Supremacy killing wowp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

Mercsn #21 Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I say give the GA the same auto-aim factor as HF and LF, take out their altitude penalty, undo their accuracy nerf and boost thier maneuvering and controlability so they can work as SF (super-heavy fighter) and head back to the air fight.  

THEN, the OP's question, "is this not a dogfighting game?" would be valid.

Wowp is a wwII airplane centric arcady shooter.  Some of the planes primarily shot ground targets and tactical air-to-ground combat fits within the scope of wowp's design.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

skribs15 #22 Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

Speaking as a mainly GA pilot, I think supremacy gives me a purpose.  Without supremacy I'd just be a sitting duck with no value to my team.  Without supremacy or GA, I wouldn't find this game as fun.

So no, supremacy is not killing this game.

Wolfrum #23 Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 13 January 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

As a GA pilot I can say that I love the current supremacy. If the enemy team keeps winning by supremacy, then your team is making a tactical error by not going after them. In some matches where I am left along I can rack up 12+ ground kills. People need to start realising that GA left alone are lethal, and start targeting/protecting them.

I for one, can well and truly say that I will give my plane and my purpose to ensuring that the GA's mission goes as smoothly as possible.

I have in many many games been that protector, when the call goes out to clear a tail, I am there, shooting and weaving. Even when I know that inciting the other plane and pilot could well and truly get me shot down.

That is why I love the dynamics of this game. Every Plane has a purpose, and if you find the right mesh of players, a brotherhood in the sky.

GA's need to exist, and so does supremacy.

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

QuickSilver_1 #24 Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I don't fly GA planes! I dog fight. I hate the ga wins. you shoot non moving targets watch your HP counter. and if no other planes come and stop you you win.

not what I want but I am only one player. I shoot down planes, now I have to target GA plane and heavy planes.

slow and big guns. I can kill 2 or 3 of them. not much fun, then my HP get low and any fighters left have a advantage over me with higher HP count.

most new guys do not attack Heavy( HIGH HP) planes so I am alone a lot even asking for help and get no help to attack the big boys.

So maybe I kill planes and get ace award. and forget about winning. stats show low win loss record cause I don't care any more about winning just 

w/b and kill %. and shooting down lots planes per game. get ace and lose the game.

still a fun game and I love flying and dog fighting.

I will learn to not pay much attention to win or loss just how many did I shoot down.

I try to get people to play n group help each other climb n dive on bandits but most fly off to die alone.

So i kill planes. still lots of fun.

BitterClinger #25 Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostWhiteTiger_5, on 13 January 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

I don't fly GA planes! I dog fight. I hate the ga wins. you shoot non moving targets watch your HP counter. and if no other planes come and stop you you win.

not what I want but I am only one player. I shoot down planes, now I have to target GA plane and heavy planes.

slow and big guns. I can kill 2 or 3 of them. not much fun, then my HP get low and any fighters left have a advantage over me with higher HP count.

most new guys do not attack Heavy( HIGH HP) planes so I am alone a lot even asking for help and get no help to attack the big boys.

So maybe I kill planes and get ace award. and forget about winning. stats show low win loss record cause I don't care any more about winning just 

w/b and kill %. and shooting down lots planes per game. get ace and lose the game.

I will learn to not pay much attention to win or loss just how many did I shoot down.

I try to get people to play n group help each other climb n dive on bandits but most fly off to die alone.

I think you're over-simplifying what it is to fly an Attack Aircraft. It is the most mentally challenging aircraft to fly effectively.  The attack aircraft is to World of Warplanes what the Medium Tank is to World of Tanks. 

I explain why in this video:

pappabear #26 Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

For shooting non moving targets, I have a lot of air to air markers on my GA's for some reason.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

raulv04 #27 Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I just exited a Tier V battle which we lost by supremacy, but the thing is that we had still five or six airplanes left and only one of them, an Me109-Z. I'm all about adding a tactical element to the game, it makes it more interesting, but I think that the "value", so to speak, of the ground targets needs to be toned down a bit. Thing is, we had air supremacy (five planes against one, and no GA aircraft left to do more damage), and still we lost the battle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not frustrated or anything. I mean, I had a blast in that battle and even when I was shot down by that Me109-Z, I had a very, very good time. But, indeed, the value of the ground targets needs to be toned down a bit to find a balance between air and ground supremacy. Of course, I can understand that we lost because we didn't take care of our ground targets, but it's that or taking care of our mates in the air, and that includes, of course, GA aircraft. Many GA pilots are lone wolves, they rather hide themselves in some dark corner of the map and begin blasting at ground targets. If a fighter goes there to offer assistance, I can only imagine the GAA pilot's frustration. On the other hand, I've also tried GA aircraft, and boy, they are a handful! Just trying to fly low is an art, and I admire those guys. That being said, I appreciate the role of GA aircraft in WoWP, and unless clans are formed, or you organize with your buddies in a flight in which you pilot a GA aircraft, piloting a GA aircraft is as lonely as it can get. So I understand why the high "value" of ground targets, but still, I still think it has to be lowered a bit.

BitterClinger #28 Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postraulv04, on 14 January 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

I just exited a Tier V battle which we lost by supremacy, but the thing is that we had still five or six airplanes left and only one of them, an Me109-Z. I'm all about adding a tactical element to the game, it makes it more interesting, but I think that the "value", so to speak, of the ground targets needs to be toned down a bit. Thing is, we had air supremacy (five planes against one, and no GA aircraft left to do more damage), and still we lost the battle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not frustrated or anything. I mean, I had a blast in that battle and even when I was shot down by that Me109-Z, I had a very, very good time. But, indeed, the value of the ground targets needs to be toned down a bit to find a balance between air and ground supremacy. Of course, I can understand that we lost because we didn't take care of our ground targets, but it's that or taking care of our mates in the air.

I agree with you, in principle. I don't believe the value of ground targets is the problem. I think they need to increase the impact of shooting down an air target has against enemy Supremacy. I think it needs to be bumped up just a little.

Heibges #29 Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

If they had a Demolition Mode, where instead of a Supremacy Counter, it was destroy "X" Targets to win the game, I think it might get everyone playing more as a team.

The way the ground targets are spread around every map, except for "Bay", doesn't impose any order on the game.

But even with the current Supremacy Timer, you get some nice attack/defend teamwork on "Bay" due to having two fairly well defined objective areas.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Zapperguy #30 Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostDirtyWings, on 13 January 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

IS this NOT a dogfighting game??????? Then why is the game soooo carried away with supremacy.  Its supposed to be planes against planes.. in beta this is what it was the hole time.. then we went live everything was still about dogfighting.. But now were not testing anymore and this supremacy patch come out where ground targets are the new thing to do??? I thought we were done the beta part.. WHAT HAPPEN??? and why all of a sudden this isnt about dogfighting anymore? You changed the hole game while you were in live.. beta would of been the time to test this. YES this is frustrating to me.. i play and tested this game allmost a year and there was nothing close to a change like this but now that its live you change it?.. This is no longer a dogfighter.. its just a plane game. I really think you should go back to the old way. Your losing all your regular pilots and seem to not care..

Answer to the first question: No, it is not now, nor was it ever intended to be only "a dogfighting game". It entails the aircraft involved in WWII which includes GAs. Your pretending that GAs and supremacy didn't exist prior to the last patch doesn't mean the planes weren't always there, they are now just becoming relevant.

Isn't the "hole game" what Buffalo Bill liked to play in Silence of the Lambs?

Hole: a hollow place in a solid body or surface.

Whole: all of; entire.

Thank goodness I'm not your English teacher. :teethhappy:

So, if you were to play basketball it would be all about how many baskets you could make, not trying to help your team win the game? Great unselfish attitude you have there. We know, it's all about you.

If you really think GAs are as easy as shooting non-moving targets and watching the HP counter, why not actually try to contribute to a match in one and see just how "easy" it is to rack up those points? After being abandoned by your team (who like to dogfight) you are left alone to be mercilessly shredded by the HFs of the enemy team. Seriously, before you claim how easy it is to win with GAs now, try one yourself.

If personal stats are of the utmost importance then why play a team-based MMO game when you don't care about the team? 

:facepalm:

PrettyWoods #31 Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8 battles

View Postraulv04, on 14 January 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

I just exited a Tier V battle which we lost by supremacy, but the thing is that we had still five or six airplanes left and only one of them, an Me109-Z. I'm all about adding a tactical element to the game, it makes it more interesting, but I think that the "value", so to speak, of the ground targets needs to be toned down a bit. Thing is, we had air supremacy (five planes against one, and no GA aircraft left to do more damage), and still we lost the battle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not frustrated or anything. I mean, I had a blast in that battle and even when I was shot down by that Me109-Z, I had a very, very good time. But, indeed, the value of the ground targets needs to be toned down a bit to find a balance between air and ground supremacy. Of course, I can understand that we lost because we didn't take care of our ground targets, but it's that or taking care of our mates in the air, and that includes, of course, GA aircraft. Many GA pilots are lone wolves, they rather hide themselves in some dark corner of the map and begin blasting at ground targets. If a fighter goes there to offer assistance, I can only imagine the GAA pilot's frustration. On the other hand, I've also tried GA aircraft, and boy, they are a handful! Just trying to fly low is an art, and I admire those guys. That being said, I appreciate the role of GA aircraft in WoWP, and unless clans are formed, or you organize with your buddies in a flight in which you pilot a GA aircraft, piloting a GA aircraft is as lonely as it can get. So I understand why the high "value" of ground targets, but still, I still think it has to be lowered a bit.

This is why I always encourage my team to not all focus on the one fighter they're chasing, but to start looking for the GA.

If the enemy has a large supremacy target lead, and your team has no effective ground attack capabilities, that GA will run somewhere away from your remaining targets and hide.  (Like you said, they like those dark corners).  Let's say you have 5 fighters left, the enemy has the lead, but only 1 fighter and 1 GA left.  You don't down the fighter and then start looking for the GA.  If you do that, you'll most likely lose.  You've gotta make sure the fighter is taken care of...but maybe a couple of your teammates are way too low to help.  Well, they still have plenty of altitude to look for that tree hugging GA : )

Always watch the radar.  Whenever one of your ground targets lights up, it means it 'sees' an enemy plane.  That information is vital in knowing where enemy GAs are.

raulv04 #32 Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Thanks for the advice, PrettyWoods. I know that and next time you bet i'll be more focused, but my point is not that. It's finding that balance between aerial supremacy and ground supremacy. I have a feeling that the developers scan the forums for comments from people like you and me that may help improve WoWP. :medal:

I consider this battle as an extreme that I think demonstrates that something needs to be toned down a bit or something else needs to be toned up a bit. It's a lot of trial and error, and I feel OK giving this feedback here.

Greetings.

pigeon_kicker #33 Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1600 battles
  • [SF] SF
OMFG everyone.  This game has gotten better and better over time.  If it was to stay only based on dogfighting, why the heck did they even introduce GA's.  Get you head out of you [edited]and just deal with it.  If nothing less it has given the game more flexibility,  and flight leader's have to keep on top of it.  Who said it is supposed to be easy.  Deal with it or move on to another game,  sheesh.  I personally love the changes,  I'll bet everybody that play's this game has won at least once due to ground superiority.  Go ahead and tell me you did'nt like it then.  some people really need to just hush up...  Maybe even me, but oh well, crap happens.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

raulv04 #34 Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 14 January 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

OMFG everyone.  This game has gotten better and better over time.  If it was to stay only based on dogfighting, why the heck did they even introduce GA's.  Get you head out of you [edited]and just deal with it.  If nothing less it has given the game more flexibility,  and flight leader's have to keep on top of it.  Who said it is supposed to be easy.  Deal with it or move on to another game,  sheesh.  I personally love the changes,  I'll bet everybody that play's this game has won at least once due to ground superiority.  Go ahead and tell me you did'nt like it then.  some people really need to just hush up...  Maybe even me, but oh well, crap happens.

As for the latest posts, I haven't read any complaint about the new supremacy. Rather, I've read opinions about the supremacy and what can the developers do about that. Please do remember that this game is still in its infancy and I'm sure the developers are still in a trial and error phase on this supremacy thing. If we don't give them feedback, how the heck will they know if the new modifications work or not? Of course, there will always be a hard core dogfighter that complains about the new patch and the new supremacy victories. But what the developers look for is FEEDBACK from the community to get a feeling if what they're doing is on the right or the wrong track.

PrettyWoods #35 Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8 battles

View Postraulv04, on 14 January 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice, PrettyWoods. I know that and next time you bet i'll be more focused, but my point is not that. It's finding that balance between aerial supremacy and ground supremacy. I have a feeling that the developers scan the forums for comments from people like you and me that may help improve WoWP. :medal:

I consider this battle as an extreme that I think demonstrates that something needs to be toned down a bit or something else needs to be toned up a bit. It's a lot of trial and error, and I feel OK giving this feedback here.

Greetings.

Very true.  I assumed you knew the tips I was posting, but on top of dev feedback this is a great place to share stuff for others as well.  Seeing everyone fly away from where the last GA is to focus on the one fighter that's spotted is a personal pet peeve, so I got on the soapbox for a bit : )

Wolfrum #36 Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPrettyWoods, on 14 January 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

This is why I always encourage my team to not all focus on the one fighter they're chasing, but to start looking for the GA.

If the enemy has a large supremacy target lead, and your team has no effective ground attack capabilities, that GA will run somewhere away from your remaining targets and hide.  (Like you said, they like those dark corners).  Let's say you have 5 fighters left, the enemy has the lead, but only 1 fighter and 1 GA left.  You don't down the fighter and then start looking for the GA.  If you do that, you'll most likely lose.  You've gotta make sure the fighter is taken care of...but maybe a couple of your teammates are way too low to help.  Well, they still have plenty of altitude to look for that tree hugging GA : )

Always watch the radar.  Whenever one of your ground targets lights up, it means it 'sees' an enemy plane.  That information is vital in knowing where enemy GAs are.

Good advice, now to give the opposite side of the coin to what you are saying too.

When in a fight , especially if you are an altitude fighter, don't have half the team start chasing down the GA's when the furball is just beginning. Too many times too I see more than capable teams get stuck and kill focused on a single IL. I had, in my 109, lined up behind a group and shot all 4 of them down while they tried to kill our IL2 (he said thank you which was awesome). The game gives you 30sec to communicate before it begins. This is best used (when you want to , this is only my opinion) to tell everyone what you are doing. If you are in a something that loves hugging the ground, tell your team that you are hunting GA's (if any exist). If you are in a fast but sluggish Fighter, go after the HF's.

Just make sure that you split evenly so too many of you aren't drawn low to kill the targets that can be saved for a little later on in the match.

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

Heibges #37 Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles
They should use the Planes Icons on the minimap,    This would make staying organized easier.
"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

DirtyWings #38 Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
Funny all of you are experts now... i dont care that there is a supremacy.. the timer is way too fast. its exaggerated. For all you that say this is based on war.. lets say your at war in a dogfight 5v5 your country is losing by supremacy so now both countries stop shooting at each other and go home cus 1 team is winning.. ya great idea.. lets give up and let the others win?? And none of you get it... im frustrated cus there was a time to test all this and its not right after the game goes live.. game goes live theirs not supposed to be big changes like this but hell this aint my game if they want to follow this direction good luck to them.. They went and made a test server and everyone testing it said the supremacy was too fast.. what did they do... put it on the game right away. Now that mean they hardly even thought about this before doing it..

And btw go after a GA in your fighter at beginning of game you'll lose all your energy a fighter will just come in dive on you and pwn you in 1 pass..
Kill the fighters.. if your not quick enough youll lose by supremacy.. there is no middle.. sure sometimes you get lucky and get time to finish(like i said you get lucky)
Player skill hardly has an effect on the game now..

QuickSilver_1 #39 Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpappabear, on 13 January 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

For shooting non moving targets, I have a lot of air to air markers on my GA's for some reason.

I am sure you do head on you got big guns.  not what most Ga do I love it when a Ga plane attacks the group attacking my team at the start of a game they can get kills cause the other side plane come right at them and boom big guns win head on.  I am talking about Ga just hitting ground targets and winning the game. non moving targets and HP. that it. so people who like that great! I do not.  I think it's too easy to win if the side that loses forget the GA. So if you want to win you got to get someone killing the GA planes. and then you might lose the airwar w fighters.

The Ga has HIGH HP  and rear gunners ( GA or Heavy s ) some of them have rear gunners) you take damage and you try to hit from side or angle attack to avoid the guns.

hard to do. while he is killing ground targets.  then a fighter gets on you and you have to dog fight him shoot him down then go back after the GA and try again.

or we shoot down all the bandits except 1,  A GA on the other side of the map who has been killing ground targets 4 of us vs 1 GA plane time runs out game over.

I get ace award and lose the game. it has happen.   if that the way the game is going great!!!  that's what everyone wants fine w me! I don't play that way I will shoot down as many planes as i can then hit GA, I don't care about winning anymore. I still help my team by shooting down lots of planes  we win great we lost to clock no big deal!

cause that's what it is we lose to the clock. slow the clock down and the game will be won by more air wins again. I hope the clocks gets slowed down then I might care about wins again.

till then shooting down planes.

Edited by WhiteTiger_5, 14 January 2014 - 06:46 PM.

Wolfrum #40 Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDirtyWings, on 14 January 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Funny all of you are experts now... i dont care that there is a supremacy.. the timer is way too fast. its exaggerated. For all you that say this is based on war.. lets say your at war in a dogfight 5v5 your country is losing by supremacy so now both countries stop shooting at each other and go home cus 1 team is winning.. ya great idea.. lets give up and let the others win?? And none of you get it... im frustrated cus there was a time to test all this and its not right after the game goes live.. game goes live theirs not supposed to be big changes like this but hell this aint my game if they want to follow this direction good luck to them.. They went and made a test server and everyone testing it said the supremacy was too fast.. what did they do... put it on the game right away. Now that mean they hardly even thought about this before doing it..

And btw go after a GA in your fighter at beginning of game you'll lose all your energy a fighter will just come in dive on you and pwn you in 1 pass..
Kill the fighters.. if your not quick enough youll lose by supremacy.. there is no middle.. sure sometimes you get lucky and get time to finish(like i said you get lucky)
Player skill hardly has an effect on the game now..

Now first, I've never claimed to be an expert. I am an observer.

But more importantly , it is solely up to player skill and experience to determine the priority of what they should be flying against.

If you remove the GA element from this game, you remove so many types of planes that they cannot feasibly incorporate in any other way. At the end of the day that is a bad business model, and would probably result in loss of more people in the long run. Especially those who enjoy the aspects of those planes. Perhaps they do need to tweak the rate at which it is accumulated but beyond that it works.

It works in WoT, it will work here as well. What is lacking right now is depth of experience in how to cope with it.

-Wolf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users