My god.. Is it me, or do others feel the same way since playing WOWP? World of Tanks is simply the most painful, frustrating, and downright imbalanced game imaginable in comparison to this.. WOWP has a ways to go for balance, but it already seems so much better than WOT. Going back to WOT for a few matches, and it was very nearly intolerable.
1) Troll platoons - permeating every tier in WOT. We see them in WOWP at higher tier, but so far they aren't rampant. (yet)
2) Imbalances in premium rounds. In WOT, premium rounds 'negate' a tremendous amount of skill. The reason is premium rounds in WOT remove the need to aim for the most part, and remove 'advantages' many vehicles have. In effect, they shave off a lot of skill needed. Whereas premium rounds in WOWP only provide potential bonuses, and don't negate vehicles, or skill.
3) Imbalances in tanks.. So many overpowered, and so many underpowered vehicles in WOT to the point that it tosses matches in one direction or another simply based on the vehicles in the mix.. WOWP suffers only marginally from this. ( P51+GermanHF) But it's rampant in WOT.
4) Fantasy land vehicles. WOT is literally filled with fake vehicles that never existed, and in some cases, never even existed in blueprints. This 'cheapens' the experience in my view, whereas WOWP seems to try to maintain some level of 'reality' to the vehicles. WOWP isn't perfect, but at least we don't see mythical planes that never existed.
5) Graphics.. The game engine in WOT is simply horrendous looking. Most of us have modern computers, and want something that pushes them.. WOT fails to deliver. WOWP has much superior graphics, and I appreciate that..
6) COMMUNITY. So far I have to say the WOWP community is VASTLY superior. WOT is full of angry people, venting hatred in game chat, arguing, raging, cutting people down over stats.. Most of this is adsent from WOWP (so far).
7) No cheater mods.. WOWP has no API for mods released, and I hope they NEVER release it.. WOT is full of mods that are cheating, or bordering on cheating. WOWP benefits from no XVM despite the fact I have 'wished' for XVM I feel it may be better to simply not allow it. But the plethora of 'borderline' hack mods in WOT - which MOST of the unicums are using, cheapens the experience for everyone else.
8) Jealousy.. I STILL get called a Wallet Warrior in WOT.. People in WOT seem to have a 'hatred' for anyone that pays for anything.. While in WOWP everyone seems to not care much, or otherwise respect folks for their decisions.
9) Artillery. Perhaps the worst mechanic every put into any game - in history. Satellite view with massive dmg? Please.
10) Wonky view mechanics. Welcome to Invisible tanks, disappearing tanks, and insane cloaking devices.. Broken.
My son claims due to the higher skillset needed for WOWP, we are bound to see 'higher IQ' community over here. He also claims that 'pilots' in general are a bit better manored, while tankers are known to be dirty thugs.. Either way, after enjoying WOWP I have found WOT to be literally - intolerable. Strange thing - most of the WOT community has the impression that WOWP 'sucks'.. I keep getting told that over there.. I have no idea who started that rumor, but.. Maybe it's better they stay there? WG still makes the same money with unified accounts, and we keep the thugs out of WOWP..
The 3 battles I did this weekend in WOT were probably my last 3 for quite some time.
Moved to Off-Topic.
Edited by Skyefire, 03 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.