• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

Captain

• 64 battles

Block Quote

Rules in Brief

• All four tutorials must be completed within the timeframe provided
  • Even if you have already completed the first three in the past, you must re-play all of them again within the sweepstakes timeframe
  • Multiple completions of Training lessons will not result in additional entries
  • Winners will be chosen at random

I have seen some comments in chat and in posts where pilots are saying they are not eligible for this sweepstake. Nonsense, everyone this is for old and new pilots alike. If I understand the rules correctly, all you have to do is fly the tutorials. Its that simple. I want to make sure everyone understands this fact.

Edit: can't find the forum post, but two pilots (same ?) was commenting on this in the matches last night.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 20 December 2013 - 11:27 AM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Sandman1969 #2 Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 34 battles
Some players here are not in NA though. THAT is what they may be referring to.

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

View PostSandman1969, on 20 December 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Some players here are not in NA though. THAT is what they may be referring to.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are these roaming players? I thought once you on the NA WoWP server you are OK for the NA WoWP contests.

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

bobbhimself #4 Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 302 battles
Those are the rules in brief. Read the full rules, and it states you must live in the US.

FlakValleyExpress #5 Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

View Postbobbhimself, on 20 December 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

Those are the rules in brief. Read the full rules, and it states you must live in the US.

Block Quote

Alienware Aurora Sweepstakes Contest Rules:

THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS (1) WHO ARE RESIDENTS OF NORTH AMERICA AND CANADA

I can read too :trollface: My assumption was that the anyone logged into the NA_cluster was eligible. I forgot that there maybe players living outside the US and Canada who would be playing on the NA_cluster.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 20 December 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Vae victis

Zapperguy #6 Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
Has anyone successfully entered this contest? It claims both new and old players are eligible, but I can't find anywhere to actually enter - just a bunch of circuitous links.:sceptic:

Heh #7 Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 20 December 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Are these roaming players? I thought once you on the NA WoWP server you are OK for the NA WoWP contests.

Well NA WG employees don't want to get a headache sending their packages to the UK, Maghreb, South America, Asia, etc. Not due to racism, it's due to how far they are. So they're limiting themselves to Murica and Canada, just for the sake of narrowing down and perhaps economical reasons.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

triptyx #8 Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Flying Llama

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA

View PostZapperguy, on 20 December 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Has anyone successfully entered this contest? It claims both new and old players are eligible, but I can't find anywhere to actually enter - just a bunch of circuitous links.:sceptic:

Your entry is to log into the game and run all four tutorials.  That's all you need to do.  :great:

Heh - also, laws for giveaways are very different in different countries, with numerous requirements that differ from place to place.  For legal reasons, it's easier for them to limit the giveaway to countries with which they're familiar with the laws and have a legal presence.

tadaaah #9 Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Yes, new and old players that live in US and Canada are eligible for the sweepstakes. We wanted to make sure that new players could enter as well as old! Hopefully, it will be good reminder of some of the basics as well. ;)

Somhlth #10 Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU

Forgive my ignorance, but where is this fourth tutorial?  I only see three tutorials in training: Gunnery Practice, Dogfight Training, and Team Air Combat.  That appears to be it.  I'd be happy to complete a fourth if I could find it.

I'm in Toronto, so that should qualify.

Edited by Somhlth, 21 December 2013 - 07:20 PM.

KADOW #11 Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 203 battles
I am haveing this issue to I just joined and I only see 3  tutorials as well ?

Aes_Sidhe #12 Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttriptyx, on 20 December 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Your entry is to log into the game and run all four tutorials.  That's all you need to do.  :great:

Heh - also, laws for giveaways are very different in different countries, with numerous requirements that differ from place to place.  For legal reasons, it's easier for them to limit the giveaway to countries with which they're familiar with the laws and have a legal presence.

Well I will Love to Do it But Intel Graphic Card aka Hangar Crashing Bug don't let me... 

WG don't You thing that This Should be postponed till you fix this Problem ??

FluffyWhale #13 Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View Posttriptyx, on 20 December 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

I am confused?? When i read the rules on how to enter it said you must give phone address and stuff like that. Also i am not 18 yet so what do i need to do for that. 

Scootalove #14 Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ERAD] ERAD
Just chiming in with the "Only have 3 tutorials" problem.

I stream games!  http://www.twitch.tv/jagermech

"Don't talk smack, just carry harder!" -Extra Credits, PATV

Scramble ponies, scramble!

Bear_82 #15 Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostJagermech, on 21 December 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Just chiming in with the "Only have 3 tutorials" problem.

View PostEkidutu, on 20 December 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

. . .

1st - Grandniece has not played to any extent since Beta and has only tier 1 planes. It occured me that no tier one has ground attack weapons so I suggesated she buy the tier 2. As soon as she did the mission became available.

2nd  A firend of hers tried it and it didn't work. It turns out that he had bought the Russian tier 2 GA which is a pure gunship. When he bought the I-15 the mission became available.

. . .

Somhlth #16 Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [BURYU] BURYU

View PostBear_82, on 22 December 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

It appears you are correct.  I researched and purchase the I-15 and the elusive fourth tutorial appeared.  Too bad that the average queue time for that tutorial was 25 minutes. wth.  I'll try again later. Thanks for the suggestion though. I had even opened a ticket with support, but have heard nothing from them.

View PostBear_82, on 22 December 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

2nd  A firend of hers tried it and it didn't work. It turns out that he had bought the Russian tier 2 GA which is a pure gunship. When he bought the I-15 the mission became available

Edited by Somhlth, 22 December 2013 - 07:54 AM.

uncorked #17 Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

I have done the upgrade, all 4 tutorials, and because the game link only seems to make you reinstall the game, have done that too.

I have found no way to actually enter the contest. Are you automatically entered when you complete the tutorials? Thanks for your responses.

edit: How to Enter: (a) To enter, an eligible individual must, during the Entry Period(as defined in Section 2), create a Wargaming.net account and/or log in to the World of Warplanes game client, and complete Tutorial Lessons 1-4 under the Training Game Mode

Seems to be auto-enter

Edited by flex50, 22 December 2013 - 02:33 PM.

tooreck #18 Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [GR0M] GR0M

Noone seemed to have answered the very valid question here: THERE IS ONLY THREE TUTORIALS AVAILABLE - Gunnery Practice, Dogfight Training, and Team Air Combat. THis is it. NO FOURTH ONE SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOUR TUTORIALS WHEN ONLY THREE ARE AVAILABLE? ALL IS UP TO DATE, INCLUDING TODAY'S UPDATE.

ANY KIND HELP TO UNDERSTAND THIS MESS HERE? WHERE IS THE TUTORIAL NUMBER 4???

ComradeBlyat #19 Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttooreck, on 26 December 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Noone seemed to have answered the very valid question here: THERE IS ONLY THREE TUTORIALS AVAILABLE - Gunnery Practice, Dogfight Training, and Team Air Combat. THis is it. NO FOURTH ONE SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOUR TUTORIALS WHEN ONLY THREE ARE AVAILABLE? ALL IS UP TO DATE, INCLUDING TODAY'S UPDATE.

ANY KIND HELP TO UNDERSTAND THIS MESS HERE? WHERE IS THE TUTORIAL NUMBER 4???

Stop yelling. The fourth tutorial is a GA tutorial and can be accessed by buying a low tier GA.

Soviet Bias>German Orbit Planes

Sandman1969 #20 Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 34 battles

View PostLouisLitt, on 26 December 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Stop yelling. The fourth tutorial is a GA tutorial and can be accessed by buying a low tier GA.

I did it without a GA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users