• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

FryaDuck #1 Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Squadron Leader Knucklehead

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

I won't name names but here is a classic from support;

Block Quote

Many times we have seen issues with ATI & NVIDIA graphics drivers not uninstalling correctly when you update them to the newest version. In these cases, we must go through a manual re-installation of the drivers. Please follow these steps:

1) Download and install the updated drivers: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
2) When installing drivers, choose the 'Custom' section instead of standard, then click the box at the bottom that says Clean install.
3) When the option appears, select 'Clean install'.
Note: This will remove your current driver and ask you to restart. 
4) Upon restart the driver install will begin, once finished, it will ask you once more to restart.
5) Start and play World of Tanks.

After this procedure, your graphical drivers should be installed correctly and you may see an improvement for your issue.

If the issue persists, please take some screenshots of your issue and attach them to your reply. You can take a screenshot by pressing the prt scr or print screen button (on your keyboard, normally above the delete key) while in the game client. 

Screenshots will show up in:
C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\Pictures\World of Warplanes

and my response;

Block Quote

I always maintain a unicum systems maintenance procedure which I learnt over 30 years ago with my Ti16 system. You can imagine how many times in that period I've installed and uninstalled many drivers and operating systems. This does mean every operating system Microsoft has produced up to Win 8.

I can understand the pressures you are under but I fail to see how a screen shot from World of Tanks will appear in the directory for World of Warplanes screen shots. Unless, of course, there is a severe programming issue.

Thanks for the chuckle.

:amazed: 

Oderint, dum metuant, tunc ad infernum - Let them hate as long as they fear then go to hell
1st AlphaAce IL-2 (t)(Air)

wardogz12 #2 Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles
:veryhappy:

Current progression 13 Tier-7 in the hanger.

losttwo #3 Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 174 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
not enough coffee, obviously

GeorgePatton #4 Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 133 battles

That's what happens when you have support doubling between two games. :D We love you Tzar_Ivan!!!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Gary_62 #5 Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
  • [-D_D-] -D_D-
I have gotten the same message except for the World of Warplanes part. What leaves me scratching my head is why do they tell you to start and play World of Tanks when your trying to play World of Warplanes? lol :trollface:
" REMEMBER no mater were you go there you are" (pig killer from Mad Max beyond Thunder Dome)

Heh #6 Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Guy must have been pulling all-nighters too much.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

WEBEUS #7 Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29 battles

"I always maintain a unicum systems maintenance procedure which I learnt over 30 years ago with my Ti16 system. You can imagine how many times in that period I've installed and uninstalled many drivers and operating systems. This does mean every operating system Microsoft has produced up to Win 8."

Are you refering to the TI99/4A? The first home computer with a 16bit cpu. Unfortunately it was dumbed down because the bus was only 8bit. Great little machine. (I worked for TI at the time...so I am a bit biased)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users