The IL-2 with rear gunner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

dagengster #1 Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Was considering buying this plane for credit farming.

Any opinion reviews and etc about this plane?

Should I wait other prems?

Is it good at killing ground targets?

How are the missiles (havent had a plane that has missle yet, excited to use them)?

Hows the credit income?

Hanger: [Ha 137 V-1 : Bf 109 B : Bf 109 F : Spitfire V DB : Me 410] [I-15 Bis DM-2 : I-15 (Late) : LaGG-3 : IL-2 Two Seat : LBSh] [XF4F-3 ] [Mustang 1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soviet Attack aircrafts = Flying tanks

"I will poop bombs and missiles at your HQ"

WEBEUS #2 Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I just bought mine several days ago and am enjoying it. it's a different kind of flying than fighters and takes a bit to get use to. I really don't keep track of the stats, but it seems to be a pretty good money maker. I load mine up with API ammo and the upgraded 30mm stuff. Actually got 2 fighter kills the other day as well as ground targets. I think it's the way to go if you don't want to grind the Russian line.

losttwo #3 Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Here are a couple of links for you to look through and make your own decision. I for one am going up the IL line by choice, I enjoy the attack aircraft and I think everyone should use them.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/25610-i-am-really-liking-the-il-2t/

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/12743-tier-vi-il-2-t/

dagengster #4 Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 07 January 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Here are a couple of links for you to look through and make your own decision. I for one am going up the IL line by choice, I enjoy the attack aircraft and I think everyone should use them.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/25610-i-am-really-liking-the-il-2t/

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/12743-tier-vi-il-2-t/

Holly crap, one of those guys got 22 ground kills in 1 game. DAM

Im also going up the il line, im on Ilyushin BSh-2. Pretty fun. Love the huge amount of HP.

Note: This thread is about the IL-2 with rear gunner (aka, IL-2 mod) the premium T5 attack plane

Edited by dagengster, 07 January 2014 - 01:43 PM.

Hanger: [Ha 137 V-1 : Bf 109 B : Bf 109 F : Spitfire V DB : Me 410] [I-15 Bis DM-2 : I-15 (Late) : LaGG-3 : IL-2 Two Seat : LBSh] [XF4F-3 ] [Mustang 1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soviet Attack aircrafts = Flying tanks

"I will poop bombs and missiles at your HQ"

FryaDuck #5 Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Squadron Leader Knucklehead

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

I make 15-20k per game in the Pegasus (and many surprised air kills normally called hacks) because the new players don't know that the Pegasus has a nice accurate 12.7mm HMG and 9 rockets. I also make 30-40k per game in the Me210.

Premiums make money when flown properly.

Oderint, dum metuant, tunc ad infernum - Let them hate as long as they fear then go to hell
1st AlphaAce IL-2 (t)(Air)

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

the il-2t is a shredder! Be it ground targets or air targets,a few short bursts takes care of them all! A typical moderate run will get you about 1000 xp and 20,000 gold.The zoom and boomers are on to us now though so best advice in the il is fly low,as low as possible without crashing and if you make it to target city un noticed you can farm every single target in view for buko points.

Think of it as a tsh-3 on steroids and coke! You will kill anything in your sights in seconds and for defence you allways have 30 seconds boost and bombs and rockets

.Got rocketeer #113 last night in my il-t2

100 of them on my pegasus! 

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 07 January 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Cpt_ZigZag #7 Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [TEE] TEE
Premiums are worth the $$ in the long run.  They will pay for themselves. 

Pack your own chute. 

ETcowboy #8 Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

I have been using the IL2 and the IL8 for a while . I like the GA aircraft and either one will kill ground targets a lot better than the earlier GA craft. I had a IL20 with upgraded cannon but didn't really like it .  The big guns seemed to overheat too easy and it is expensive to fly. I ended up selling it . Maybe another pilot would do better with it if he took the time to learn the ins and outs of flying it.

raulv04 #9 Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

I bought the IL-2 with rear gunner today, and maxed it out with bombs and rockets. It has a nice 715 HP stat, so actually the AA will only tickle you. It is a wonder to fly and my mates call the IL-2 line "the tanks". I still have to get used to it, of course, but you can get a nice amount of credits and XP every time you fly, which is useful when developing other aircraft. The rear gunner is some defense and in the four or five battles I entered with it, I managed to destroy one aircraft with the rear gunner. However, you have to upgrade it to get the rockets and the bombs. Its firepower is very low, even with high explosive shells. If you combine the machine guns with a rocket or two, you can take down any ground target.

Also, if you want to progress a little faster, get a premium account. It will give you 50% more credits and XP. That's the ideal combination to get more credits and XP, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users