Contest Ideas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

tadaaah #1 Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Please feel free to suggest fun contest here. Please keep in mind the forums are 13+ friendly. Thanks!

ePepper #2 Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LINCN] LINCN

A drawing contest based off a plane the community team picks each week or month?

Tufton #3 Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [1RPD] 1RPD
Design a plane skin/paint/camo/emblem/nose art that will be put into the game at some point.  I think that would be pretty popular.  Alternately....comic contest?

EDIT:  Ooh, or a wallpaper contest.  Original World of Warplane themed computer wallpapers would be pretty fun to do and you guys could also include them on the wargaming site for promo purposes and stuff.

Edited by Tufton, 30 December 2013 - 07:35 PM.

"Doesn't matter I guess when you've already tried, convicted, and sentenced them in your own mind."
Tufton: Judge, Jury, Executioner.

dagengster #4 Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I really wish the WOT forums did these fun art competitions too. They did before... but they've stopped... :sad:

One things sure, WOWP forums are defiantly better than WOTs

Hanger: [Ha 137 V-1 : Bf 109 B : Bf 109 F : Spitfire V DB : Me 410] [I-15 Bis DM-2 : I-15 (Late) : LaGG-3 : IL-2 Two Seat : LBSh] [XF4F-3 ] [Mustang 1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soviet Attack aircrafts = Flying tanks

"I will poop bombs and missiles at your HQ"

ePepper #5 Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LINCN] LINCN

T-Shirt Design Contest?
Who doesn't like a nice T-Shirt design contest... :biggrin:

corps3runn3r #6 Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Models of planes, Lots of people build them that play this and WoT so some sort of contest seems natural...

"If your death left a crater, you died well"

FlakValleyExpress #7 Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

Here are some of my contest ideas. These are to nudge the contest idea forward in greater brains than I.

• The simplest contest is a coloring book contest. 
  • I always like hunting the WG staff.
  • The caption contests are always fun. 
  • How about a cartoon contest (3 panels)?  Although I am not sure if that idea would be popular.  
  • Song or video parodies?  
  • Trivia contests?  First one to PM a response wins.
  • 200 word essay contest on WoWP notable that the WoWP player admires, like a Bio clip. You can build your Wikipedia profiles from the essays.
  • Best suggestion contest for WoWP
  • Cooking contest - (cookies) create cookies like planes and decorate them. Then photograph them for submissions.
  • Tactical order contest – Create a one page HQ tactical order for your pilots to carry out a mission. Be it real or surreal.
  • Shoot the most destroyed planes down in a week
  • Shoot the most destroyed ground targets in a week
  • Shoot the most destroyed planes down in a hour
  • Shoot the most destroyed ground targets in a hour
  • The most assists in a week
  • The most assists in an hour
  • WoWP Haiku contest
  • Wildest “There I was..” essay contest
  • The most boring “There I was..” essay contest
  • Match “the plane to the equipment photo contest” Such as does this air scoop belongs to what fighter? You would match numbers to letters, such as 1G, 2D, 3B, 4F, etc.
  • Planes in Jell-O photo contest like planes and decorate them. Then photograph them for submission.
  • Poetry essay contest for praising or otherwise any WoWP aircraft
  • Landmark photo contest – the WoWP planes flying around or at base at a notable world landmark like the Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore, The Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, etc. Let creativity be your guide.
  • Attack of the Giant Monsters contest – Have your WoWP aircraft attacking King Kong, Godzilla, Mothra, etc. in a photo contest.
  • WoWP doodle contest – doodle off of a basic picture of a make believe WG memo that is picked by WG staffer. Your entry would be based off the memo as if you were in the staff meeting.
  • Invent a new WoWP word definition – For example,

Airramvocation

– Noun –

1.  A hobby profession by some WoWP pilots that think they can fly, but all they can do is ramming either friendly or enemy aircraft in matches.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero 

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

ePepper #8 Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LINCN] LINCN

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 30 December 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Here are some of my contest ideas. These are to nudge the contest idea forward in greater brains than I.

• The simplest contest is a coloring book contest. 
  • I always like hunting the WG staff.
  • The caption contests are always fun. 
  • How about a cartoon contest (3 panels)?  Although I am not sure if that idea would be popular.  
  • Song or video parodies?  
  • Trivia contests?  First one to PM a response wins.
  • 200 word essay contest on WoWP notable that the WoWP player admires, like a Bio clip. You can build your Wikipedia profiles from the essays.
  • Best suggestion contest for WoWP
  • Cooking contest - (cookies) create cookies like planes and decorate them. Then photograph them for submissions.
  • Tactical order contest – Create a one page HQ tactical order for your pilots to carry out a mission. Be it real or surreal.
  • Shoot the most destroyed planes down in a week
  • Shoot the most destroyed ground targets in a week
  • Shoot the most destroyed planes down in a hour
  • Shoot the most destroyed ground targets in a hour
  • The most assists in a week
  • The most assists in an hour
  • WoWP Haiku contest
  • Wildest “There I was..” essay contest
  • The most boring “There I was..” essay contest
  • Match “the plane to the equipment photo contest” Such as does this air scoop belongs to what fighter? You would match numbers to letters, such as 1G, 2D, 3B, 4F, etc.
  • Planes in Jell-O photo contest like planes and decorate them. Then photograph them for submission.
  • Poetry essay contest for praising or otherwise any WoWP aircraft
  • Landmark photo contest – the WoWP planes flying around or at base at a notable world landmark like the Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore, The Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, etc. Let creativity be your guide.
  • Attack of the Giant Monsters contest – Have your WoWP aircraft attacking King Kong, Godzilla, Mothra, etc. in a photo contest.
  • WoWP doodle contest – doodle off of a basic picture of a make believe WG memo that is picked by WG staffer. Your entry would be based off the memo as if you were in the staff meeting.
  • Invent a new WoWP word definition – For example,

Airramvocation

– Noun –

1.  A hobby profession by some WoWP pilots that think they can fly, but all they can do is ramming either friendly or enemy aircraft in matches.

Talk about, contest Ideas, goodness. Some very interesting ones in there, a cartoon contest would be amazing.

tadaaah #9 Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Awesome ideas! Some of these we've been thinking about as well. Wanted to make sure the community wanted them as well.

_Laserguided_ #10 Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

The Follow the Leader Contest was building a very loyal following, yet the last two (7 and 8) have not been promoted in the NA server.  FTL 7 was mentioned in the NA Portal, but no thread was attached,  and do far,  FTL 8 was only mentioned on the EU Portal. Many here have done the latest one, but are not even sure if our submissions will be accepted. I understand that the Follow the Leader isn't operated by the NA group, but is there something you folks can do to see we keep this one going?

I think the already above mentioned ideas are great!

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

SkywhaleExpress #11 Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post_Laserguided_, on 30 December 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

The Follow the Leader Contest was building a very loyal following, yet the last two (7 and 8) have not been promoted in the NA server.  FTL 7 was mentioned in the NA Portal, but no thread was attached,  and do far,  FTL 8 was only mentioned on the EU Portal. Many here have done the latest one, but are not even sure if our submissions will be accepted. I understand that the Follow the Leader isn't operated by the NA group, but is there something you folks can do to see we keep this one going?

I think the already above mentioned ideas are great!

Heck.. FTL 6 still doesn't have an answer if they will include the 20th submission. On the forum, that would go to truemush... unless I submitted my email first, then it would be me.

I already mentioned that it's always an EU/RU player whose video is submitted for the stunt.. even when some of us have challenges that are much more unique.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

husband #12 Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1553 battles

Costume contest - best vintage get up or cosplay with an era theme to it including long scarf, goggles, flying jacket  and (if applicable) outrageous moustache

I only have the goggles, but it sure would be fun (and funny) to see people in these get-ups. 

SkywhaleExpress #13 Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Also, @LaserGudied...

I sent a PM to a red name about the FTL stuff. I am awaiting a response. Perhaps we're no longer involved with it on NA region. We all know we don't get the same kind of treatment in these kind of non-artsy contests.

However, they have been pretty good to us in terms of the art/craft style contests.

Problem is, however, not everyone is talented/knowledgeable enough to utilize a decent photshop/GiMP program, or crafty enough to make a homemade design.

SUGGESTED:

We need to be included equally in the non-arts type contests. Or, at least give us a tangible contest, like the get airborne one, where multiple winners for the following:

1. Air kills, top 10 air killers tier 4

2. Ground kills: top 10 ground pounders per tier 4.

3. Repeat 1/2 for tier 5.

When we did that one, we had a surge of tier 4/5 players, and many people were happy to partake, because they don't have to be the #1-50 pilot on noobmeter, and they don't have to be that artsy.

MIA - pappabear

SkywhaleExpress #14 Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Update: I am in talks to find out just how long our FTL events last. FTL 6 stopped taking submissions within 36 hours, even though there were only 19 players listed out of 20.

I'll update as to whether they're going to be more clear and concise on the dates of entry. I thought we had two weeks to do these... but lately they don't seem to be taking the submissions beyond 24-36 hours or so.  FTL 6 was posted on 11/25/13, and FTL 7's video was on 12/8/13, two weeks later. I highly doubt they could have not counted a 20th person's submission.

Update:

I got an answer that I feel is quite satisfactory! While they will not go back and retroactively add the 20th spot on FTL6, they are trying to work with the office that runs FTL, and find out what all will cause an entry to not be counted, such as editing, timeframe in reporting it, adding our own unique maneuvers into the successful entry, etc.

Sometimes, all we gotta do is send a respectful PM, and we get a good response. Good luck on the future entries guys.

Edited by AlexVandross, 31 December 2013 - 01:22 AM.

MIA - pappabear

Foinix1967 #15 Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

What happened to the sky-writing contest?

It was the only contest where anyone could win some gold.

losttwo #16 Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13712 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
here is one suggested by PrettyWoods. It sounds like a good one if we can come up wit ha few tweaks for it.http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/25901-recruitment-contest-ideas-needed/page__fromsearch__1

_Laserguided_ #17 Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
Have more winners per contest... Spread 35K of gold to five winners, not just three.   I believe more chances of winning will bring about more entries than more gold.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

_Laserguided_ #18 Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

Another thought.

Standardize the rules for the contests.

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

JDMFreakz #19 Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles

design your own plane between 1935-1960 time frame?

no 2-5th gen jet or even spaceships please, lol

Scryer117 #20 Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostJDMFreakz, on 04 January 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

design your own plane between 1935-1960 time frame?

no 2-5th gen jet or even spaceships please, lol

^^ this, we could have the first of these design your plane contest as the US? since this is the NA server.. perhaps a fighter?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users