Creating World of Warplanes Website for project.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Thumperr #1 Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'm wondering if I need permission to make a website about World of Warplanes.  The final for my HTML class is a project on a hobby, I wanted to do one on firearms but since I live in a liberal semi nanny state I don't want to deal with any whiners.  Also since it's a tech class a game might be more easily understood by everyone.
The man in my avatar is General Claire Chennault commander of the Flying Tigers and my Great Uncle

tadaaah #2 Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Funny you should mention this. We are currently putting together some fan site kits and cool stuff. We will be featuring some of these on the website once we have it all set up. We are still working on the final details for requirements.

As of right now, you should be fine doing this for your project.

Edited by tadaaah, 27 November 2013 - 12:03 AM.

GeorgePatton #3 Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Give us a link when you're done mate!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Thumperr #4 Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttadaaah, on 26 November 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Funny you should mention this. We are currently putting together some fan site kits and cool stuff. We will be featuring some of these on the website once we have it all set up. We are still working on the final details for requirements.

Thank you for the response now I know what I'll be doing my final on!  We can't use any aides whatsoever we have to build our own HTML and CSS.
The man in my avatar is General Claire Chennault commander of the Flying Tigers and my Great Uncle

Thumperr #5 Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 26 November 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Give us a link when you're done mate!

Cheers!
Glenn

I'll do that, should be mid to late December, unless it's just horrible and I'm going to bury it lol!

triptyx #6 Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Flying Llama

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA

View PostThumperr, on 26 November 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Thank you for the response now I know what I'll be doing my final on!  We can't use any aides whatsoever we have to build our own HTML and CSS.

Aids are for chumps, and most of us "in the business" that are serious about it don't use them.  :)

Good luck!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Argon3 #7 Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 150 battles

Sweet

Go for it and link it when done

There are only two types pilots that fly
Targets and Aces.... :kamikaze:
And Cats with lazer eyes to shot down the Aces

JDMFreakz #8 Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
Sweet, give us thw link when its done!

PressureLine #9 Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FTE] FTE

View PostThumperr, on 27 November 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

The kit is images and logos etc

Thumperr #10 Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPressureLine, on 27 November 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

The kit is images and logos etc

Now thats something I could use.

pyantoryng #11 Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2169 battles

WoT's kit helped me a lot in cooking up some mad schemes...I expect WoWP to do the same, eventually.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SkyWolf__WM #12 Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9569 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostThumperr, on 26 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

We can't use any aides whatsoever we have to build our own HTML and CSS.

Heh..... I used to write all of my Webpages in Notepad.

That was back at the beginning of the web when we used to code HTML for fun from the backs of our covered wagons.

I'm old.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Thumperr #13 Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 29 November 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

View PostThumperr, on 26 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

We can't use any aides whatsoever we have to build our own HTML and CSS.

Heh..... I used to write all of my Webpages in Notepad.

That was back at the beginning of the web when we used to code HTML for fun from the backs of our covered wagons.

I'm old.

Lol, we have to use Notpad++, I guess we get a few more oxen for our wagon.

Thumperr #14 Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I could use a little help.  For the page backgrounds I wanted to have wings, Like one page would have a P-51, another a Spitfire, a Yak or Lagg etc..  I'm finding it nearly impossible to find a top down view of any of them, I've even considered nice models but still no top down.  I've also thought about turning my graphics up and taking a shot in the hanger but it won't give me the right angle.

PressureLine #15 Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FTE] FTE

View PostThumperr, on 05 December 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I could use a little help.  For the page backgrounds I wanted to have wings, Like one page would have a P-51, another a Spitfire, a Yak or Lagg etc..  I'm finding it nearly impossible to find a top down view of any of them, I've even considered nice models but still no top down.  I've also thought about turning my graphics up and taking a shot in the hanger but it won't give me the right angle.

http://commons.wikim...ki/User:Kaboldy

EspressoForHammy #16 Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostThumperr, on 04 December 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Go into a training game and take your own shots! Use the Pause Break key for hi-def pics.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

pyantoryng #17 Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2169 battles

^

He's going to need the test server, because he's not going to work towards all those stuff in such a short notice on normal server...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

tadaaah #18 Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

• 0 battles
We are hoping to have the kit up and going with requirements for fan sites and such next week. :D

Thumperr #19 Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Thanks for the replies everyone, the project is due Monday December 9th.  Thinking about it having an image for a backdrop wouldn't be a good idea as things would be a little "busy", I'll probably post an image or two per page and figure out a nice solid background.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users