The Balancing issues with WoWP development

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

SkywhaleExpress #1 Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

In response to a previous thread, I have written a basic explanation of how balancing started off in the wrong direction, and has remained so to this day. This is NOT a flaming post. This isn't a "unicorns and WG are out to get me" thread. Realize that Wargaming is going to be making attempts to fix the balancing now that they have the flight model the way they want it.

The problem with WoWP development, is it has been plagued with the idea that they can come into the world of military aviation games with concept of making it just like World of Tanks. However, this idea is a huge fallacy.

They tried to balance the game like they do WoT: HF = TD/Arty Hybrids , GA= Arty/slow TD hybrid, Japanese fighters are like light scouts with big guns. Russian fighters are like thinly armored lights with weak fast firing to strong medium firing guns. American Carrier Based is like the Medium Tanks. German Light Fighters is like Medium Tanks with the derp cannons.

Lastly, you have the American Light Fighter line, which just has all of the scout/medium abilities, whose only drawback is less damager per shot, than other OP planes.

Now that they have realized their folly in trusting in balancing by Tanks... they ARE working on ways of implementing fixes for it.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

AuraDesru #2 Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
How do you know that's there agenda?

Mercsn #3 Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

You've been here longer than me alex, but I disagree.  I disagree both with the claim that they tried to balance the same way as WoT and with your translation of the classes.  Most who argue this point would say that HF~HT, LF ~LT (which is the most stupid, since there is no scouting or hiding and every plane has to pull it's weight in damage output potential), GA ~ TD/arty hybrid (again, fairly odd designation becuase those two classes in WoT are the most accurate AND most inaccurate and also fairly reasonble becuase GA have the highest firepower and play the "anti-camping" role.

I really, truly, vehemently hate seeing the classes in the two games compared at all becuase they simply are not analogous on ANY practical gameplay/gamedesign level and they simply do not translate between games.

IMO

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

SkywhaleExpress #4 Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The developers have even as much as said they want the game to play just like WoT in terms of overall gameplay and balance. Whether my designated "equivalents" are "correct" or not, is up to debate. This is just my analysis of the way it's progressed.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Heibges #5 Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

I agree Alex.  It seems like they have been determined to jam a square peg into a round hole in a number of areas.

But the way WoT is broken down, it is easier for the player to figure out what their role is.

Also, not exploring another game mode during the entire Alpha/Beta to me was a huge missed opportunity.

I thought the Classess were supposed to be

LF= Air Superiority

HF= Base Defender

GA= Base Attacker

But since July it seems they want the HF to fight with the LF.  Artillery is better integrated into the gameplay flow than GA.

Edited by Heibges, 02 December 2013 - 04:18 AM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users