Toxic WoT and "you guys"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

GiN_nTonic #21 Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Funny, when I read this thread it reminded me the focus is to have fun.  The problem with this game is that I know whats next - being judged based upon your win rate.  Not being allowed to play in certain clans or groups based on your win rate etc.  Having other players judge you from the onset based on your win rate. 

In WoT I lived with that standard, and as frustrating as it was, I kept my win rate up and focused on pulling my team thru what I needed on a constant basis.  In WoWP that ability isn't the same - due to the nature of battles and how few players there are to do proper MM.  Being good and playing good does little to win on your own, and those who lose also end up paying more in game maintenance.

Ive never had this problem with other online games with similar content in part because the win rate wasn't the focus.  In Wargaming products they have made it the focus - even the owner coming on to do a youtube video wishing everyone a 60% year for his new-years video.  The fact is the win rate issue drove me away from this game even though I was having fun apart from that issue.  I cant do much to control win/loss in this game and I know later that is exactly how I will be judged.

My point is that I might be a "toxic" WoT player, but its because Wargaming made me that way.

Edited by GiNnTonic, 16 January 2014 - 05:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users