Jump to content


Supremacy killing wowp


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

Heh #81 Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHairlesMonkyBoy, on 20 January 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Light tanks are the most mentally challenging tanks to play in WoT. The tactics of a light tank encompass those of a medium (positioning and flanking) and then some. Not only do you have to continuously watch your mini-map for allied and enemy positions, but you have to have the quick reflexes and decision making that are required when trying to remove yourself from an unfavorable situation. Saying that a GA is the most mentally challenging aircraft to effectively fly is also quite ridiculous considering how slow-paced the decision making process is and how easy your targets are to destroy. Yes, there are some fundamentals that many GA pilots are lacking, but dog fighting with the best pilots on the server is FAR more mentally stimulating than killing mindless, motionless NPCs will ever be. I watched your video, and you did a good job hiding at the end, but the enemy team deserved the win and would have easily gotten it if they hadn't been landed with GAs that crashed into the ground like bobos.

 

tl:dr. The only reason why you were able to win that game is because the enemy GA pilots were freakin retarded.

 

Did you know that sky whales have the worst accuracy in WoWP, can't turn at all, have a long grind and can actually wreck air targets? Using them to attack air targets is like trying to play an Assault Hummel.

 

As for the hiding part, that's not a problem if it helps his team win. Screw every single thought of yours involving honor or anything; as long as it works, it's a good one in my books. It's only when one thinks of something more efficient that the method gets outdated, and your analogy is based on idiotic pseudo-honor. There's a reason why energy fighting exists, and why trench warfare exists, and why the canopy was the prime target for pilots.


Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

raulv04 #82 Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 2,457
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

View PostHairlesMonkyBoy, on 20 January 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

Light tanks are the most mentally challenging tanks to play in WoT. The tactics of a light tank encompass those of a medium (positioning and flanking) and then some. Not only do you have to continuously watch your mini-map for allied and enemy positions, but you have to have the quick reflexes and decision making that are required when trying to remove yourself from an unfavorable situation. Saying that a GA is the most mentally challenging aircraft to effectively fly is also quite ridiculous considering how slow-paced the decision making process is and how easy your targets are to destroy. Yes, there are some fundamentals that many GA pilots are lacking, but dog fighting with the best pilots on the server is FAR more mentally stimulating than killing mindless, motionless NPCs will ever be. I watched your video, and you did a good job hiding at the end, but the enemy team deserved the win and would have easily gotten it if they hadn't been landed with GAs that crashed into the ground like bobos.

 

tl:dr. The only reason why you were able to win that game is because the enemy GA pilots were freakin retarded.

It seems from your "illuminating" post that you either don't fly GA aircraft, or are not interested in flying GA aircraft or you tried it once or twice and didn't like it because you were shot down in a jiffy, and then ventured your opinion. I'm guessing you're a tanker who made the transition to flying.

 

Why I say this? Let's start with some questions. Have you ever tried to fly at an altitude of less than 100 feet from the ground? Have you ever felt that dispair when you're getting shot at and then "magically" the enemy shots quiet down because your tail gunner shot down the pursuing aircraft, and then glance down at your HP and find that you're 3/4 full? Have you ever felt that sweet satisfaction of taking down an enemy plane with a bomb? Better yet, have you ever felt that feeling of accomplishment when you point your nose upward to fire your ten guns (in a TSh-3) or rockets (in an IL-2) to a plane that's coming head on to you? The only answer is NO, you haven't (any of these). How mentally challenging is it? Very challenging. You must be aware of the terrain, be aware of the flak that's going to hit you, be aware of the aircraft who come diving at you and then position themselves on your tail to shred you to pieces, be aware of making a second pass if your guns and/or bombs and/or rockets failed to destroy your target if you're the only sky whale in the area; otherwise, go to another target and have another aircraft destroy the target. And you still say that it's ridiculous when someone claims that this is mentally challenging? You are only comparing speeds of a fighter and of a GA aircraft, but do you know why sky whales have to be slow and a fighter has to be quick and fast? I guess not. GA aircraft are relatively slow so they won't dive as quickly as a fighter and have a better chance to destroy a target in one pass. But this doesn't mean that the thought process is very slow. On the contrary, you gotta be aware of everything I mentioned above; otherwise, you won't last more than 30 seconds in a GA aircraft.



Zapperguy #83 Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • 2,820
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

View Postraulv04, on 20 January 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

It seems from your "illuminating" post that you either don't fly GA aircraft, or are not interested in flying GA aircraft or you tried it once or twice and didn't like it because you were shot down in a jiffy, and then ventured your opinion. I'm guessing you're a tanker who made the transition to flying.

 

Why I say this? Let's start with some questions. Have you ever tried to fly at an altitude of less than 100 feet from the ground? Have you ever felt that dispair when you're getting shot at and then "magically" the enemy shots quiet down because your tail gunner shot down the pursuing aircraft, and then glance down at your HP and find that you're 3/4 full? Have you ever felt that sweet satisfaction of taking down an enemy plane with a bomb? Better yet, have you ever felt that feeling of accomplishment when you point your nose upward to fire your ten guns (in a TSh-3) or rockets (in an IL-2) to a plane that's coming head on to you? The only answer is NO, you haven't (any of these). How mentally challenging is it? Very challenging. You must be aware of the terrain, be aware of the flak that's going to hit you, be aware of the aircraft who come diving at you and then position themselves on your tail to shred you to pieces, be aware of making a second pass if your guns and/or bombs and/or rockets failed to destroy your target if you're the only sky whale in the area; otherwise, go to another target and have another aircraft destroy the target. And you still say that it's ridiculous when someone claims that this is mentally challenging? You are only comparing speeds of a fighter and of a GA aircraft, but do you know why sky whales have to be slow and a fighter has to be quick and fast? I guess not. GA aircraft are relatively slow so they won't dive as quickly as a fighter and have a better chance to destroy a target in one pass. But this doesn't mean that the thought process is very slow. On the contrary, you gotta be aware of everything I mentioned above; otherwise, you won't last more than 30 seconds in a GA aircraft.


Good post +1

:honoring:



HairlesMonkyBoy #84 Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postraulv04, on 20 January 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

It seems from your "illuminating" post that you either don't fly GA aircraft, or are not interested in flying GA aircraft or you tried it once or twice and didn't like it because you were shot down in a jiffy, and then ventured your opinion. I'm guessing you're a tanker who made the transition to flying.

I don't fly GA because I find it so incredibly easy that for me it is plain boring. When i fly GA, I last until the end of the battle and am usually the last alive on my team. The thing is, I'm also usually the last alive when I'm in a fighter, and in a fighter I can still pull off a win even when I'm outnumbered 5 to 1. Can't say the same for  GA, aside from hiding like a coward of course...

 

Why I say this? Let's start with some questions. Have you ever tried to fly at an altitude of less than 100 feet from the ground?

Less than 2 meters from the water while upside down just for fun. Sometimes I like to kill the last plane on the enemy team while flying upside down for lolz. Also in an I-16 following so close to the hilly terrain that my enemies can't get a clean shot. And btw, an I-16 is a lot faster than a GA and it takes MUCH more precision and concentration to hug the terrain.

 

Have you ever felt that dispair when you're getting shot at and then "magically" the enemy shots quiet down because your tail gunner shot down the pursuing aircraft, and then glance down at your HP and find that you're 3/4 full?

Yay the NPC killed my enemy so I don't have to? But yeah. I fly heavies.

 

Have you ever felt that sweet satisfaction of taking down an enemy plane with a bomb?

Yes, in my Corsair while flying nearly vertically up a slope. The bomb hits the slope and the enemy behind you gets wasted. Pretty satisfying actually, but anyone stupid enough to fly behind a GA close to the ground deserves to get bombed.

 

Better yet, have you ever felt that feeling of accomplishment when you point your nose upward to fire your ten guns (in a TSh-3) or rockets (in an IL-2) to a plane that's coming head on to you?

Any idiot stupid enough to go head on with a GA deserves to die. There is nothing difficult about killing idiots.

 

The only answer is NO, you haven't (any of these).

Clearly wrong

 

How mentally challenging is it? Very challenging.

I think it is you who is mentally challenged.

 

You must be aware of the terrain, be aware of the flak that's going to hit you, be aware of the aircraft who come diving at you and then position themselves on your tail to shred you to pieces,

The terrain isn't going anywhere. What a GA does when there is an enemy behind it: Hope your rear-gunner can take care of it and drop some bombs. What a fighter has to do (say I'm in an F4U-1): What is my advantage against this enemy?

Rate of turn (there is a German fighter behind me): do a roll with your elevator and aileron while watching behind you at where the enemy is pointing his guns to avoid the initial volley of rounds and then slow down, open the flaps and begin a tight turn when the moment seems right.

Rate of role (there is a Japanese aircraft behind me): While watching the enemy begin to roll with your elevator and aileron until your aircraft is 180 degrees to the enemy. Then either begin a climb or lead the target toward an ally who can easily shoot him while he tries to keep up with your faster rate of roll. If he breaks off you can come around on him and shred him, but don't commit to a turn fight with it.

Air speed (there is a UK or USSR aircraft behind me): Climb and try to force the enemy into a stall, at which point, if perfectly timed, you can come around and shred it. If your boost is too depleted then agnle your nose down and use what boost you have to increase your airspeed. Lead the enemy toward ally AA or Ally aircraft.

No advantage (another F4U-1 or a German fighter without the outboard weapons): Use a combination of everything better than the enemy does in a scenario where the slightest mistake could result in a flaming death. Are you smarter than your human opponent whom is equally capable as you are at making swift logical decisions in a fast paced all or nothing environment?

 

be aware of making a second pass if your guns and/or bombs and/or rockets failed to destroy your target if you're the only sky whale in the area;

That mindless motionless NPC has no means of effectively fighting you back. Also it isn't going anywhere. 

 

otherwise, go to another target and have another aircraft destroy the target.

Big decisions... rofl It's like when I'm in my F4U-1 flying 700m over a furball and I have to decisively choose which target to or not to engage. Is there a teammate in need of assistance? Is there a fleeting target of opportunity? Should I dive and risk losing my airspeed or is my team outnumbered beyond help, in which case I should hold my ground and climb when I become targeted as to reduce the local air superiority of the enemy (since not all of them can climb up to meet me). Kill the ones who can climb and then dive down to the rest? Do I have allies nearby to fly toward if I become overwhelmed? Are there enemies nearby that may come to reinforce the ones that are already here? Oh wait, Flying a GA seems pretty simple compared with that!

 

And you still say that it's ridiculous when someone claims that this is mentally challenging?

Yes. Absolutely 100% yes. Sky Whales are designed to be easy to fly.

 

You are only comparing speeds of a fighter and of a GA aircraft, but do you know why sky whales have to be slow and a fighter has to be quick and fast? I guess not.

Sky whales are slow so that more people can have fun playing this game. Not all of us have the ability to be successful when testing our wits against other intelligent beings rather than mindless motionless NPCs. Flying a sky whale is exactly like flying any other aircraft, except that everything you do is in slow motion. It is easy and relaxing at a nice slow pace and designed to be fairly easy to accomplish and an excellent way for beginners to learn some of the basics of the game before moving on to more challenging aircraft. I enjoy more of a challenge.

 

GA aircraft are relatively slow so they won't dive as quickly as a fighter and have a better chance to destroy a target in one pass. But this doesn't mean that the thought process is very slow. On the contrary, you gotta be aware of everything I mentioned above; otherwise, you won't last more than 30 seconds in a GA aircraft.

There is nothing a GA has to do that any other aircraft doesn't also have to do but at a faster pace.

 



HairlesMonkyBoy #85 Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Not to say that some players haven't mastered the art of the GA, because it is something that certain players are VERY good at. But I just can't believe that is can be as thrilling and challenging as dog fighting with potato or Dracarys clan members.

raulv04 #86 Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 2,457
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

Really, you think that zipping through the map with guns blazing and all inverted 10 feet above the water will make you a better pilot. It is you who is mentally and tactically challenged, because first of all, you're bringing this down to a personal level. And by the way, I've never seen you around in the server. But that's another story. You know, I fly the three types of airplanes, so I know what it's like. If you don't like GA aircraft, that's fine, but attacking people and saying it's ridiculous and that I'm mentally challenged (so mentally challenged that I speak three languages, not counting my native language. See here http://forum.worldof...o-for-a-living/ ). Sir, if you want to take this to a personal level, I must say that you are a ridiculous, mentally challenged, fatuous and ludicrous person who's got tunnel vision and doesn't appreciate the art of good flying. Oh yes, presumptuous too. And then trying to "soften" your post by "admitting" that there are some good GA flyers. Either you pick your stuff and head to the remotest island in the South Pacific or show some respect to your peers.



HairlesMonkyBoy #87 Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postraulv04, on 20 January 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

Really, you think that zipping through the map with guns blazing and all inverted 10 feet above the water will make you a better pilot. It is you who is mentally and tactically challenged, because first of all, you're bringing this down to a personal level. And by the way, I've never seen you around in the server. But that's another story. You know, I fly the three types of airplanes, so I know what it's like. If you don't like GA aircraft, that's fine, but attacking people and saying it's ridiculous and that I'm mentally challenged (so mentally challenged that I speak three languages, not counting my native language. See here http://forum.worldof...o-for-a-living/ ). Sir, if you want to take this to a personal level, I must say that you are a ridiculous, mentally challenged, fatuous and ludicrous person who's got tunnel vision and doesn't appreciate the art of good flying. Oh yes, presumptuous too. And then trying to "soften" your post by "admitting" that there are some good GA flyers. Either you pick your stuff and head to the remotest island in the South Pacific or show some respect to your peers.

So in other words instead of taking what I said seriously you were too busy being irrationally emotional about a trivial topic.



raulv04 #88 Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 2,457
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

View PostHairlesMonkyBoy, on 20 January 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

So in other words instead of taking what I said seriously you were too busy being irrationally emotional about a trivial topic.

 

Now who's irrational? The guy who comes here claiming that he can zip across a map at an altitude of 10 ft :child: or the ones who are discussing the value and features and non-features of GA aircraft, as well as the pros and cons of the supermacy counter? Respect the opinions of others, otherwise, pack your bags and head to Reunion island.



HairlesMonkyBoy #89 Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postraulv04, on 20 January 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

 

Now who's irrational? The guy who comes here claiming that he can zip across a map at an altitude of 10 ft :child: or the ones who are discussing the value and features and non-features of GA aircraft, as well as the pros and cons of the supermacy counter? Respect the opinions of others, otherwise, pack your bags and head to Reunion island.

Seems a bit hypocritical. Or is this your way of respecting my opinion? I'm confused...



HairlesMonkyBoy #90 Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Also when exactly did I disrespect someones opinion? When I had an opposing opinion and proceeded to back it up with evidence? Have you even made any attempt to show me how any of my examples might be wrong? Or are you still just too emotional to engage in a logical, rational discussion?

raulv04 #91 Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 2,457
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

In case you didn't get my last response.

 

No wonder you have a reputation of -106. Pathetic. Ignored on all instances. Have a nice day.



HairlesMonkyBoy #92 Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postraulv04, on 20 January 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

In case you didn't get my last response.

 

No wonder you have a reputation of -106. Pathetic. Ignored on all instances. Have a nice day.

Unpopular opinions inspire vigorous emotional reactions from people like you. I'm still better than you so I must be doing something right and I have no qualms. See ya around, friend.

 

http://planes.noobmeter.com/player/na/HairlesMonkyBoy/1001703714/



Heh #93 Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHairlesMonkyBoy, on 20 January 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Not to say that some players haven't mastered the art of the GA, because it is something that certain players are VERY good at. But I just can't believe that is can be as thrilling and challenging as dog fighting with potato or Dracarys clan members.

 

Like I said, it's like an Assault Hummel to some extent. Hummels are usually boring since they're arty, but when you play them as TDs, you may fail hard, but you can pass with flying colors and a lot more fun. The fact that you have glorious firepower, yet cannot fight neither in the vertical nor turn makes it a lot more enjoyable when you slap Mavericks down.

 

However, since you're talking about dogfighting with Potato or Dracarys members, I don't think anything can be any more fun than that.


Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

HairlesMonkyBoy #94 Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHeh, on 21 January 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

 

Like I said, it's like an Assault Hummel to some extent. Hummels are usually boring since they're arty, but when you play them as TDs, you may fail hard, but you can pass with flying colors and a lot more fun. The fact that you have glorious firepower, yet cannot fight neither in the vertical nor turn makes it a lot more enjoyable when you slap Mavericks down.

 

However, since you're talking about dogfighting with Potato or Dracarys members, I don't think anything can be any more fun than that.

I imagine that would be quite amusing. +1






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users