing......most are not...that shows that the game wont be a success focusing on keyboard control...no one has to buy anything...yet its a failure more or less.... they need to focus on controls BOTH K+M and joystick to grow pop......its all about controls...



WhineMaker #35 Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 769
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

 its a keyboard game...and while ur playing......most are not...that shows that the game wont be a success focusing on keyboard control...no one has to buy anything...yet its a failure more or less.... they need to focus on controls BOTH K+M and joystick to grow pop......its all about controls...

 

Joysticks are a very small niche market. For WG to focus resources, time and energy into such a small percentage of the overall gamer population will not contribute to any major growth in this game's population. If there was a substantial market for joysticks, don't you believe most stores would have a dedicated shelf space, at eye level, for the consumer to readily make purchases? Rather than the current, bottom shelf, single item on display, if anything at all.

 

This being a Free 2 Play game, the development team has to decide on how much to spend/limit resources on a small niche market or to target the masses.


Edited by sfprankster, 21 January 2014 - 11:27 PM.

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

 


SkywhaleExpress #36 Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

    noob leader

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 10,731
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    09-09-2012

You have to stop living in the past, Arthur. Even Microsoft Flight Sim X is mouse+keyboard easily controlled. In fact, a lot of control toggles you need during pre-flight, taxi, and landing are all toggled by using your mouse or keyboard to control them.

 

All flight games of the last 10 years have had mouse+kb compatibility, because joysticks are a very niche market. There's a reason why a French company bought out Thrustmaster, and that Thrustmaster isn't the big brand name it once was... even though it has the best quality of most of them.



Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear


oldkye #37 Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • 1,477
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Obligatory link to all the past times you've posted this lol.

http://forum.worldof...479#entry371479

http://forum.worldof...453#entry371453

http://forum.worldof...911#entry367911

http://forum.worldof...723#entry366723

 

 

Also I said just bump one of the others lol and last time you told us you were drinking is the only reason you made another so what is it this time XD

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

sorry guys! day off drinking ....blah


Vyacheslav #38 Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

    (人^_^)。o.゚。*

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postoldkye, on 22 January 2014 - 12:47 AM, said

Also I said just bump one of the others lol and last time you told us you were drinking is the only reason you made another so what is it this time XD

 

same reason again? lol



frankndeath #39 Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013
Thanks Peter

x_WARHOG_x #40 Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 643
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013
All I can say is uninstall find something else I use K&M because I don't have a joystick and really don't want to get one If you have one and use it that's your call but I would hazard a guess this game would wither and die if they removed the K&M controls......:popcorn:

Sneaking up on your six.....................





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users