I don't even have to try...or notice!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

NathanFlightLeader #1 Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

So I just had the strangest thing happen to me in my TSh-3 on Harbor. I spawned in the north and got down low and went for the enemy ships. I got strafed once going in but the person left me alone after that. I then started weaving in and out of the ships. I destroyed each one with one pass of my guns and didn't drop any bombs. I destroyed probably the 5th or 6th ship and checked the roster to see how many planes were left on the team. And I noticed I had two air kills!!!

I had not heard my rear gunner firing. I didn't drop any bombs and no one shot at me besides the ships AA. I have no idea how I managed to not notice two air kills, especially considering it would have showed up on the screen!! I guess I focus on the GT's too much!!

This plus the five Thunder medals in four days has proved to me that my TSh-3 is an invincible beast of a machine!!

I also wish to warn people, I never use my bombs for anything except the HQ or enemy planes so do not follow right behind me! I love all the bomb kills but it gets really depressing after a while watching everyone dive on me only to get blown out of the sky a few seconds later. Its just too easy.

Thanks for your time! 

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

wardogz12 #2 Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles

Sound glitch from the rear gunner or maybe he cranked a few rounds off and the planes crashed into the water.

Either  way grats on the kills

Current progression 13 Tier-7 in the hanger.

NathanFlightLeader #3 Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View Postwardogz12, on 09 January 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

Sound glitch from the rear gunner or maybe he cranked a few rounds off and the planes crashed into the water.

Either  way grats on the kills

Thanks. Yeah I have a lot of planes not realise how low I am and crash into the ground!! :trollface::popcorn:

The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."

PrettyWoods #4 Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

The ground crashing is most likely.  All you have to get is one hit in from your rear gunner before they crash and you get the credit.

Most people seem to get smarter about not following right behind an attack around tier 4, but I've still racked up 4 air kills in a match with bombs in tier 5.

Nihtwaco #5 Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 390 battles
  • [DSA] DSA

I get bombed every few days but I get that back flying GA and Hunting them with my Fighters. I get trapped by others making passes and blocking my escape Yo-Yo path.

Zigfreid #6 Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12397 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
same map different plane LBSH i think when the ship was hit with armor percing rounds it caught fire a low teir 3 passed to close to explosion and got destroyed . you getting two in one match has to be the four leaf clover in your wallet so now the secret is out

Toggle #7 Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4552 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The only other thing to look for is that all the GT's are registering as ground kills and not air kills.  I forgot the map(s) but I remember hearing of a bug of this sort while in beta testing.

NathanFlightLeader #8 Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostToggle, on 09 January 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

The only other thing to look for is that all the GT's are registering as ground kills and not air kills.  I forgot the map(s) but I remember hearing of a bug of this sort while in beta testing.

Wow, never heard of that before. I doubt it though because if I remember right their is only about seven ships at the south end of the map and I got six GT kills before being destroyed.

losttwo #9 Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 229 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

roflmao.....seriously Nathan you have been around awhile. You know at that level people still make rookie mistakes. What is your tailgunner's skill level. Sounds to me like he has far reach or the accuracy skill. You and I both know it makes a HUGE difference when they are skilled. So many people will dive down on you and not pull up in time and you get the credit for the kill.

At that level they still fly on your tail in the tail gunner cone of fire.

Seriously good job and I am just busting your chops.

I can remember 1 game I could have sworn I was invisible and invincible as I flew through the enemy and no one would take a shot at me. It was as if I was not even there.

I would shoot one plane after another and no one retaliated. Even flying in front of a couple of enemy and no shots fired turned and destroyed them. I think I had like 8 kills that game and not a scratch. Once in a life time opportunity perhaps.

As for GA's well I am still waiting for that one game that everything goes right. Perhaps it is time for me to drop down from the IL-2(t) and go back to the TSH series for more training.

NathanFlightLeader #10 Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 09 January 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

roflmao.....seriously Nathan you have been around awhile. You know at that level people still make rookie mistakes. What is your tailgunner's skill level. Sounds to me like he has far reach or the accuracy skill. You and I both know it makes a HUGE difference when they are skilled. So many people will dive down on you and not pull up in time and you get the credit for the kill.

At that level they still fly on your tail in the tail gunner cone of fire.

Seriously good job and I am just busting your chops.

I can remember 1 game I could have sworn I was invisible and invincible as I flew through the enemy and no one would take a shot at me. It was as if I was not even there.

I would shoot one plane after another and no one retaliated. Even flying in front of a couple of enemy and no shots fired turned and destroyed them. I think I had like 8 kills that game and not a scratch. Once in a life time opportunity perhaps.

As for GA's well I am still waiting for that one game that everything goes right. Perhaps it is time for me to drop down from the IL-2(t) and go back to the TSH series for more training.

My tail gunner is at 71% in his first skill which is Increased View Range. But yeah they do make mistakes at that tier. I just had a tier 2-3 match in my TSh-3 and ended up being the last guy alive against 3 AGO's and I already had 2 air kills and 12 ground kills. I quickly got the last 3 GT's for the Thunder medal. Then one AGO shows up and goes head on. I kill him and barely lose any HP. Then the second shows up and does the same thing. I was sceptical about going after the third as he was at full HP and I had less then half but we one by supremacy. I just can't believe the amount of mistakes everyone makes at that level. But I can't be bothered going into the higher tiers until the population increases up their, not to mention the fact that you get barely any XP and its taking ages to get my IL-2.

Edited by NathanFlightLeader, 09 January 2014 - 11:23 AM.

losttwo #11 Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 229 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

About a month ago. I remember flying my Ao-192 and dominating the game, we even had supremacy the last ones left was me and a well known great Pegasus pilot. I was one kill away from number 9 and the choice was mine as I was high above and unreachable. Do i go for the last kill or win the game by supremacy. Greed took over and I wanted to show off more.

I dove down and took half his hit points and went back up, still untouchable. I dove a second time and crashed into the ground. loosing the game with 8 kills and 4 ground targets.

Even the seasoned pilots can make a mistake.

SkywhaleExpress #12 Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
LOL lost two, even we WoWP CBT veterans make lawn darts and marko Polos... We just do it in style

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

losttwo #13 Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 229 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

and grace

PrettyWoods #14 Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 09 January 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

View Postlosttwo, on 09 January 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

About a month ago. I remember flying my Ao-192 and dominating the game, we even had supremacy the last ones left was me and a well known great Pegasus pilot. I was one kill away from number 9 and the choice was mine as I was high above and unreachable. Do i go for the last kill or win the game by supremacy. Greed took over and I wanted to show off more.

I dove down and took half his hit points and went back up, still untouchable. I dove a second time and crashed into the ground. loosing the game with 8 kills and 4 ground targets.

Even the seasoned pilots can make a mistake.

Had one of those games last night.  I like goofing off in my Hawk 75M after leveling my higher tier games.  Up til then I'd been stuck at 8 kills max...just couldn't seem to push over to 9 on any plane.  Then everything just came together...dove on my first enemy and ended up having a smooth transition in almost a straight line to the next 4 targets.  It's like people were just presenting themselves to me for a kill.

Ended up sitting at 8 air kills, over half health, 3 enemies left, decided to go for it and managed to get the 3 remaining kills.  Almost did the same thing you did though...last target was a GA.  Ended up doing a second approach at a lesser angle just to make sure I didn't crash.

Not sure if I'll even think about trying for the 13 kill medal...more than happy knowing I had a double digit match and getting the occasional ace : )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users