Don't fixate. Vengeance may still come.

tactic win winning teamwork team help helping target targeting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: That guy hit me! (16 members have cast votes)

I'm fairly evenly matched against the plane that just shot me and did minor damage, so I __________________.

1. Turn, engage, and take him because I like my plane flightworthy and he scratched my paint. <grumbles and cusses> (2 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Consider the map and vicinity of other enemy, then go get dat summa...... (9 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

3. Dodge, roll, bank, dive, climb, roll again, and get a good look before being destroyed because I'm no aerial acrobat. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Listen to Roy's advice. (5 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Hide poll

Roy_McMullet #1 Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4 battles

Long time listener, first time poster .

Listen.  I know that tier I guy dinged you for 10 or 15 damage.  You rolled over and so did he/she and it's turning into a dogfight that may last.  But as you're rolling you see another, then a couple more, enemy planes, all within 2000' and you know your adversary is still banking hard. 

Don't stay with the guy.  Stay twitchy, yes, because he may fixate on you, but take some pot shots on those others in your area, especially if it involves turning to engage or allows for some braking/engine cooldown or, morst importantly, will bail a teammates [edited]outta the fire.  Bring the guy into the furball and, who knows, maybe turf or circumstance will eliminate the threat.

WEBEUS #2 Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles
If  I have a rear gunner along, I like to try and give him a good shot at the guy.

NemesisStar #3 Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
For the most part, If you are in match where 3 hostiles are closing in and there is no ally in sight  you  hold your own for as long as you can, but there is no shame in ramming when it becomes obvious your about to go down and there is no help coming.

Only the weak die, the rest of us go to Cuba to chill with Tupac,Elvis,Kurt and Micheal. 

Darcel_Jones #4 Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Not fixating on an enemy is rough,I myself have been guilty of this all to often.But alas,your right,if the situation calls for it I will let a minor enemy go for the big picture.I think this is esp true when it comes to GAA and heavies who I have watched drag others all over the map basically taking whoever is chasing right out of the fight,sometimes ya jus got to let em go.

WEBEUS #5 Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles

View PostNemesisStar, on 20 January 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

For the most part, If you are in match where 3 hostiles are closing in and there is no ally in sight  you  hold your own for as long as you can, but there is no shame in ramming when it becomes obvious your about to go down and there is no help coming.

I have to agree. i was flying my 209 V a few weeks back and was shot up pretty bad. I was able to get the thing turned back around but it was more sluggish than usual. I ended up nose to nose with my attacker although i was hoping the 20mm might cause him to evade. We collided and that was that. His final comment was something to the affect that I had no skills as a pilot and took the easy way out. I wasn't able to respond but what he didn't realize was that I was in such bad shape that it did require skill for me to get that thing in the proper direction.

Lou #6 Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Always keep that minimap in the corner of the eye, situational awareness is crucial

MrPsychic #7 Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 186 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
If I get shot, I'll roll out of the way and target him so he can't get another shot on me.  If I get the kill shot on him, it's beautiful, if not, doesn't matter, I live.

ScrewySqrl #8 Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 176 battles
  • [KGS] KGS

I know I've been in furballs outnumbered 5:1, and I try to scatter damage on anyone who gets in my crosshairs at that point, knowing I'm gonna die.

at least once, 4 of teh 5 managed to tangle themselves up and I emerged with a kill and still flying

Edited by ScrewySqrl, 21 January 2014 - 03:00 AM.

NemesisStar #9 Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostWEBEUS, on 20 January 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

I have to agree. i was flying my 209 V a few weeks back and was shot up pretty bad. I was able to get the thing turned back around but it was more sluggish than usual. I ended up nose to nose with my attacker although i was hoping the 20mm might cause him to evade. We collided and that was that. His final comment was something to the affect that I had no skills as a pilot and took the easy way out. I wasn't able to respond but what he didn't realize was that I was in such bad shape that it did require skill for me to get that thing in the proper direction.

Skill isn't the issue, the game is about 40% skill, 40% Focus and 20 % luck.  Luck comes into play with how the team spreads out.  Depending on what your flying  even out numbered 3:1  Your not automatically screwed- but situatuonally if you know for certain that your about to die- there is no shame in ramming.  People who complain about skill in scenario are just butt hurt that you got them.

i actually once in my P40 was 2 on 1 with 4 kills and 12hp left and I got a ram for the 5th kill.  The other guy ranted the rest of the game about how I was no skilled...etc etc.

Edited by NemesisStar, 21 January 2014 - 05:39 AM.

Only the weak die, the rest of us go to Cuba to chill with Tupac,Elvis,Kurt and Micheal. 

Toggle #10 Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4643 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Not to mention, you gain credits for damage to enemy targets, not how long you can maneuver with an enemy. 

Although, your team may be forever grateful that you tied up your adversaries for so long that the team can now pull off a win.  I had to laugh reflecting on those missions that even though it looked hopeless, something amazing happened to turn the tide of battle.  Most often the two or three guys on your tail collide or one eats turf.

Nihtwaco #11 Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

• 488 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
Nothing quite like the joy of 10 HP left then getting five kills for the end game win. Smoking pile of junk with active guns is a threat until it is a lawn dart.

Also tagged with tactic, win, winning, teamwork, team, help, helping, target, targeting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users