Launcher Problem

Launcher wowplauncher.exe 1.1.2 update windows cannot access

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

swbchevy #1 Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Airman Basic

• 50 battles
Upon game installation, the desktop shortcut would not work.  Found wowplauncher.exe in world of warplanes folder, also did not work.  Error states "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."  I get that error whether I try to open it or run as administrator or do anything associated with wowplauncher.exe.  I decided to skip launcher and open game application directly.  This was fine until 1.1.2 update which seems to require launcher to open in order to install.  Waiting on my ticket reply.. any suggestions besides re-installing entire game?

triptyx #2 Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Flying Llama

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA

I don't have any suggestions that don't involve manually setting permissions on the game folder, which I'd not like to suggest unless you know what you're doing.

Did you install it into Program Files, Program Files (x86), or another System based folder?  If so, that could be causing your problem.

Past that, you might want to completely delete the game folder, into the Recycle Bin and then flush the Bin and start over.  This should allow the correct user settings for the OS to be set on the game.  Make sure you put the game into a non-protected folder (I use C:\Games\World of Warplanes) so that Windoze doesn't try to "protect" it from you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users