How to play on the NA, EU, & RU servers from just one client.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

von_Krimm #1 Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Community Ace
  • 435 battles

If anyone desires to play on the EU and RU server using one client (the one you d/led for NA play) then use this file:

Attached File  scripts_config_MultiRegion.zip   800bytes   0 downloads

(I'd credit the person that created this mod but I lifted it from the EU forums long ago and can't find it again over there.)

In the res folder of WoWP, make a copy of the original scripts_config and then extract the above into the res folder.  next time you start the game you will be able to select the other regions from the drop-down menu.  You will need to register on both the EU & RU servers if you have not previously done so.

Lastly, remember that what you do on one server DOES NOT accumulate on another server and you cannot transfer gold, premium time, credits, planes, etc. between the servers.

Edited by Krimakov, 04 December 2013 - 05:59 PM.

I like my <CENSORED> like I like my <CENSORED> ; aged <CENSORED> to <CENSORED> years and mixed-up with <CENSORED> .If you take fire from the spouse-AA about the former, launch flares and dump chaff: $$$visa$$$amex$$$vonKrimm2.png

Worlds_Okayest_Dad #2 Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 86 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Nice, thanks Von

djwhodat #3 Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

• Community Ace
  • 14 battles
  • [SF-G] SF-G

Thanks

shot_108.jpg

von_Krimm #4 Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Community Ace
  • 435 battles

View PostBad_Lag, on 04 December 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Nice, thanks Von

View Postdjwhodat, on 04 December 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Thanks

Hey,you both out of "+1s" for the day or something?  I don't offer up these tasty, yet helpful,  morsels just so i can admire your avatars......

(I do it because I'm a kind and caring CA)

Edited by Krimakov, 05 December 2013 - 01:34 AM.

I like my <CENSORED> like I like my <CENSORED> ; aged <CENSORED> to <CENSORED> years and mixed-up with <CENSORED> .If you take fire from the spouse-AA about the former, launch flares and dump chaff: $$$visa$$$amex$$$vonKrimm2.png

Worlds_Okayest_Dad #5 Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 86 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Haha, sorry. Fixed

Zapperguy #6 Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Krimakov, on 04 December 2013 - 12:58 PM, said

If anyone desires to play on the EU and RU server using one client (the one you d/led for NA play) then use this file:

Attached File  scripts_config_MultiRegion.zip   800bytes   0 downloads

(I'd credit the person that created this mod but I lifted it from the EU forums long ago and can't find it again over there.)

In the res folder of WoWP, make a copy of the original scripts_config and then extract the above into the res folder.  next time you start the game you will be able to select the other regions from the drop-down menu.  You will need to register on both the EU & RU servers if you have not previously done so.

Lastly, remember that what you do on one server DOES NOT accumulate on another server and you cannot transfer gold, premium time, credits, planes, etc. between the servers.

I tried this in my res_mods folder rather than changing the original and it works as promised. Unfortunately it is geared specifically for the Russian server. If you click "Go to Forum" on the launch page, you are brought to the Russian forum. Same for support, registration, and lost password on that launch page. In the game itself, when you click on buy gold, it brings you to the Russian store.

I spent a little time twiddling with the xml so it would point to the equivalent NA links. I also repackaged it as a mod file. I also included a screenshot for clarity on what this mod does.

In the zipped file you will find the following:

• a "paths" file
  • a paths_original" file (for you people who refuse to back things up before you edit)
  • a "res_mods" folder (Inside: "scripts_config" file and "localization" folder)

Simply unzip the archive and put all 3 items into your WoWP root directory. Default C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes

It will ask you if you want to overwrite your existing "paths" file with the new one. You do want to overwrite it, since you have a pre-packaged backup (or you can backup your own "paths" file and throw mine out).

Now simply start/restart the game and you will see the server choices in the dropdown, but with NA links throughout instead of RU.

That's it, clean and simple as can be. If you wish to remove the config, there are 2 ways of doing this.

1. Remove everything from the "res_mods" folder and your game will run stock.
  2. Delete your "res_mods" folder and "paths" file and rename the backup (prepackaged as "paths_original") to "paths". Game back to stock.

The only caveat I will offer here is that after any game patches, it is usually necessary to update the "localization" folder in the "res_mods" folder. Delete the one in there and copy the one from C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res into the "res_mods" folder after you have updated the game. This is necessary with most mods using the "res_mods" system.

Cool find Krimakov, thanks for bringing it here!

:honoring:

Attached Thumbnails

Nelson2011 #7 Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
We'll added the scrips, but then my screen would go black and it would crash the game after a battle :/

JDMFreakz #8 Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
can you make one for WoT, krimm?

Zapperguy #9 Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostNelson2011, on 28 December 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

We'll added the scrips, but then my screen would go black and it would crash the game after a battle :/

Did you read/do the following?: The only caveat I will offer here is that after any game patches, it is usually necessary to update the "localization" folder in the "res_mods" folder. Delete the one in there and copy the one from C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res into the "res_mods" folder after you have updated the game. This is necessary with most mods using the "res_mods" system.

Edited by Zapperguy, 27 April 2014 - 05:47 AM.

Wolcott #10 Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Sorry for asking as I've never done mods before, but can I get a step-by-step guide for using this multi region config please?

Brewster - for lasting mastery of the air

woofman34 #11 Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG
I have a large memory capacity , so I just installed each client for each eu, ru, na separately in changed name folders like 1, 2 ,3 which works great for me in tanks and planes . but make sure you use same  email. you don't want to break any rules ! Having a little unwanted time off sucks !

Zapperguy #12 Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostWolcott, on 02 February 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Sorry for asking as I've never done mods before, but can I get a step-by-step guide for using this multi region config please?

I made it as simple as possible. Simply follow the instructions below. I even updated the file as the game has been patched since I zipped it originally.

View PostZapperguy, on 06 December 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

I tried this in my res_mods folder rather than changing the original and it works as promised. Unfortunately it is geared specifically for the Russian server. If you click "Go to Forum" on the launch page, you are brought to the Russian forum. Same for support, registration, and lost password on that launch page. In the game itself, when you click on buy gold, it brings you to the Russian store.

I spent a little time twiddling with the xml so it would point to the equivalent NA links. I also repackaged it as a mod file. I also included a screenshot for clarity on what this mod does.

In the zipped file you will find the following:

• a "paths" file
  • a paths_original" file (for you people who refuse to back things up before you edit)
  • a "res_mods" folder (Inside: "scripts_config" file and "localization" folder)

Simply unzip the archive and put all 3 items into your WoWP root directory. Default C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes

It will ask you if you want to overwrite your existing "paths" file with the new one. You do want to overwrite it, since you have a pre-packaged backup (or you can backup your own "paths" file and throw mine out).

Now simply start/restart the game and you will see the server choices in the dropdown, but with NA links throughout instead of RU.

That's it, clean and simple as can be. If you wish to remove the config, there are 2 ways of doing this.

1. Remove everything from the "res_mods" folder and your game will run stock.
  2. Delete your "res_mods" folder and "paths" file and rename the backup (prepackaged as "paths_original") to "paths". Game back to stock.

The only caveat I will offer here is that after any game patches, it is usually necessary to update the "localization" folder in the "res_mods" folder. Delete the one in there and copy the one from C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res into the "res_mods" folder after you have updated the game. This is necessary with most mods using the "res_mods" system.

Cool find Krimakov, thanks for bringing it here!

Edited by Zapperguy, 27 April 2014 - 05:46 AM.

Wolcott #13 Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Cheers. Will this config be compatible with the Asia client when it appears?

WEBEUS #14 Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 76 battles
I tried this. It won't allow me to create an account on the EU server using my current email. It says the email is already in use.

Edited by WEBEUS, 03 February 2014 - 01:25 PM.

Zapperguy #15 Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostWolcott, on 03 February 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

Cheers. Will this config be compatible with the Asia client when it appears?

In it's current state, no as that would have to be scripted in.

View PostWEBEUS, on 03 February 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

I tried this. It won't allow me to create an account on the EU server using my current email. It says the email is already in use.

If it says your email is in use just click "forgot password" and reset the alleged account.

FrostyNoid #16 Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
How bad is the lag connecting to EU or RU from NA-east coast?  I can probably kiss my 18ms good-bye?

Zapperguy #17 Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

You won't have 18ms, but your game will be totally playable. I usually get about 20ms on the NA server and just checked and I get 130ms to the EU server - very playable. I expect the RU server might be a bit higher, but while I've joined their forum, I didn't create an account to play on the RU server so I can't tell you a ping.

Wolcott #18 Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Can we have an update for this mod please? I updated the localization folder in res_mods but I can't select eu cluster anymore, only US.

Wolcott #19 Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Crap, now I have a problem. Any help please? Tried deleting the paths file and renaming the paths_original but it doesn't seem compatible with the new 1.2 update. I hope I don't have to go through the hassle of reinstalling the client again.

---------------------------
Critical Error Occurred
---------------------------
Runtime error (0xE06D7363) at 0x761F2EEC
Application WorldOfWarplanes.exe crashed 

Search path does not exist: C:/Games/World_of_Warplanes/res/packages/shared_content.pkg For more information on how to correctly setup and run BigWorld client, please refer to the Client Installation Guide, in bigworld/doc directory.

Memory status:

System: 21975040/3221225472 [0.68% used]

Private build: 124208

Please send the C:/Users/user-pc/AppData/Roaming/wargaming.net/World of Warplanes/logs/WoWP.dmp and the last log to developers

You can press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Nvm, just copied and pasted the paths file from the WoWP CT folder. Phew!

Edited by Wolcott, 09 March 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Zapperguy #20 Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Just bumping this thread for those who play on more than one WoWP server. I'm not repackaging this with a paths.xml as so many people are modding at this point, it might break a different mod to do so. Just paste the scripts_config.xml into your res_mods folder and you will have the dropdown option to choose a different server at the login screen as shown in the screenshot above. All mods seems to work fine except those which are server dependent such as XVM. Hryuun's XVM mod has different files for each server, so using a different server than the one you downloaded XVM for will simply result in all players showing 0.0 for an XVM rating. Gameplay is not effected in any way. Enjoy some extra hard drive space by running only one client for all 3 servers. This doesn't work for the CT server - you still need to install the client for that server separately if you are testing.

Attached File   scripts_config.zip   818bytes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users