Jump to content


A quick guide to premium aircraft.


  • Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #81 Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • 5,267
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRedrocket90, on 15 May 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:

What's the story on the new tier 8 US gift plane?

 

Edit: also, great thread and thanks for making it!

 

Several months later, the story on the XP-58 is finally known.  Tier VIII Gift Aircraft for completing the second War Cache event's final mission.

 

I don't have any stats for the aircraft yet; I intend to obtain it and a screenshot will be provided or perhaps another pilot who gets it first will do so.


 

 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


BOT_ROCKET #82 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:03 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 59 battles
  • 663
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 August 2015 - 05:45am, said:

 

Several months later, the story on the XP-58 is finally known.  Tier VIII Gift Aircraft for completing the second War Cache event's final mission.

 

I don't have any stats for the aircraft yet; I intend to obtain it and a screenshot will be provided or perhaps another pilot who gets it first will do so.

Website has the info and a nice pic in the warplanes section.

 

Also, i was actually referring to the XF15C in that post.


Edited by Redrocket90, 05 August 2015 - 06:04 AM.

Just close your eyes and get ready for the Robo ride of your life.


MagusGerhardt #83 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • 5,267
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRedrocket90, on 04 August 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Website has the info and a nice pic in the warplanes section.

 

Also, i was actually referring to the XF15C in that post.

 

The XF15C...I still have no solid idea on how that is coming into the game.  Possibly another event like the one we are currently seeing for the 58.

 

 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


BOT_ROCKET #84 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 59 battles
  • 663
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 August 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

 

The XF15C...I still have no solid idea on how that is coming into the game.  Possibly another event like the one we are currently seeing for the 58.

 

As the Keeper of the Quick Guide, it is your responsibility to get this information by any means necessary!

Just close your eyes and get ready for the Robo ride of your life.


MagusGerhardt #85 Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • 5,267
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRedrocket90, on 05 August 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

 

As the Keeper of the Quick Guide, it is your responsibility to get this information by any means necessary!

 

Nothing has been said about it, and unlike FTR I don't make stuff up.

 

 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


BOT_ROCKET #86 Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 59 battles
  • 663
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 August 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

 

Nothing has been said about it, and unlike FTR I don't make stuff up.

Well maybe you should. :P


Just close your eyes and get ready for the Robo ride of your life.


Vanize #87 Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 577
  • Member since:
    05-21-2014

3 more for you as of today: http://worldofwarpla...ersary-bundles/

 



BOT_ROCKET #88 Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:12 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 59 battles
  • 663
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012
i(nfant)-16 looks pretty trolly.
Fairy... nuff said. Plus it actually looks better that its gerry brother. (Is gerry considered an insult?)
B'rang looks decent.

Thats an hour of overtime wasted. Oh well.

Just close your eyes and get ready for the Robo ride of your life.


MagusGerhardt #89 Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:05 AM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • 5,267
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostVanize, on 06 August 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

3 more for you as of today: http://worldofwarpla...ersary-bundles/

 

 

Q covered all of these when they first showed up in the game files last year.  Having acquired all three of them, I'll get a screenshot of them and their current stats when I'm not in the middle of working a full time job and participating in the Air Raid Tournament all while the County Fair is going on.

 

Thanks ahead of time for your patience.

 

View PostRedrocket90, on 06 August 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

i(nfant)-16 looks pretty trolly.
Fairy... nuff said. Plus it actually looks better that its gerry brother. (Is gerry considered an insult?)
B'rang looks decent.

Thats an hour of overtime wasted. Oh well.

 

That would be "Jerry" if you're looking for the British term for Germans.  The Germans called them "Tommies".  Americans called the Germans "Krauts" or "Fritz" and called the British "Limies" and the French "Frogs".

 

Everyone called the Russians "Ivan".  Then the cold war came and it was "Russkies" or "Communist B@#$#D@".


Edited by MagusGerhardt, 12 August 2015 - 01:07 AM.

 

 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


EspressoForHammy #90 Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 4,462
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I looked through and did not see the Boomerang and the I-16 prototype covered in this thread. Did I miss them?

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


MagusGerhardt #91 Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • 5,267
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 12 August 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

I looked through and did not see the Boomerang and the I-16 prototype covered in this thread. Did I miss them?

 

Possibly.  I'll have to go through things here with a fine tooth comb to make sure that I'm not putting in duplicates.  Q was very diligent about adding aircraft here when their data was put into the game as opposed to when they were released.

 

No worries; I have them both and will deliver HD screenshots and full writeups if they are needed.

 

My larger concern now is that with more stuff being added I have no way to alter the OP posts on page one.  If Q is retiring from this permanently I may have to start a new thread, copy the information in here over to that, request the sticky and request that this thread be archived due to obsolescence.  I really don't want to do that, though.  Q worked hard on this and deserves to keep his name in the spotlight.


 

 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


BOT_ROCKET #92 Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:36 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 59 battles
  • 663
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012
I think that would be a good idea. Wouldnt hurt to clean things up, maybe add some more relevent info.

Just close your eyes and get ready for the Robo ride of your life.


MagusGerhardt #93 Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:15 AM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • 5,267
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRedrocket90, on 12 August 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

I think that would be a good idea. Wouldnt hurt to clean things up, maybe add some more relevent info.

 

Could you explain more what you mean by "more relevant info"?  If there's something more to be said about the aircraft that Quesnel didn't cover, I'll do my best to fill in the blanks if I agree it's needed.

 

 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


BOT_ROCKET #94 Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:39 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 59 battles
  • 663
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 13 August 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

 

Could you explain more what you mean by "more relevant info"?  If there's something more to be said about the aircraft that Quesnel didn't cover, I'll do my best to fill in the blanks if I agree it's needed.

I didn't mean to make it sound like his info is irrelevant, but a lot of the planes are compared to their free counterparts, which aren't always a good comparison. i know it would take forever to give a full, detailed review of each one, but instead of comparing them to their same nation peers, compare them to their direct competition and/or planes with a similar playstyle. What he has is good. Just needs a few tweaks.


Edited by Redrocket90, 16 August 2015 - 09:28 AM.

Just close your eyes and get ready for the Robo ride of your life.


x2_Weekends #95 Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I really like this thread, a lot.  I keep coming back to it and finding little hints about the aircraft.  One thing that I would like to see, if this thread is recreated, is to have a cropped screenshot of the plane characteristics.  Also, suggested specific equipment.   I would find both of those very helpful, more helpful than the Global Wiki. 

HoH_Wolfblitz #96 Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10 battles
  • 1,450
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

View Postx2_Weekends, on 14 November 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

I really like this thread, a lot.  I keep coming back to it and finding little hints about the aircraft.  One thing that I would like to see, if this thread is recreated, is to have a cropped screenshot of the plane characteristics.  Also, suggested specific equipment.   I would find both of those very helpful, more helpful than the Global Wiki. 

 

That would be useful. That said, it would also be a fair bit of work to list all the recommended equipment or loadout for a particular plane. This may be a bit beyond the scope of this thread.

 

However, should something stick out to you, start a thread about the aircraft in question.  There are lots of people willing to help out or share their experiences with each aircraft. You're more likely to get an in depth description of the aircraft that way.



MagusGerhardt #97 Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:26 PM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • 5,267
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHoH_Wolfblitz, on 14 November 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

 

That would be useful. That said, it would also be a fair bit of work to list all the recommended equipment or loadout for a particular plane. This may be a bit beyond the scope of this thread.

 

However, should something stick out to you, start a thread about the aircraft in question.  There are lots of people willing to help out or share their experiences with each aircraft. You're more likely to get an in depth description of the aircraft that way.

 

Indeed.  And with even more aircraft coming down the pipeline now the variations dependent upon pilot wants/needs are only going to become more divergent.

 

 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


weechasha #98 Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 8 battles
  • 2
  • [-GS-] -GS-
  • Member since:
    02-10-2014
the cheater planes ruined the game...in reality the fastest prop plane ever produced was a russian bomber in the 1950's that attained a speed of 575 mph.....most of the cheater planes in this game exceed actual capability.....amd the map ceiling of 4000 feet is nowhere close to any real actual aviation capability as even some of the world war I planes would hit the 13000 feet oxygen ceiling

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #99 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15 battles
  • 933
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

View Postweechasha, on 24 June 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

the cheater planes ruined the game...in reality the fastest prop plane ever produced was a russian bomber in the 1950's that attained a speed of 575 mph.....most of the cheater planes in this game exceed actual capability.....amd the map ceiling of 4000 feet is nowhere close to any real actual aviation capability as even some of the world war I planes would hit the 13000 feet oxygen ceiling

 

First: Wrong thread.

Second: Links? Proof? The fastest prop plane was the F-84H, which was an F-84 which used a prop. A Tupolev has the "official" distinction.

https://en.wikipedia...driven_aircraft

 

Sometimes gameplay comes before physics, and other times this isn't including what a plane could do in dives and the like. 


The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.


Bobby_Tables #100 Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:02 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 593 battles
  • 692
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users