I can't tolerate WOT anymore, since playing WOWP.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Kobra2009 #1 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1989 battles

My god.. Is it me, or do others feel the same way since playing WOWP? World of Tanks is simply the most painful, frustrating, and downright imbalanced game imaginable in comparison to this.. WOWP has a ways to go for balance, but it already seems so much better than WOT.  Going back to WOT for a few matches, and it was very nearly intolerable.

1) Troll platoons - permeating every tier in WOT. We see them in WOWP at higher tier, but so far they aren't rampant. (yet)

2) Imbalances in premium rounds. In WOT, premium rounds 'negate' a tremendous amount of skill. The reason is premium rounds in WOT remove the need to aim for the most part, and remove 'advantages' many vehicles have. In effect, they shave off a lot of skill needed. Whereas premium rounds in WOWP only provide potential bonuses, and don't negate vehicles, or skill.

3) Imbalances in tanks.. So many overpowered, and so many underpowered vehicles in WOT to the point that it tosses matches in one direction or another simply based on the vehicles in the mix.. WOWP suffers only marginally from this. ( P51+GermanHF) But it's rampant in WOT.

4) Fantasy land vehicles. WOT is literally filled with fake vehicles that never existed, and in some cases, never even existed in blueprints. This 'cheapens' the experience in my view, whereas WOWP seems to try to maintain some level of 'reality' to the vehicles. WOWP isn't perfect, but at least we don't see mythical planes that never existed.

5) Graphics.. The game engine in WOT is simply horrendous looking. Most of us have modern computers, and want something that pushes them.. WOT fails to deliver. WOWP has much superior graphics, and I appreciate that..

6) COMMUNITY. So far I have to say the WOWP community is VASTLY superior. WOT is full of angry people, venting hatred in game chat, arguing, raging, cutting people down over stats.. Most of this is adsent from WOWP (so far).

7) No cheater mods.. WOWP has no API for mods released, and I hope they NEVER release it.. WOT is full of mods that are cheating, or bordering on cheating. WOWP benefits from no XVM despite the fact I have 'wished' for XVM I feel it may be better to simply not allow it. But the plethora of 'borderline' hack mods in WOT - which MOST of the unicums are using, cheapens the experience for everyone else.

8) Jealousy.. I STILL get called a Wallet Warrior in WOT.. People in WOT seem to have a 'hatred' for anyone that pays for anything.. While in WOWP everyone seems to not care much, or otherwise respect folks for their decisions.

9) Artillery. Perhaps the worst mechanic every put into any game - in history. Satellite view with massive dmg? Please.

10) Wonky view mechanics. Welcome to Invisible tanks, disappearing tanks, and insane cloaking devices.. Broken.

My son claims due to the higher skillset needed for WOWP, we are bound to see 'higher IQ' community over here. He also claims that 'pilots' in general are a bit better manored, while tankers are known to be dirty thugs..  Either way, after enjoying WOWP I have found WOT to be literally - intolerable. Strange thing - most of the WOT community has the impression that WOWP 'sucks'.. I keep getting told that over there.. I have no idea who started that rumor, but.. Maybe it's better they stay there?  WG still makes the same money with unified accounts, and we keep the thugs out of WOWP..

The 3 battles I did this weekend in WOT were probably my last 3 for quite some time.

Moved to Off-Topic.

~ Skyefire

Edited by Skyefire, 03 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

rocketbrainsurgeon #2 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3575 battles

I struggle to think of another person on this planet that I disagree with more than you.

EDIT: Probably should throw some reasons out there.

XVM: Due to my longevity in the game, skill, notoriety on the forums, and my site, I'm targeted every game even without XVM.  People specifically call out for everyone to target me.  Doesn't hurt me one bit.  Man up, seriously.

Premium ammo: HEAT is downright terrible, so throw half the tanks out the door on your reasoning here.  That leaves APCR, which still can't go through turret faces or deal with sidescraping or the vision system.  Premium ammo is fools' gold.

Troll platoons in WoT have nothing on the troll platoons here.  What's commonplace in WoWP to force tier 8's into a tier 6 game simply doesn't happen.

Imbalance: Tanks have a couple standouts per tier, it's true, but it's nothing like WoWP where 1-3 planes at each tier completely negate everything else.  And when I say "negate", I mean those 1-3 overpowered planes are invincible.

Edited by rocketbrainsurgeon, 03 December 2013 - 05:46 AM.

Quesnel #3 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 10079 battles

I am sure the WOT community is trying to cope with your absence...............

However, with all that you seem to find "right" over here, you like to post a lot of what you find to be "wrong".

amade #4 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 805 battles

I can't tolerate WoWP anymore since a certain reptile of '09 has come from WoT.

Kobra2009 #5 Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1989 battles

WOT is full of scrubs, Tker's, and ragers. In fact,  you can get Tk'ed there for merely playing in a premium tank, I've seen it happen. So much rage..

GOOD thing is.. A lot of people play WOT on toasters, so WOWP won't run right for them - which is good for us I guess.

BitterClinger #6 Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3678 battles

I agree with you Kobra, but perhaps for different reasons.  I really am hooked on World of Tanks. I'm still pretty much a "n00b", but I do have a Tier 9 (M103) and I have spent A LOT of money there.

I have a couple of problems with Tanks that World of Warplanes has handled pretty well.

1.  Tier - Tier differences in Tanks are extreme compared to Warplanes. Lower tier planes are much more likely to have a significant impact on a battle than in Tanks.
  2.  Slow - The action in Warplanes is fast-paced from start to finish. Tanks, played correctly is very "campy". There is a lot of sitting and waiting, even at lower tiers, despite what my fail team mates might say when I am seal-clubbing in my T18.
  3.  Players - While "tankers" are far from being the dregs of the gaming community, they can see the "bottom of the barrel" from where they are... World of Tanks is the second most toxic gaming environment I have ever seen, and I've been playing online games since Ultima Online in 1997.

P.S. I get called a "Wallet Warrior" in Tanks as well. I just tell them better a wallet warrior than a welfare warrior, then I follow that up with a "you're welcome".

Kobra2009 #7 Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1989 battles

View PostBitterClinger, on 03 December 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

I agree with you Kobra, but perhaps for different reasons.  I really am hooked on World of Tanks. I'm still pretty much a "n00b", but I do have a Tier 9 (M103) and I have spent A LOT of money there.

I have a couple of problems with Tanks that World of Warplanes has handled pretty well.

1.  Tier - Tier differences in Tanks are extreme compared to Warplanes. Lower tier planes are much more likely to have a significant impact on a battle than in Tanks.
  2.  Slow - The action in Warplanes is fast-paced from start to finish. Tanks, played correctly is very "campy". There is a lot of sitting and waiting, even at lower tiers, despite what my fail team mates might say when I am seal-clubbing in my T18.
  3.  Players - While "tankers" are far from being the dregs of the gaming community, they can see the "bottom of the barrel" from where they are... World of Tanks is the second most toxic gaming environment I have ever seen, and I've been playing online games since Ultima Online in 1997.

P.S. I get called a "Wallet Warrior" in Tanks as well. I just tell them better a wallet warrior than a welfare warrior, then I follow that up with a "you're welcome".

I agree on the toxic community aspect, and I have been playing MMO's since Meridian59. Never have I seen such a toxic community as the one in WOT. Period.. Even strong PVP oriented games, the communities weren't bad, games such as Shadowbane, etc. If WOT is your second most toxic community, what was the first?  WOW?

Traurig_Yoda #8 Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 2668 battles

View Postamade, on 03 December 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

QTF!!

"If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play" -Yoda

Unraveler #9 Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 526 battles

Haven't played WoT for ages (SEA server). I'm currently finding WoWP to be much more fun and much less frustrating than tanks, and I've never been particularly interested in WW2 planes. It's disappointing that the "WoWP sucks" rumour seems so prevalent among those who haven't even given it a chance - bigger server population would be nice.

I also find this game to be a lot more fun than that other plane game, not really sure why. The aircraft in WoWP seem to have more character or something.

Edited by Unraveler, 03 December 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Kobra2009 #10 Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1989 battles

View PostTraurig_Yoda, on 03 December 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

View Postamade, on 03 December 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

QTF!!

Someone is butthurt. I know that butt will hurt even more when your pet planes are nerfed.

FreeFOXMIKE #11 Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• Community Ace
  • 3436 battles

View PostKobra2009, on 02 December 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

My god.. Is it me, or do others feel the same way since playing WOWP? World of Tanks is simply the most painful, frustrating, and downright imbalanced game imaginable in comparison to this.. WOWP has a ways to go for balance, but it already seems so much better than WOT.  Going back to WOT for a few matches, and it was very nearly intolerable.

1) Troll platoons - permeating every tier in WOT. We see them in WOWP at higher tier, but so far they aren't rampant. (yet)

2) Imbalances in premium rounds. In WOT, premium rounds 'negate' a tremendous amount of skill. The reason is premium rounds in WOT remove the need to aim for the most part, and remove 'advantages' many vehicles have. In effect, they shave off a lot of skill needed. Whereas premium rounds in WOWP only provide potential bonuses, and don't negate vehicles, or skill.

3) Imbalances in tanks.. So many overpowered, and so many underpowered vehicles in WOT to the point that it tosses matches in one direction or another simply based on the vehicles in the mix.. WOWP suffers only marginally from this. ( P51+GermanHF) But it's rampant in WOT.

4) Fantasy land vehicles. WOT is literally filled with fake vehicles that never existed, and in some cases, never even existed in blueprints. This 'cheapens' the experience in my view, whereas WOWP seems to try to maintain some level of 'reality' to the vehicles. WOWP isn't perfect, but at least we don't see mythical planes that never existed.

5) Graphics.. The game engine in WOT is simply horrendous looking. Most of us have modern computers, and want something that pushes them.. WOT fails to deliver. WOWP has much superior graphics, and I appreciate that..

6) COMMUNITY. So far I have to say the WOWP community is VASTLY superior. WOT is full of angry people, venting hatred in game chat, arguing, raging, cutting people down over stats.. Most of this is adsent from WOWP (so far).

7) No cheater mods.. WOWP has no API for mods released, and I hope they NEVER release it.. WOT is full of mods that are cheating, or bordering on cheating. WOWP benefits from no XVM despite the fact I have 'wished' for XVM I feel it may be better to simply not allow it. But the plethora of 'borderline' hack mods in WOT - which MOST of the unicums are using, cheapens the experience for everyone else.

8) Jealousy.. I STILL get called a Wallet Warrior in WOT.. People in WOT seem to have a 'hatred' for anyone that pays for anything.. While in WOWP everyone seems to not care much, or otherwise respect folks for their decisions.

9) Artillery. Perhaps the worst mechanic every put into any game - in history. Satellite view with massive dmg? Please.

10) Wonky view mechanics. Welcome to Invisible tanks, disappearing tanks, and insane cloaking devices.. Broken.

My son claims due to the higher skillset needed for WOWP, we are bound to see 'higher IQ' community over here. He also claims that 'pilots' in general are a bit better manored, while tankers are known to be dirty thugs..  Either way, after enjoying WOWP I have found WOT to be literally - intolerable. Strange thing - most of the WOT community has the impression that WOWP 'sucks'.. I keep getting told that over there.. I have no idea who started that rumor, but.. Maybe it's better they stay there?  WG still makes the same money with unified accounts, and we keep the thugs out of WOWP..

The 3 battles I did this weekend in WOT were probably my last 3 for quite some time.

pEOPLE All he is saying he like WG planes better then WG tanks and gave his reason no need to neg rep

Kobra2009 #12 Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1989 battles

View PostUnraveler, on 03 December 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Haven't played WoT for ages (SEA server). I'm currently finding WoWP to be much more fun and much less frustrating than tanks, and I've never been particularly interested in WW2 planes. It's disappointing that the "WoWP sucks" rumour seems so prevalent among those who haven't even given it a chance - bigger server population would be nice.

I also find this game to be a lot more fun than that other plane game, not really sure why. The aircraft in WoWP seem to have more character or something.

Ditto on all accounts, including not finding 'that other' plane game fun.

My son won't play WOWP, only because he has so much time/money dropped into that other game.. I can see his point, it does have merits, but after spending so much time and money, it's hard to break away, despite a better game.

Bopgun #13 Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1684 battles
I dont totally disagree. I stopped playing tanks basically because of the pace/camping and the fact that skill has far less of an impact. I've picked up from various posts that said OP seems to have a name for trying to gather negative rep. Surely in that case just positive everything written?

RocketSpammer1 #14 Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10797 battles

-193?I dunno if anyone can fix that kind of rep... But I gave you a +1 to coutner.

However,

I started here in WoWP CBT... and, well... I'm starting to learn WoT from pappabear and others. I went from 300 battles at 37% wins to 49% wins at 1100 battles. Still a lot to learn, but I'm getting there..

I actually like WoT now.

Show me where that dirty IL-2M rockets you at night...

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

Katariana #15 Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 331 battles

View PostKobra2009, on 02 December 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

My son claims due to the higher skillset needed for WOWP, we are bound to see 'higher IQ' community over here. He also claims that 'pilots' in general are a bit better manored, while tankers are known to be dirty thugs.. 

Eh. Plenty of major scumbags over here too, I won't call them out by name on this forum though.

Just a much smaller population of players here, thus, a smaller concentration of scum.

"Don't worry about me when you see me on the enemy roster. I'm completely harmless."

Max_T #16 Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1373 battles

View PostKobra2009, on 03 December 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

me to. i play clan stuff some.but player base is a lot nicer,thats a big 1 for me. tanks has been nerfed to death.dont know what they were trying to do but they have nerfed me into not playing very much.I HOPE the keep away from the nerf button on this 1

TheGreenTank #17 Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 2695 battles

Could NOT possibly agree more with the OP.

The intentional rigging of the game to punish players for good performance, the still-skewed-up matchmaking (Tanks would benefit a LOT from taking a page from WoWp's book & not dumping whatever tanks in the qeue it can find to fill in 15 on 15 games, and instead settling for 13, 10, or even 8 on 8 random matches), GOLD SLINGING (armor? what's armor??? autoaim ftw), visibility mechanics that make NO sense whatsoever (especially with draw distance being a 500m *square* around a 440m-maximum view range *circle*...the hell is up with that?), entire classes of tanks being nerfed to obscurity by nonsensical ignorant public outcry....

There's a lot of reason World of Tanks gives me grief.

World of Warplanes has a couple issues of its own, certainly - namely what I see as imbalanced 'boost' performance & fairly muffed-up accuracy mechanics - but there is so much else that has been done RIGHT, that it feels like a safe haven of fun, competitive gaming, and from the experiences I had in alpha & beta, I am looking forward with absolute eager-beaver excitement to what the Wargaming WoWp team has in store for the future.

(and I'm not even going there with all the issues *thatoneothergame* has...I just can't stand realism being the only real selling point of a game, for more than an hour before I get fed up and want to do something else.)

I'm going to have a really hard time balancing finishing my tank grinds (ugh), playing this game (WHEE!), and getting on board with World of Warships when that comes out too, though. I've wanted naval warfare gaming ever since I saw battleship documentaries as a kid....

losttwo #18 Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10238 battles

Another complaint thread to bash a game that is not about Aircraft. Welcome to World of War Planes and our forums. Where we simply post suggestions and ideas on how to improve the game of World of Warplanes. This is a community of Warplane enthusiasts and even the moderaters and admins are lookign for PLANE stuff, not concerning themselves with TANK stuff.

I am sure your opinion of WOT would have more weight in the TANK forums than in here. Yes I respect your opinnion and am in no way bashing it, In Fact I almost agree with it since I do not play WOT that much for similar reasons. how ever this is not the place for me to voice my disgrunted feeling about that game.

THanks for enjoying WOWP as much as I do and yes your opinion about WOWP is highly valuble here, please leave the TANKS in the garage.

And yes I am trying to be a little controlling here. I am complaining about people posting complaints about other games and wish they would stop.

Deimos_11 #19 Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• 149 battles
I find World of War Planes to be a lot more stressful and to a degree less entertaining due to the fact it's so much easier for you to go out of the game in the first 10 seconds, via collisions and getting totally owned without even being able to fire back.

pyantoryng #20 Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4870 battles

View PostDeimos_11, on 03 December 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

I find World of War Planes to be a lot more stressful and to a degree less entertaining due to the fact it's so much easier for you to go out of the game in the first 10 seconds, via collisions and getting totally owned without even being able to fire back.

Still better than getting stagnant battles involving camping & hanging back 99% of the time of WoT.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users