I am really liking the IL-2(t)

IL-2(t)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• 41 battles

I don't know how the higher tier IL GAA play from the Soviet Tree, but after playing the earlier GAAs I can see results with the IL-2(t). I still don't know if this is a perfect plane for its tier, however when I fly it, I get great enjoyment in doing so.

Here's a couple of flight results:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

11thACRColdsteel #2 Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [11_TH] 11_TH
I am a long time GA pilot as well.  The IL-2(t) is a favorite of mine.  It is an old friend.  Although the effectiveness of the rear gunner has been heavily nerfed it seems, it is a very enjoyable, and good scoring aircraft.  For new GA pilots - make sure you load the add-on armor plating and the reinforced covering, use the high camo paint schemes, and load the high end ammo with incendiary capability.  Fly that beast close to the ground, use the terrain.  If attacked, kick your tail right and left to let your rear gunner work on the pursuing aircraft.   Last, but not least, don't forget your brakes are a weapon.  I will duck around or over terrain then throttle back to 0%, put the flaps out full, and the pursuing aircraft almost always overshoots.

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Captain

• 41 battles

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on 24 December 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Last, but not least, don't forget your brakes are a weapon.  I will duck around or over terrain then throttle back to 0%, put the flaps out full, and the pursuing aircraft almost always overshoots.

Wow. Good to know thank you for that tip.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Zapperguy #4 Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on 24 December 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

I am a long time GA pilot as well.  The IL-2(t) is a favorite of mine.  It is an old friend.  Although the effectiveness of the rear gunner has been heavily nerfed it seems, it is a very enjoyable, and good scoring aircraft.  For new GA pilots - make sure you load the add-on armor plating and the reinforced covering, use the high camo paint schemes, and load the high end ammo with incendiary capability.  Fly that beast close to the ground, use the terrain.  If attacked, kick your tail right and left to let your rear gunner work on the pursuing aircraft.   Last, but not least, don't forget your brakes are a weapon.  I will duck around or over terrain then throttle back to 0%, put the flaps out full, and the pursuing aircraft almost always overshoots.

All this but, he left out the best part of flying GAs: Bomb Kills! Load the 4x100kg bombs, fly close to the deck, and save your bombs for tailing enemy planes. As ColdSteel describes, draw your enemy in closer by braking, waggling back and forth, or turning toward them if they are attacking you from the side. Stay low, get them within 500-700ft, and lay your egg and accelerate out of there - BOOM! It takes a lot of practice, but once you find the right distance... You'll forget about GTs and be bomb hunting planes. :veryhappy: I've taken out the last 3 greedy fighters with a single bomb and won the match in my IL-2(t). If I had wasted them all on light GTs I couldn't be bothered to shoot at, then I would have been toast quickly with no real rear defenses.

As you approach GTs, you can drop back on the throttle almost to stall speed to allow more time for your guns to work. Most GTs will die in 1 slow pass with upgraded guns and ammo and maybe a single rocket. Don't dump several rockets into a single GT (other than HQ) as your guns can finish them off. Rockets are quite handy weapons against other planes too once you find that magic distance. I recommend clearing the surrounding AA before going right after the HQ. Then if the enemy aren't pouncing on you yet, you can kill the HQ with your guns if you like without getting shot at. (Save those bombs).

Here's an example of what you can do in this plane:

shot_153.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_155.jpg   91.32K
  • Attached File   shot_138.jpg   65.25K

11thACRColdsteel #5 Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [11_TH] 11_TH

View PostZapperguy, on 24 December 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

All this but, he left out the best part of flying GAs: Bomb Kills! Load the 4x100kg bombs, fly close to the deck, and save your bombs for tailing enemy planes. As ColdSteel describes, draw your enemy in closer by braking, waggling back and forth, or turning toward them if they are attacking you from the side. Stay low, get them within 500-700ft, and lay your egg and accelerate out of there - BOOM! It takes a lot of practice, but once you find the right distance... You'll forget about GTs and be bomb hunting planes. :veryhappy: I've taken out the last 3 greedy fighters with a single bomb and won the match in my IL-2(t). If I had wasted them all on light GTs I couldn't be bothered to shoot at, then I would have been toast quickly with no real rear defenses.

As you approach GTs, you can drop back on the throttle almost to stall speed to allow more time for your guns to work. Most GTs will die in 1 slow pass with upgraded guns and ammo and maybe a single rocket. Don't dump several rockets into a single GT (other than HQ) as your guns can finish them off. Rockets are quite handy weapons against other planes too once you find that magic distance. I recommend clearing the surrounding AA before going right after the HQ. Then if the enemy aren't pouncing on you yet, you can kill the HQ with your guns if you like without getting shot at. (Save those bombs).

Here's an example of what you can do in this plane:

shot_153.jpg

Excellent techniques described by Zapper.  I will add a few more options:   In the mid-tier GA's I often go right for the enemy HQ to take down the effectiveness of their AA early.   I use a route that is not under the popular areas for fighters to use, although as direct as possible.   I like to use valleys and draws to fly in.   I rarely go around the edges of the map to get an enemy HQ because by the time you get there it's probably too late to effect the battle.    I fly real low to the ground - usually between 100-150 ft, this seems to help my camo.  It is surprising how often you can go right under high and mid altitude fighters.  About 4,000 ft out from the target I pop up to 500 ft, go into a shallow dive, put the brakes on exactly as zapper described, and then take the target down with one rocket and cannon/gun fire and/or a bomb or two.  If the target is a HQ, I use guns on the way in and then 2 or 3 bombs, saving 1 or 2 bombs.

pday1904 #6 Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I love the il2t!!!!!!!!!!!!! its my favorite plane of all of them. 

pyantoryng #7 Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

It is bomb kill that make GA's last stands turn out profitable...

GA pilot that never give up gives enemies repair bill back to their garage along with his own...or even foil someone's epic achievement.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 490 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Post11thACRColdsteel, on 24 December 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Excellent techniques described by Zapper.  I will add a few more options:   In the mid-tier GA's I often go right for the enemy HQ to take down the effectiveness of their AA early.   I use a route that is not under the popular areas for fighters to use, although as direct as possible.   I like to use valleys and draws to fly in.   I rarely go around the edges of the map to get an enemy HQ because by the time you get there it's probably too late to effect the battle.    I fly real low to the ground - usually between 100-150 ft, this seems to help my camo.  It is surprising how often you can go right under high and mid altitude fighters.  About 4,000 ft out from the target I pop up to 500 ft, go into a shallow dive, put the brakes on exactly as zapper described, and then take the target down with one rocket and cannon/gun fire and/or a bomb or two.  If the target is a HQ, I use guns on the way in and then 2 or 3 bombs, saving 1 or 2 bombs.

I fly about 5 meters and ya,the heavies in the upper stratosphere cant see you.Your giving away all our secrets! Now they will be hunting us at low level. Nice to pop up at enemy HQ though by yourself,then it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

pyantoryng #9 Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 25 December 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

I fly about 5 meters and ya,the heavies in the upper stratosphere cant see you.Your giving away all our secrets! Now they will be hunting us at low level. Nice to pop up at enemy HQ though by yourself,then it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

As heavy fighters are stuck at low level hunting for food friendly fighters wouldn't have to follow them all the way up to stratosphere and kill them down in the realm of low...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

woofman34 #10 Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 24 December 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

I don't know how the higher tier IL GAA play from the Soviet Tree, but after playing the earlier GAAs I can see results with the IL-2(t). I still don't know if this is a perfect plane for its tier, however when I fly it, I get great enjoyment in doing so.

Here's a couple of flight results:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have so much fun on the IL's from killing ground targets or just simply going to 5to7 thousand feet and finding a bee hive to launch my rockets into (caution friendly's may get hurt) but fun none the less , If I see 3 or 4 IL's on our team its time to hit the skies and dog fight  LOL goodluck with the GAA , I played them on Closed test server all the way up to 10 and they just get better (and much faster) One thing that has proved on taking targets is keep your speed up don't turn back for a kill till you have 4 or 5 targets then turn back a clean up. Speed kills gets the thunder. defend your self if someone is approaching don't wait to get hit anticipate it , Taking someone down with a rocket is an awesome feeling ! If they are dumb enough to get in front of you lol well lets just say Good bye because your guns can rip through any thing (just about) Have fun !

BOA_TG_CO #11 Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [B-O-A] B-O-A
if you like the il-2t, just wait til you plant your tail in an il-10  !!!!!  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users