Did you know...

Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

LyssaG #1 Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

Did you know that the forums have a spot for community created contests?

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/forum/162-community-created-events-and-contests/

Well, we do.  This is for us, by us.  This is not something that is made or managed by WG and their staff.  However, as you can see in the contest linked below, that they do encourage and support these contests.

Schultz has a great contest, which he has extended, due to lack of entrants.  With a digital copy of Batman Arkham City on the line, it seems a shame that this contest has garnered so little interest!

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/24064-cartoon-contest/

I know that many on here have expressed disatisfaction over the WG contests.  Perhaps, you have ideas or contests of your own that you wish to hold.  Well this is the place to do it!

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

SkywhaleExpress #2 Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I think the last time we tried to run a contest , nobody wanted in on it unless there was gold on the line. Sad to say, I'm thinking there's only a few ways to get a big interest.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

LyssaG #3 Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostAlexVandross, on 03 December 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

I think the last time we tried to run a contest , nobody wanted in on it unless there was gold on the line. Sad to say, I'm thinking there's only a few ways to get a big interest.

Nothing says users can't create gold contests.  I know some of the clans are willing to put gold on the line.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostAlexVandross, on 03 December 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

I think the last time we tried to run a contest , nobody wanted in on it unless there was gold on the line. Sad to say, I'm thinking there's only a few ways to get a big interes

I recently ran a contest in which I gave away a custom made skin, players design, and Haswell put up 1250 gold for the winner. Of the handfull of entries I recieved all but one commented either privately or in the forum thread, that the gold was secondary to the skin. I am currently waiting on Elisurf to get back from vacation so I can make any final changes to his plane, then I plan to run it again for another tree/tier.

(I can not post a screenshot of the winning skin, as it is not finished just yet, also I will leave that to Elisurf81 if he chooses to)

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

EspressoForHammy #5 Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I'm back! I just haven't had time to unpack the skin yet!!! I will let you know ASAP when I do.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

gunlion #6 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles
We always love seeing our players come up with their own contests and competitions, you guys are awesome. Pilots, make sure you look into participating, even if there isn't gold on the line there are still some cool prizes that are put up! And if you think you have a good idea for a community contest, go for it! 

Also tagged with Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users