Japanese planes are one of the hardest to fly effectively

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Greninja_ #21 Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [D00M] D00M

View PostSuperNickster, on 13 December 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'm not the kind of guy who resorts to Bf "boom and zoom" tactics. I prefer to be more mobile, out-maneuvering other planes. That's why I love the Japanese and British planes the best. 

That's exactly my thought on this, too.

Greninja_ #22 Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [D00M] D00M

View PostHypertion, on 20 December 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

True stuff said.. i love these fast an twitchy planes... my highest teir plane is currently a japanese fighter. i love it when someone flying a plane like the German fighters try and turn fight you. hell i can often sucker people in by faking a head on attack against better firepower and then wowing them with a crazy twist that lets me pass them and start turn fighting them with ease... one of my favorite methods to fight in this game.

Once again, me too. Japanese planes are my favorite for that reason!

[content moderated - promoting other games]

~GM/Mod Teams

mizer67 #23 Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Good advice.

IJN and RU are best coming late to the battle after the front line fighters are engaged and the enemy is low on altitude and energy. Then, you can clean up. You just can't rush in on your starting heading, you have to be patient.

The key bit to racking up kills is getting ignored and maintaining enough energy not to get rammed. It sort of helps that you're so freaking slow in that respect, you're almost always last into battle and everyone's picked a target already.

Surviving is a challenge, even when played perfectly. You just can't escape, can't take a hit and everyone can target you at once if you're outnumbered. You also will stall even when in horizontal flight if you're turning a lot and can't really point your nose up all that long to follow a BnZ.

Wolfrum #24 Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmizer67, on 14 January 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Good advice.

IJN and RU are best coming late to the battle after the front line fighters are engaged and the enemy is low on altitude and energy. Then, you can clean up. You just can't rush in on your starting heading, you have to be patient.

The key bit to racking up kills is getting ignored and maintaining enough energy not to get rammed. It sort of helps that you're so freaking slow in that respect, you're almost always last into battle and everyone's picked a target already.

Surviving is a challenge, even when played perfectly. You just can't escape, can't take a hit and everyone can target you at once if you're outnumbered. You also will stall even when in horizontal flight if you're turning a lot and can't really point your nose up all that long to follow a BnZ.

Exactly right. I'm having to re-learn that myself again (did good for two games in my Zero then charged head long into a furball, I was down in 15sec).

Being a IJN fighter is best reserved for clearing the tails of your mates and TnB inside an already established furball. You are so fragile yet so agile that staying in level flight is never ideal. I always tell people to pay attention to their radar and Map and move move move. You don't bleed energy too badly when you are moving a bit around.

Too many times I have caught the Zeros flying straight and level and not paying attention. It takes only a second for my 109/110 to take one down once I close the gap.

So to any Zero pilots, keep moving make yourself a Hard target.

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users