anti keyboard+mouse diatribe!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

Arthur_Dayne #1 Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 96 battles

this is the huge problem with the game... K+M and mouse aim.......Joystick users are shooting at people not hitting the target and then they get killed in 5 seconds....by a p-51a... with 4 guns....and they r like...ok...guess he got lucky...but it happens with a somewhat  regularity.....and your like how can this be.......and over time  you start thinking...hmm....im at a signifigant disadvantage....using a stick... but I don't want to learn mouse and keyboard I want to use my stick....over time u realize WG wants to jam the square peg in the round hole.....that is Try to get more players by having easy K+M controls......so you are stuck with inferior joystick play.....and new players are super turned off by K=M controls...and UBER players are made gods by K+M controls....

unfortunately....keyboard and mouse works awesome for tanks it will work awesome for warships...but it should never have been the main focus of a flight sim...

you can scream about MM, scream about Me 410s and Flights....and Top tier flying...all you want...but population numbers will never go up until controls are worked out.. to where joytick users point the sights and are able to keep the sights on target with out bouncing all around....

if there are some here who like K+M fine...but the aim assist needs to go away......or joystick aim....needs to equalize....

this is a flight sim... I had alex...Vandross saying this wasn't a flight sim in mumble one night...um.....and im thinking....its a p-51 on a screen  your simulating it and flight.....So it is a flight sim.....

your joystick controls need to be smoothed out.....so your like in a BMW tracking thru a curve....nice and smooth...with that rear end squatting down........Smoooth...not bouncy......if you cant do this with your game it will never succeed.... I sugest....your programers use the tutorial...with the moving planes...and if they cant smoothly track the target using a joystick...u need tighten up your flight controls...EVERYONE is using the logitec extreme 3d.... use that as your default stick.. recommend it for the game.....

I promise you once you embrace sticks you pop goes up....embrace the stick recommend the stick...

and I know a lot of people are sick of me harping on this.....fine...but I feel with great certainty this is keeping WOWP down more than anything by far...how hard flight sims are and I watched my vest friend attempt to fly....it was horrible...both stick and keyboard...however it was vastly easier for him to sort of fly with the stick... the keyboard...which over 1000s of battles becomes  a god control.....was impossible for him...and the stick he couldn't aim.....

again we have people here pointing at top tier flying, we have them looking at OP planes like the 410 and 262 and we have people pointing at  MM....all of this pales in comparison to how the controls and herky jerkyness of the joysticks are keeping people from playing the game.... people played their everquest they played their dark age of Camelot they played those games...WSAD controls...so when tanks came it was easy...when  warships come. it will be easy same stuff......but now u add in that z axis........having to aim and everything else......is extrememley hard.....and yeah you tried to  dumb it down...but trust me...it never gonna work in a flight sim.... PUSH the Joystick...smooth it out like I said and SLOWLEY you will grow player base.....

make no mistake... Tanks and warships are K+M games and warships will be hugely successful.... but Planes.....its joystick all the way..and wont be growing playerbase until sticks are embraced

Edited by Arthur_Dayne, 21 January 2014 - 08:07 PM.

dawson112299 #2 Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles
There is no aim assist.

EspressoForHammy #3 Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

but it should never have been the main focus of a flight sim...

A WAHT?

(This is not a flight sim)

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

frankndeath #4 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I normally just say clear of this subject.

and im not sure if the Dev's are even going to address this subject either.

But im starting to think that they do need to start looking into finding  a better solution setting up a joy stick.

playing closed beta till now I have gotten use to using a joy stick.

New players are not going to be so patient with the game.

Arthur_Dayne #5 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

• 96 battles

View Postelisurf81, on 21 January 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

A WAHT?

(This is not a flight sim)

explain to me  why then we have a visualized representation of a p-51...flying thru a visualized representation of terrain and sky.......and its not being SIMULATED>......pfft...get a grip ...its a flight sim....

MrPsychic #6 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 186 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
I'm not spending 30 or 40 dollars extra to play a F2P game that I can do well in with a mouse.  There's no auto aim, there's no 'assists' for mouse users.  Mouse users lack some of the finesse and trick flying by joystick users but to say we shouldn't use a mouse at all?

pappabear #7 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

this is the huge problem with the game... K+M and mouse aim.......Joystick users are shooting at people not hitting the target and then they get killed in 5 seconds....by a p-51a... with 4 guns....and they r like...ok...guess he got lucky...but it happens with a somewhat  regularity.....and your like how can this be.......and over time  you start thinking...hmm....im at a signifigant disadvantage....using a stick... but I don't want to learn mouse and keyboard I want to use my stick....over time u realize WG wants to jam the square peg in the round hole.....that is Try to get more players by having easy K+M controls......so you are stuck with inferior joystick play.....and new players are super turned off by K=M controls...and UBER players are made gods by K+M controls....

unfortunately....keyboard and mouse works awesome for tanks it will work awesome for warships...but it should never have been the main focus of a flight sim...

you can scream about MM, scream about Me 410s and Flights....and Top tier flying...all you want...but population numbers will never go up until controls are worked out.. to where joytick users point the sights and are able to keep the sights on target with out bouncing all around....

if there are some here who like K+M fine...but the aim assist needs to go away......or joystick aim....needs to equalize....

this is a flight sim... I had alex...Vandross saying this wasn't a flight sim in mumble one night...um.....and im thinking....its a p-51 on a screen  your simulating it nd flight.....So it is a flight sim.....

your joystick controls need to be smoothed out.....so your like in a BMW tracking thru a curve....nice and smooth...with that rear end squatting down........Smoooth...not bouncy......if you cant do this with your game it will never succeed.... I sugest....your programers use the tutorial...with the moving planes...and if they cant smoothly tarck the target using a joystick...u need tighten up your flight controls...EVERYONE is using the logitec extreme 3d.... use that as your default stick.. recommend it for the game.....

I promise you once you embrace sticks you pop goes up....embrace the stick recommend the stick...

OK How many times have we had players come into mumble and complain because they can't hit a target even though their aiming at the red circle. We have to explain to them that the red circle is just the general area to aim at, sometimes you have to aim behind or in front of it to hit a plane.

So if this ideal you keep going on about mouse & keyboard having a special aim assist was right every time a player shoots at the red circle they should be hitting their target. Since that doesn't happen please explain what the problem is that aiming at the red circle isn't working.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Arthur_Dayne #8 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

• 96 battles

View PostMrPsychic, on 21 January 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

I'm not spending 30 or 40 dollars extra to play a F2P game that I can do well in with a mouse.  There's no auto aim, there's no 'assists' for mouse users.  Mouse users lack some of the finesse and trick flying by joystick users but to say we shouldn't use a mouse at all?

th issue comes in where...its two separate games....joystick and mouse....and what u have is....no matter what you say....WG helping mouse users with an uncanny ablity to hit the target....that joystick users don't have....so should you be able to use K+M.....emphatically yes......should you get help in hitting the target or should joystick users be penalized.....emphatically no.....is it easier to hit the target with the mouse....um....YES emphatically again...are you being helped? is their assist?.... don't know don't care all I know is that its on the order of 5 times easier to hit with mouse ....so there is a huge difference....an UNFAIR difference....and its that difference that needs to be smoothed out

Edited by Arthur_Dayne, 21 January 2014 - 08:13 PM.

learpilot #9 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

• 5 battles

View Postdawson112299, on 21 January 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

There is no aim assist.

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

Darcel_Jones #10 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

• 0 battles

This is getting redundant Dayne,all your posts are about this same complaint.

Bottom line,not every player is going to have a joystick but we all have keyboards and mice...pause for giggle.

If you really are so sure that the game is somehow assisting or cheating in favor of us K&Mers(its not)then come join the darkside my friend,we got cake. 

frankndeath #11 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

If they could just put some kind of stability control on joysticks to limit the bounce factor this would make it a hole lot easier to aim

This seams to be the real issue ,not that there is a aim assist.

Arthur_Dayne #12 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

• 96 battles

View PostDarcel_Jones, on 21 January 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

This is getting redundant Dayne,all your posts are about this same complaint.

Bottom line,not every player is going to have a joystick but we all have keyboards and mice...pause for giggle.

If you really are so sure that the game is somehow assisting or cheating in favor of us K&Mers(its not)then come join the darkside my friend,we got cake.

its not really about....assisting or cheating or the fact that everyone has K+M.... I 100% agree everyone has K+M.....but there are 1600 people on primetime......1600....what this post is about its controls.. ease of use....FINE everyone has a keyboard... where are these people with all these keyboards where the 50,000 people that play primetime tanks the 30K that play late into the night....THAT is what this post is about....Stagnancy....andthat Stagnancy is the controls... So while everyone has a keyboard and mouse they ARE NOT playing planes..and it has NOTHING to do with MM nothing to do with top tier flying and nothing to do with uber planes...its all about the controls.....its not easy... and the best way to grow player base is thru the joystick which makes controlling your planes easy...BUT right now joystick controls stink..badly.... and your keyboard and mouse controls...have FAILED MISERABLY to grow player base...... player base grwth .....is based on the controls....its the #1 issue with WOWP......and I swear to you by Grapthor's hammer, that this game will never be a success without smooth joystick controls....because ALL of YOUR KEYBOARD USERS....of which you state "we all have keyboards and mice" have only materialized.. of the 1600 players... take out 400 stick users..... these hundreds of millions of keyboard and mice users that you state....have only materialized.. 1200 players....so that is a HUGE FAILURE ..it accurately describes and supports me...everyone has a K+M but you only have 1200 players...and frankly maybe half use a stick...that's 800 players....seems to me they should go with the stick instead of treatin it like red headed stepchild,...cuz K+M has failed

Edited by Arthur_Dayne, 21 January 2014 - 08:37 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #13 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1868 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postfrankndeath, on 21 January 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

If they could just put some kind of stability control on joysticks to limit the bounce factor this would make it a hole lot easier to aim

This seams to be the real issue ,not that there is a aim assist.

I agree! My ten year old logitech works awesome and is beautifully stable but my brand new one is so twitchy that i went back to my old one.

BitterClinger #14 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

This secret video evidence is proof Mouse Auto Aim exists!!!!!!!

mizer67 #15 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 21 January 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

I agree! My ten year old logitech works awesome and is beautifully stable but my brand new one is so twitchy that i went back to my old one.

I agree with that consensus. My (new) 3D Logitech is very twitchy but I don't have an old one to go back to at this point.

Chuck_norris10 #16 Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1868 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postmizer67, on 21 January 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

I agree with that consensus. My (new) 3D Logitech is very twitchy but I don't have an old one to go back to at this point.

You have to have the steadiness of a brain surgeon. Just a simple sensitivity slider for the whole stick would be the ticket. I haven't tried the tweaking instructions posted yet either so maybe I can get it to be identical to my old stick.

mizer67 #17 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 21 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

You have to have the steadiness of a brain surgeon. Just a simple sensitivity slider for the whole stick would be the ticket. I haven't tried the tweaking instructions posted yet either so maybe I can get it to be identical to my old stick.

I tried messing with the curves to make it less sensitive (dropped the line about 30% lower than stock), but that didn't do it for me. Just feels like mush. I've been trying to get an XML file from the EU site to play nice, no luck so far. If you figure it out, let me know please.

petersleepy #18 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

Step 1) Bank 90 degrees to either direction

Step 2) Pull back fully in the joystcik

Step 3) Do not stall out due to lack of airflow over wings

Step 4) Realize this is not a flight sim

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

Arthur_Dayne #19 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

• 96 battles
this whole callibrateignthe stick and secret files and blah blah blha.... "aint nobody got time for that"...........this is where WG has failed... K+M is not for flight sims.....and the joystick control requires some secret recipe programing or some weird difficult stuff to sorta work....and its still crap.... once they smooth out stick controls the player base will grow...mark my words

petersleepy #20 Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 21 January 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

this whole callibrateignthe stick and secret files and blah blah blha.... "aint nobody got time for that"...........this is where WG has failed... K+M is not for flight sims.....and the joystick control requires some secret recipe programing or some weird difficult stuff to sorta work....and its still crap.... once they smooth out stick controls the player base will grow...mark my words

Here, I'll help you out.

http://worldofwarpla...99-petersleepy/

100% joystick, and joystick curves that take 15 seconds to fix after each patch.

Unless you happen to be playing with 150 ping, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the joystick controls.

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users