Jump to content


Thanksgiving, Hot Friday, Cyber Monday. WHERE ARE THE SALES!?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

chezypuuf #1 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 19 battles
  • 71
  • [ZBTR] ZBTR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Okay, World of Tanks Webpage is covered with sales for these events. It's HUGE. Everyone is cutting prices, and introducing huge savings, and new products. Over here on the Warplanes front, it's cold, and quiet. I'm starting to think there will be no sale at all. I could be wrong, but without any advertising how would I know? I think it's kind of crazy that this game was launched just before this HUGE week of sales, and there's no sign of sales. What a huge miss.

Anyone heard anything about a sale? Warplanes, do you even want my money bro!?
10/15/2013 Airborne Challenge. NEVER FORGET!

dmarsha9 #2 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 810
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
They do have some nice salws this weekend
 

 

Vandrel #3 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 360 battles
  • 786
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
All of the gold still applies to WoWP too. Other than that though, the only premiums are a few low tier planes. There's not a lot to put on sale yet other than gold.

Draconis76 #4 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 995
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012
This is a brand new game, and you are whining that it isn't immediately put on sale.....  sigh.....

chezypuuf #5 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 19 battles
  • 71
  • [ZBTR] ZBTR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostVandrel, on 27 November 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

All of the gold still applies to WoWP too. Other than that though, the only premiums are a few low tier planes. There's not a lot to put on sale yet other than gold.

Yeah, the gold applys, but nothing else will. What good is a KV-220 gonna do me against an ME 410? WOWP is not WOT. It's its own game, with its own production staff. As far as there not being too many planes to put on sale yet, well here's their chance! What better time then Thanksgiving/hot friday/cyber monday, to roll out some new premiums?
10/15/2013 Airborne Challenge. NEVER FORGET!

Hochstepanzerjager #6 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 581
  • [SBSDZ] SBSDZ
  • Member since:
    02-08-2013

The game just went live two weeks ago, and you're already screaming about how we aren't getting any sales?

 

Wow, the entitlement...




"Fly with your head, not with your muscles" - Maj. Erich Hartmann


Kobra2009 #7 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I agree, we need some specials.

 

What about more premium planes? Or some gold/cred packs for this game? 



chezypuuf #8 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 19 battles
  • 71
  • [ZBTR] ZBTR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDraconis76, on 27 November 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

This is a brand new game, and you are whining that it isn't immediately put on sale.....  sigh.....

It's a free to play game. They make all their cash from these micro transactions. They released the game two weeks before the biggest sales weekend of the year, and so far haven't released any info on a sale for this HUGE opportunity. They are missing a huge chance to rake in soem cash. I'm here, I have money, and I'm looking to spend some of it on a holiday sale. So where's the sale?

Draco, your retort is simplistic, and trollish. You have an obvious lack of salesmenship, and marketing skills.  There's money on the table, and WOWP is just staring at it. They need to announce a promotion for this holiday event, and take a cut of the consumer dollars.
10/15/2013 Airborne Challenge. NEVER FORGET!

Quesnel #9 Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • 5,366
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Well...................the KV-220 is finally available to buy on the WOT NA server!

 

In other news........................

 



tadaaah #10 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 572
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013
Don't worry, we won't leave you out in the cold. :glasses:

chezypuuf #11 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 19 battles
  • 71
  • [ZBTR] ZBTR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHochstepanzerjager, on 27 November 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

The game just went live two weeks ago, and you're already screaming about how we aren't getting any sales?

 

Wow, the entitlement...


Entitled? You're darn right I'm entitled. I'm the customer. It's my money they want, or the game goes under. I have a certain amount of money I'm willing to spend on games this coming week. I'm looking at a few offers, and promotions from differant games. I was hoping to give some of my dollars to WOWP. 

Now let me clear something up for you, since it looks like you've missed it. If this was two weeks into release, and it was say, the middle of June, I wouldn't care if there's a sale. See, this isn't june. This is the end of November. This is the BIGGEST sales week in the entire year. They call it black friday, because companies make so much money they can move from the RED, to the BLACK, in a single day. This is a HUGE opportunity, releasing a new title right before this event. I've got money, and I'm waiting for a reason to give it to someone. So show me some promotions, and earn my custom.
10/15/2013 Airborne Challenge. NEVER FORGET!

Draconis76 #12 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 995
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View Postchezypuuf, on 27 November 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostDraconis76, on 27 November 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

This is a brand new game, and you are whining that it isn't immediately put on sale.....  sigh.....

It's a free to play game. They make all their cash from these micro transactions. They released the game two weeks before the biggest sales weekend of the year, and so far haven't released any info on a sale for this HUGE opportunity. They are missing a huge chance to rake in soem cash. I'm here, I have money, and I'm looking to spend some of it on a holiday sale. So where's the sale?

Draco, your retort is simplistic, and trollish. You have an obvious lack of salesmenship, and marketing skills.  There's money on the table, and WOWP is just staring at it. They need to announce a promotion for this holiday event, and take a cut of the consumer dollars.


Yes, they make their cash from microtransactions and opened two weeks before black friday. How does that change the business model? 

 

The 'there's money on the table' line assumes there would be no sales at the 'normal' prices. We already see in WoT that a generous sale offer just means everyone expects equal generousity each and every time and will whine miserably if the sale prices aren't low enough for them any given weekend.

 

And whine the loudest that the newest goods aren't immediately on sale.

 

If they were to have had any sort of sale, it would have been an 'opening day' sale to lure people in to play the game. A major sale outside of that this soon would more likely damage their business model than help it.

 

Calling me names doesn't change that.

 

ETA:

 

Quote

Entitled? You're darn right I'm entitled. I'm the customer. It's my money they want, or the game goes under.

 

Hardly. Try that with any business. Walk into your local supermarket and demand they give you a discount on what you want to buy or they will go out of business. Better yet, go into your local computer store and demand they drop their prices on their newest machines for you. Good luck with that.

 

It looks like they will have some sort of sale, but none of us are 'entitled' to any such thing.


Edited by Draconis76, 27 November 2013 - 09:11 PM.


chezypuuf #13 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 19 battles
  • 71
  • [ZBTR] ZBTR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostQuesnel, on 27 November 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Well...................the KV-220 is finally available to buy on the WOT NA server!

 

In other news........................

 

Yeah, I saw this. What a brilliant idea. You take the biggest sales time of the year, and offer a tank the NA server never could buy before. Then inflate the buy in with extra gold. That is brilliant! WOT is going to make a killing with that promotion. I'm going to be buy one of those bundles once I see the prices. That sales is exactly what I am talking about.

 

 

View Posttadaaah, on 27 November 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Don't worry, we won't leave you out in the cold. :glasses:

Well this is promising. I'm dying to know what WOWP will be doing. If I'm reading this correctly, you guys will be offering something. Personally I would have promoted it sooner, but this has my interest. I'll be holding back some of my funds to make sure I have something to spend on the WOWP promotions. Thanks for the update! :great:
10/15/2013 Airborne Challenge. NEVER FORGET!

chezypuuf #14 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 19 battles
  • 71
  • [ZBTR] ZBTR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDraconis76, on 27 November 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

View Postchezypuuf, on 27 November 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostDraconis76, on 27 November 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

This is a brand new game, and you are whining that it isn't immediately put on sale.....  sigh.....

It's a free to play game. They make all their cash from these micro transactions. They released the game two weeks before the biggest sales weekend of the year, and so far haven't released any info on a sale for this HUGE opportunity. They are missing a huge chance to rake in soem cash. I'm here, I have money, and I'm looking to spend some of it on a holiday sale. So where's the sale?

Draco, your retort is simplistic, and trollish. You have an obvious lack of salesmenship, and marketing skills.  There's money on the table, and WOWP is just staring at it. They need to announce a promotion for this holiday event, and take a cut of the consumer dollars.


Yes, they make their cash from microtransactions and opened two weeks before black friday. How does that change the business model? 

 

The 'there's money on the table' line assumes there would be no sales at the 'normal' prices. We already see in WoT that a generous sale offer just means everyone expects equal generousity each and every time and will whine miserably if the sale prices aren't low enough for them any given weekend.

 

And whine the loudest that the newest goods aren't immediately on sale.

 

If they were to have had any sort of sale, it would have been an 'opening day' sale to lure people in to play the game. A major sale outside of that this soon would more likely damage their business model than help it.

 

Calling me names doesn't change that.

 

ETA:

 

Quote

Entitled? You're darn right I'm entitled. I'm the customer. It's my money they want, or the game goes under.

 

Hardly. Try that with any business. Walk into your local supermarket and demand they give you a discount on what you want to buy or they will go out of business. Better yet, go into your local computer store and demand they drop their prices on their newest machines for you. Good luck with that.

 

It looks like they will have some sort of sale, but none of us are 'entitled' to any such thing.


Are you kidding me? I do it all the time!  "Hey the guy down the street is selling X for Y, can you beat him?"  In fact it's so common many companies have made it their policy to do exactly that. It's called price matching. There's a word for people who blindly pay retail on everything. "mark" 
10/15/2013 Airborne Challenge. NEVER FORGET!

CloakRogue #15 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • 179
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012

View Posttadaaah, on 27 November 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Don't worry, we won't leave you out in the cold. :glasses:

Now I'm getting excited, what could it be? :bajan:


woofman34 #16 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • 1,894
  • [SG] SG
  • Member since:
    10-23-2013

I like surprizes !

Quesnel #17 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • 5,366
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posttadaaah, on 27 November 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Don't worry, we won't leave you out in the cold. :glasses:



sgtcheapbeer #18 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 27 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posttadaaah, on 27 November 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Don't worry, we won't leave you out in the cold. :glasses:

A shiny New plane would warm Me right up!  The anticipation of a special is hard to contain.      :great:

MiikLL #19 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 98
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Hello...

 

Hanger slots needed...:great:.

 

My GA pilots are getting upset...:angry: with these cheap "7 day,Swap-Meet, Brand name Knockoff" camos I keep throwing on their planes...:hiding:. A camo sale would be nice too...:honoring:.

 

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday...



Quesnel #20 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • 5,366
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I hope this is a good one.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users