anti keyboard+mouse diatribe!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

mizer67 #81 Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

there is no such thing as server average... when stats for flights are not seperaated from stats for solo play...im not a good pilot at all...and if I was I wwouldnt be out pounding noobs all day with glee....thinking my 70% winrate actualy meant anything in fact veryoen in the top 50 is purely based on flights judeing from the names there...not one has played 80% of their matches solo...and dare I say most ae 80% flighted so their data is skewed....unless u think....that solo with out the crutch flight these players are still 70%.....then I got some ocean front poperty in Arizona for u

Now here's where I know you have no idea what you're taking about and just want to rage at something.

I'm in the top 50 and have flown ~90% solo. I have only recently flighted much at all since I was trying out for a clan. My other flights were simply trying to help those that asked learn a thing or two.

Also, I know another player with a ~77-78% W/R that has never flighted once, didn't play in Beta and plays on a standard account, stock grind and all.

You have no idea who has flighted and who hasn't nor how much. That data simply isn't available. However, I know for a fact your assertion that you must flight to be in the top 50% of win rate is a pure, unadulterated falsehood.

raulv04 #82 Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I've always been a joystick user with flying sims (Microsoft FSX, CFS 1, 2 and 3, IL-2, you name it). I still have my joystick gathering dust in my shelf because I feel more comfortable flying with a keyboard and mouse. I did try to configure my joystick and even my gamepad, and I found them to be too sensitive, so I switched to keyboard and mouse. As the OP once tried to point out, I'm a relatively new player more than willing to try out the game with my joystick, of course. Once the joystick failed to pass the test, I "discovered" the keyboard/mouse interface and found it was easier to configure and to fly. I don't mind flying with my mouse and still can't fathom why the OP keeps complaining he can't fly with a joystick. Just switch to keyboard and mouse and that's it. You won't miss your joystick.

_Lindy_ #83 Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles

View Postmizer67, on 02 February 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Now here's where I know you have no idea what you're taking about and just want to rage at something.

I'm in the top 50 and have flown ~90% solo. I have only recently flighted much at all since I was trying out for a clan. My other flights were simply trying to help those that asked learn a thing or two.

Also, I know another player with a ~77-78% W/R that has never flighted once, didn't play in Beta and plays on a standard account, stock grind and all.

You have no idea who has flighted and who hasn't nor how much. That data simply isn't available. However, I know for a fact your assertion that you must flight to be in the top 50% of win rate is a pure, unadulterated falsehood.

Actually the data is available but for now my lips are sealed

datum perficiemus munus

mizer67 #84 Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostLindy, on 03 February 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Actually the data is available but for now my lips are sealed

Very curious about this......

Let me clarify my statement then, I have no idea how an individual player can access that data, although it may be possible. I'm sure WG can.

raulv04 #85 Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
So what? Most of us fly solo, anyway. Anyone can tell when looking at the players list before each battle. Of the 30 players, maybe 2, 3, or if we're luck, 4 and 6 players are teamed up. I also fly in two or threes mostly at night, when my buddies get back from work, and the streaks are the same as when flying solo, although there are some tactical advantages, of course. I'm not sure why the OP brought this up unless he's another statistics freak whose only desire is to have the best stats instead of having some good fun.

ccc_grampus #86 Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 885 battles

View Postmizer67, on 03 February 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

hi mizer,

what do you use, k+m or joystick?

because i had been shot down by you ,your shotting was quite accurate,whatever i did anything

(but if i do some defensive maneuver , it is hard for other single pilot to shot down me)

I am always using k+m,but now I pullzed if i need to change to use joystick,because I found that the defense of joystick users may be better than K+M users.

I like flying light fighter , and I think the defence skills of light fighter is very important.

Can you give me some advice?

thanks,

Edited by ccc_grampus, 09 February 2014 - 11:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users