Wish there were replays (I wasn't recording fraps)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

SkywhaleExpress #1 Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
LOL@ 5k ft. in my Fw57 and two enemy come at me head on, right next to each other... I drop both bombs just before I passed them... got em both.. so close I damaged myself a little.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Blikkum #2 Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
That is one of the BEST feelings I have had playing this game being able to kill a plane up in the air by going head on and pulling up and timing the bomb drop at the right time to get a kill. I also like to shoot my rockets at the ground in front of low flying GA or fighters and watching them die by the explosion cool thing is I still get Rocteteer medal for it:great:

Aurabird #3 Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3 battles
The amount of awesome moments I've had that I wish were recorded are annoying me. Every game I'm all like "I'll record this one, maybe some cool stuff will happen in this game" I die first, stupidly or by a gang bang.

I hope at least in the far future of this game (after more planes, maps and bugs are added/fixed) replays, in game recording or even kill cams are added just so I don't have to pull my hair out half the time I play this game.

Zigfreid #4 Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 14459 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
sweet one for me was in teir 4-6 game i was teir 4 LF with rockets one on one dog fight he was teir 6 almost finished him off and he decided to run could not catch him red circle faded guns over heated as he pulled away fired my rockets at him and sure enough ENEMY DESTROYED THATS ONE DOWN i was in shock than a smile came over me and remember thinking TAKE THAT and remember seeing on the screen my enemy saying [edited]LOL

Claudio67 #5 Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles
If you have a Nvidia card (650 or higher, IIRC) you can have Geforce Experience software which includes a neat recorder called Shadowplay (it's free), it can work on manual mode (somewhat like Fraps but barely noticeable impact on play) or shadow mode, you set haw many minutes want to keep (up to 20) and when you press a key it records that past time to the moment you pressed the key, like a time machine! It records mp4 format at full screen size.

BitterClinger #6 Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAlexVandross, on 11 January 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

LOL@ 5k ft. in my Fw57 and two enemy come at me head on, right next to each other... I drop both bombs just before I passed them... got em both.. so close I damaged myself a little.

Are you saying you nailed them with bombs in mid-air? Uh, WOW!

As far as your topic title, I was pining for "replays" in WoWP as well until I found out how screwed up the whole "replay" system is in WoT. It currently may or may not record a valid replay. Sometimes you just get a 100K file (or thereabouts) that the replay mechanism can't read when you try to open it.

Like Claudio suggested, the Nvidia Shadowplay recording tool is the way to go! I had serious FPS problems with FRAPS, so I would use it sparingly. Now, I record every single battle with ShadowPlay. You saw the XF4F-3 Gorovets video. If you care to revisit the actual battle footage in that video, take a look at the FPS I'm getting with ShadowPlay recording my video in the background. That's between 80 and 100 FPS on National Park with ShadowPlay. I would get between 30 and 40 when I turned on FRAPS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users