Spitfire Mk.IIa 312 Sqdn 'Czech' skin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Because of my Czech heritage I wanted to do a Spitfire from 312 Sqdn since before WG added the Spitfires to WoWP. It took me a while to find an earlier mark with enough information to paint. Recently I selected the plane I wanted to repaint for this.

Please note, I moved the Czech national emblem forward to accommodate the games frag markings, this also necessitated moving the planes name down slightly.

After escaping from Czechoslovakia Tomas (A.K.A. Adolphe) Vybiral joined the French Air Force. Here he is credited with 7 victories while flying a Curtiss Hawk 75 during the Battle of France. He left France for England and joined No. 312 Squadron known as the “Czech” Squadron. At first he flew Hurricanes and then his aircraft became a Spitfire Mk.IIa P8081 named “Garfield Weston IV”. Garfield Weston was a Canadian philanthropist who became the head of the Weston Food Group as well as a member of the British Parliament. Among his many financial gifts he donated £100,000 to the Spitfire Fund. Vybiral later commanded 312 Squadron. The 312 Squadron was disbanded in 1946.

Available on my SkyDrive at: https://skydrive.liv...47E8D5705!105   File name: Vybiral.zip  It replaces the default Winter camoflage.

Included with this plane is a set of files to change the British Frag markings to black and white crosses.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

gybob #2 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 180 battles

It's awesome that you do all these skins and provide them free of charge, thanks much.

I do have a question since I haven't modded games before. Your instructions always say to replace the original paths.xml file with the one that comes with the skin. What if I want more than 1 skin, will the 1 new paths.xml file still work and I only need to put in the files from the res mods folder?

Thanks.

hawkeyededic #3 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Thank You, I enjoy painting and sharing these as much as I enjoy playing the game.

You only need to replace the paths xml file one time, all my skins have a copy of the same paths file I use in my installation. I include it with all my files so that if someone wants to use a skin that has not installed any mods before they will not need to download any additional files, it is all included.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users