Jump to content


Reviewing Plane: The Mighty Pegasus!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Blodstainer #1 Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Okey here's a little bit of love-hatred for you guys, this is the Pegasus or the Pegas, a USSR Attack Aircraft designed to take out tanks and armoured vehicles.
This was given out via the closed-beta system rewards so I'm not sure whether or not you will actually be able to get your hands on this, but I figured I might as well cover it in case.



Heh #2 Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I can summarize the Pegas in one word. Watch me.

 

RAWKITS


Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

triptyx #3 Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

    Flying Llama

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 1,622
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Technically it was the Open Beta plane.  :)

 

Keep up the good work on the reviews!



Blodstainer #4 Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Posttriptyx, on 14 January 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

Technically it was the Open Beta plane.  :)

 

Keep up the good work on the reviews!

Yeah I got a bunch of premiums, but they didn't really tell us which ones were from the open or closed beta xD



Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2510 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

Well I dont agree with some of your points on the video.

I can dogfight,zoom and boom and take out allmost any head on rammer with the pegasus.

With 938 battles and 597 kills and only 240 ground targets destroyed you can tell what I use the pega for.

95% of my 140 rocketeer medals are on the pegasus.

 

You say go for a pegasus if you see one and trust me,lots do,having 4 or 5 on your tail is a regular occurence.

The thing is not many can fly as slow as a peg which can literally float in the air while enemies over or under fly you.

I just fly low, throttle down if people are on your 6,nose up and then drive them into the ground,let them overfly you and taste your rockets or cannons too.

I can effectively rocket you at 1000 meters or farther or 10 meters when you overfly me.

A few shots from the gun in the right place will decimate them.

I rarely get less then 3 kills/match with the peg and that's all dogfighting or sniping.

It also excels at air to air bombing of people on your tail,sometimes 3 at a time,you just have to learn to work the peg.

it's ability to stall out on a dime is a good thing,some guys try 4 or 5 times to get back on my 6 only to overfly me again as i hit them with a few shots everytime......or a rocket.

Getting someone behind you to in front of you is real easy on the peg.*wink*

Just sayin.

 

 

 


Edited by Chuck_norris10, 14 January 2014 - 09:10 PM.

 

 


 

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2510 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

I posted this the other day on the USSR section about the peg so forgive the duplications.

 

Block Quote

Rocketing peeps and rammers is only half the fun in a peg. Once you run out of rockets  it's time to switch it up a bit and get some nubs on your 6 and you accomplish this by going after a low flying fighter and soon you will have 3 or 4 on your tail whittling down your hp and this is where the fun begins.

Most folks dont realize the peg will fly stupidly slow,so slow you can practically stop and wait for enemy to overshoot you,some try stay behind and drop into the ocean because they cant fly as slow as a Pega and stall out,when the bullets from behind stop you know the tail is furiously wrestling his controls,mouse or buttons in an attempt to stay aloft and behind you for that one sweet shot.One tactic is to fake a climb,the pegs got good afterburners and they will anticipate this,after about a half second you just throttle back to a controlled stall and drop the nose and gamble at which side the bad guys going to turn when he realizes he is now directly in front of you. Not long ago I had 3 on me and by useing this tactic I watched each one of them overshoot me 4 times each and they kept circling around for another run I would be laughing so hard I would crash.When you get that many on your tail your mission is pretty well now a suicide run so you take out what you can and by shooting them as they over fly you eventually those few shots from the pegs killer guns takes it's toll.

 

When I first flew the peg I wondered why anyone would fly an aircraft like this? It's a floating bullseye!

Then I utilized it solely in my war against rammers because of it's 9 rockets and started to turn what I thought were it's weaknesses into it's strengths!

I started getting 3 and 4 kills every battle with it along with the rocketeer just because you can literally stop that thing in mid air,have a spot of tea and then drop and chop.

 

Pega pilots are like the kamikaze pilots,they dont expect to come back or survive.

They fly to rocket a heavy or a rammer and then they become bait for all the nubs in biplanes and divert the enemy fighters away from the team and weaken or kill as many as possible before a mid air collision in a failed drop and chop sends him to the waters below.

We rarely make it to the battle before anyone else because of our speed but I love this wide winged wonder and have 531 kills on it now and rocketeer #121.

 

So dust off those Pegas folks and polish up those wooden props.

If they get on to your rocketeering ways put bombs on for a few battles!

 

 


 

 


 

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2510 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

I would like to see a match with nothing but pega's on both sides.

It would be like new years over Paris in the skys!

A match could last hours! :angry:

 

 


 

 


 

Quesnel #8 Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • 5,367
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Could you imagine of this had a rear gunner?


Blodstainer #9 Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostChuck_norris10, on 14 January 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

Well I dont agree with some of your points on the video.

I can dogfight,zoom and boom and take out allmost any head on rammer with the pegasus.

With 938 battles and 597 kills and only 240 ground targets destroyed you can tell what I use the pega for.

95% of my 140 rocketeer medals are on the pegasus.

 

You say go for a pegasus if you see one and trust me,lots do,having 4 or 5 on your tail is a regular occurence.

The thing is not many can fly as slow as a peg which can literally float in the air while enemies over or under fly you.

I just fly low, throttle down if people are on your 6,nose up and then drive them into the ground,let them overfly you and taste your rockets or cannons too.

I can effectively rocket you at 1000 meters or farther or 10 meters when you overfly me.

A few shots from the gun in the right place will decimate them.

I rarely get less then 3 kills/match with the peg and that's all dogfighting or sniping.

It also excels at air to air bombing of people on your tail,sometimes 3 at a time,you just have to learn to work the peg.

it's ability to stall out on a dime is a good thing,some guys try 4 or 5 times to get back on my 6 only to overfly me again as i hit them with a few shots everytime......or a rocket.

Getting someone behind you to in front of you is real easy on the peg.*wink*

Just sayin.

 

 

 

Its a killer alright, but any competent pilot should be able to get above this and take it out, due to its low engine-power and relatively high weight it can't really climb and high-altitude fights are its weak points.

And don't worry about duplication people usually don't check both forums, and you could always have edit the comment in  :P



Chuck_norris10 #10 Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2510 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

It cant climb very well but hit a furball at top speed in a dive and not many in that tier can catch you if you just hit and run.By the time you get to the furball it is usually well in progress which means a couple shots to 3 enemies can get you 3 kills in one run.

The thing about people trying to get above is they anticipate an easy kill and the pegs got lots of hit points,that's why you wind up with 3 or 4 on your tail,they overfly it constantly or crash into each other trying not to crash into the peg(or the ground) which makes its slow speed an asset and not a liability.

I'm only an average pilot in this game but the numbers speak for themselves on my pega.

I look at a planes supposed weakness as something to exploit and not a weakness.

The fact that it can stop on a dime and practically hover makes for lots of kills if used right.

It has lots of health points,more boost then most, 9 rockets and one deadly gun,

I average more kills per match with the peg then any of my other planes and I have a few but I have allways loved a challenge and flying the pega is one for sure.

 

There is also no better feeling then hitting someone with a rocket 1000 meters away and rocketing two AO192's in a battle really helps the team.

:kamikaze:

With 9 rockets you can waste the first two checking out your lead on the enemy and if you need more or not,your reticule or aiming circle does not have to be lit up either.

 

Some day I'll try and see how many GT's I can get with it but right now killing ao's and biplanes is a lot of fun and I only use it for that and am quite often the last man standing on my side and with most kills.

 

Long live the Pegasus and long live my ASUS which is named after the legendary bird the Pegasus!

:izmena:

 

EDIT-I enjoyed the video! Not many people have pegs so it's nice to see how others fly it,dont see many in battle.

 

 

 

 


Edited by Chuck_norris10, 15 January 2014 - 08:35 PM.

 

 


 

Blodstainer #11 Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostChuck_norris10, on 15 January 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

It cant climb very well but hit a furball at top speed in a dive and not many in that tier can catch you if you just hit and run.By the time you get to the furball it is usually well in progress which means a couple shots to 3 enemies can get you 3 kills in one run.

The thing about people trying to get above is they anticipate an easy kill and the pegs got lots of hit points,that's why you wind up with 3 or 4 on your tail,they overfly it constantly or crash into each other trying not to crash into the peg(or the ground) which makes its slow speed an asset and not a liability.

I'm only an average pilot in this game but the numbers speak for themselves on my pega.

I look at a planes supposed weakness as something to exploit and not a weakness.

The fact that it can stop on a dime and practically hover makes for lots of kills if used right.

It has lots of health points,more boost then most, 9 rockets and one deadly gun,

I average more kills per match with the peg then any of my other planes and I have a few but I have allways loved a challenge and flying the pega is one for sure.

 

There is also no better feeling then hitting someone with a rocket 1000 meters away and rocketing two AO192's in a battle really helps the team.

:kamikaze:

With 9 rockets you can waste the first two checking out your lead on the enemy and if you need more or not,your reticule or aiming circle does not have to be lit up either.

 

Some day I'll try and see how many GT's I can get with it but right now killing ao's and biplanes is a lot of fun and I only use it for that and am quite often the last man standing on my side and with most kills.

 

Long live the Pegasus and long live my ASUS which is named after the legendary bird the Pegasus!

:izmena:

 

EDIT-I enjoyed the video! Not many people have pegs so it's nice to see how others fly it,dont see many in battle.

 

 

 

 

True, but that's a good reason to start the game with climbing :P



theponja #12 Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 293 battles
  • 929
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

Sadly I had a rush of work when the beta was going and I couldn't reach the necessary battles but I enjoyed a lot to fly the Pegas in the beta. I wrote a post about that called "The slow pleasure to fly a Pegas". It seems to be gone now.

 

The Pegas is one of few different aircraft in the game sometimes you change an aircraft and it's just more fast or agile, not the Pegas. I just hope they give us another opportunity to get it.

 

Thanks for the video and tactics guys.

 

theponja



Chuck_norris10 #13 Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2510 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View Posttheponja, on 20 January 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

Sadly I had a rush of work when the beta was going and I couldn't reach the necessary battles but I enjoyed a lot to fly the Pegas in the beta. I wrote a post about that called "The slow pleasure to fly a Pegas". It seems to be gone now.

 

The Pegas is one of few different aircraft in the game sometimes you change an aircraft and it's just more fast or agile, not the Pegas. I just hope they give us another opportunity to get it.

 

Thanks for the video and tactics guys.

 

theponja

I'm getting 3 and 4 kills a match with it now! 

Body count is 714 bandits splashed and 170 rocketeers(and climbing)


 

 


 

Wolfrum #14 Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 651
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    10-20-2011

I finally got, after much practice two rocketeers with this. Its actually a giggle to get them now that I got the flight path down pat. The Pegasus is such a stable platform that I can do all my aiming with very simple moves on the controls. So my rule of thumb is, 6 rockets for GT's and 3 for any plane you tackles me head on.

Got an Ace in it too.

 

-Wolf

 


A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

Chuck_norris10 #15 Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2510 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostWolfrum, on 20 January 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

I finally got, after much practice two rocketeers with this. Its actually a giggle to get them now that I got the flight path down pat. The Pegasus is such a stable platform that I can do all my aiming with very simple moves on the controls. So my rule of thumb is, 6 rockets for GT's and 3 for any plane you tackles me head on.

Got an Ace in it too.

 

-Wolf

 

Nice! Congrats on the ace! Your bang on about the stability too! 

Sometimes you only need one rocket to slam one through an enemies peepers if you hold it steady enough.

If the enemy starts catching on to your rocketing ways try bombs for a few rounds,the pegs great at bombing others in the air and they seem to attract a lot of followers!

Let a few fly through you from behind for even more fun. When they all of a sudden are in front of you start popping caps into them,

Nothing funnier then watching some one overfly you 5 or 6 times while you whittle down their HP each pass.If you stay out of the stall you should have enough boost to get right behind them.

I see it over and over every match,the more behind you the better sometimes.


 

 


 

punkflamingo #16 Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Our clan will not infrequently have "Peggy" parties where we all get in the pegasus and have at the rocket kills!

genegx #17 Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

>>>

Let a few fly through you from behind for even more fun. When they all of a sudden are in front of you start popping caps into them,

Nothing funnier then watching some one overfly you 5 or 6 times while you whittle down their HP each pass.If you stay out of the stall you should have enough boost to get right behind them.

I see it over and over every match,the more behind you the better sometimes.

<<<<

Do you try to fly very low as well as slow in your Peg when people are on your tail, or does the slow flying work at any altitude? 

 

If I am not very low to begin with, when a lot of planes get on my tail, it seems like it takes a long time to slow down, particularly if I am up a couple of hundred meters and dive to the deck.



Binestar #18 Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 70 battles
  • 1,028
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostKnight44, on 20 January 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

>>>

Let a few fly through you from behind for even more fun. When they all of a sudden are in front of you start popping caps into them,

Nothing funnier then watching some one overfly you 5 or 6 times while you whittle down their HP each pass.If you stay out of the stall you should have enough boost to get right behind them.

I see it over and over every match,the more behind you the better sometimes.

<<<<

Do you try to fly very low as well as slow in your Peg when people are on your tail, or does the slow flying work at any altitude? 

 

If I am not very low to begin with, when a lot of planes get on my tail, it seems like it takes a long time to slow down, particularly if I am up a couple of hundred meters and dive to the deck.

 

if you want to slow quickly in the pegasus, just hold brakes, nose up and you'll came to a screeching halt.



Wolfrum #19 Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 651
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    10-20-2011

View PostKnight44, on 20 January 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

>>>

Let a few fly through you from behind for even more fun. When they all of a sudden are in front of you start popping caps into them,

Nothing funnier then watching some one overfly you 5 or 6 times while you whittle down their HP each pass.If you stay out of the stall you should have enough boost to get right behind them.

I see it over and over every match,the more behind you the better sometimes.

<<<<

Do you try to fly very low as well as slow in your Peg when people are on your tail, or does the slow flying work at any altitude? 

 

If I am not very low to begin with, when a lot of planes get on my tail, it seems like it takes a long time to slow down, particularly if I am up a couple of hundred meters and dive to the deck.

 

It is best to get low low with the peggy (at least in my opinion). That way if they go for a top down attack , most newer pilots pull out too late and will hit the deck (a kill is a kill even if the ground does the work) , or they will try and slow to get guns on you and stall out and crash (I've seen both ways happen).

I find that the higher up you are, the better chances of getting shot down quickly. And dragging planes that low depletes their energy which lets face it, is deadly to them too.

 

-Wolf

 


A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

Chuck_norris10 #20 Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2510 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostWolfrum, on 20 January 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

 

It is best to get low low with the peggy (at least in my opinion). That way if they go for a top down attack , most newer pilots pull out too late and will hit the deck (a kill is a kill even if the ground does the work) , or they will try and slow to get guns on you and stall out and crash (I've seen both ways happen).

I find that the higher up you are, the better chances of getting shot down quickly. And dragging planes that low depletes their energy which lets face it, is deadly to them too.

 

-Wolf

 

I have tried all heights and depending on how high you are you have to fight a bit different.But for an allmost guaranteed rocket kill right off the bat i stay at the alltitude it starts at and point myself straight at enemy HQ.Soon you will have 4 or 5 enemy coming right at you and then you watch to see which ones are going for targets and just wait for one to come at you.Sometimes i try lure one away from the pack with a few shots. After my target explodes in my windshield i use the energy from alltitude to dive quickly to the deck. Thats when the fun begins,it's so easy to make someone smash into the ground.:trollface:


 

 


 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users