A slow start, But what are your expectations?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

SomeGuyFromXBox #1 Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

The game is starting out slow, Sorta like WoT, Remember all those guys who went "A game entirely about tanks? That sounds stupid!"

What a way wargaming has of making people eat their words, As WoT is now Global, has millions of fans and an eSports scene.

I have a feeling that the same may happen with this game.

But what do you think will happen to this game?

Yacla #2 Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Most games are slow to start, unless they get huge marketing backgrounds. World of Warplanes will be similar. There are going to be many hiccups and issues, however things will work themselves out. This games does have a lot of potential, and even e-sports capability, as a lot more of it will be skill based and knowing maneuvers and gaining advantages on your opponent. Just give it time.

Also World of Tanks has been out for how long now? Over 2 years, and now they are were it is. World of Warplanes gets that background, so it might get a bit of a headstart to everything. Time will tell though.

Mercsn #3 Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I've been having a blast with this game for almost six months.  After all that time (and some rather unpleasant bumps in the developmental road!) and after 3000 battles, the game is still fun.  I really look forward to which planes will be added next and how the devs will smooth out gameplay and competition across all lines.  The nice thing about this game is that it's FAST paced.  Plus, as long as the devs keep out the more malicious elements of WoT (sighting/hiding!) I think WoWP will appeal to a broad playerbase looking for a fast, fair fight.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

JDMFreakz #4 Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
They should 'balance' the planes firstt imo. Because soo many planes with no ability to fight others..

losttwo #5 Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4439 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJDMFreakz, on 24 November 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

They should 'balance' the planes firstt imo. Because soo many planes with no ability to fight others..

Really ? One of the reasons I do nto play WOT very much is how frustrating it is to be in a match and do no damage " that one bounced " The total mis-match of tiers such as a tier 5 light tank being in tier 10 matches with a canon that has no effect. I have never seen nor heard of that in WOWP. even a tier one that gets mis matched due to "flight" can damage another airplane.

From my own experience i have yet to fly any plane that I can not take out another aircraft...oh wait I did have a fighter acidently run into a GA once and it lived while I died but that is beside the point. I have had my tier 2 Ao-192 mis matched in a tier 5 battle and took 2 tier 5's down ( no ramming ) You can not do that in WOT.

I think this game will go on to be more popular than WOT due in part that one can kill anything.

Is there one single plane that can not kill another plane in this game ?

JDMFreakz #6 Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 25 November 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

View PostJDMFreakz, on 24 November 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Really ? One of the reasons I do nto play WOT very much is how frustrating it is to be in a match and do no damage " that one bounced " The total mis-match of tiers such as a tier 5 light tank being in tier 10 matches with a canon that has no effect. I have never seen nor heard of that in WOWP. even a tier one that gets mis matched due to "flight" can damage another airplane.

From my own experience i have yet to fly any plane that I can not take out another aircraft...oh wait I did have a fighter acidently run into a GA once and it lived while I died but that is beside the point. I have had my tier 2 Ao-192 mis matched in a tier 5 battle and took 2 tier 5's down ( no ramming ) You can not do that in WOT.

I think this game will go on to be more popular than WOT due in part that one can kill anything.

Is there one single plane that can not kill another plane in this game ?

I-16 (e) vs Javelin, can it? (no ramming)

Btw i dont meant a full inability to fight others, but less ability to fight, such as heavy Yaks vs heavy jets.. Those jets are plainly too fast (usually when climbing) to be hit.

amade #7 Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 452 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 25 November 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Really ? One of the reasons I do nto play WOT very much is how frustrating it is to be in a match and do no damage " that one bounced " The total mis-match of tiers such as a tier 5 light tank being in tier 10 matches with a canon that has no effect.

I gotta disagree. Being two tiers down on WoT isn't as difficult as being two tiers down in WoWP. If you know your tanks, know how to flank or to aim for weakspots being 2 tiers down is not a problem. As for light tanks, they're scouts, vision control is one of the most important aspects of WoT which makes good light tank players extremely valuable. Who cares if you don't do any damage if you got 6k+ spotting damage? Being two tiers down in WoWP is a whole lot tougher, especially after tier V when the focus is more on BnZ. In WoT, even if you're just average, you can keep out of harm's way and wait for an opportunity to sneak and flank. In WoWP, being average isn't good enough when you're 2 tiers down, staying alive as a low tier isn't as easy as it is in WoT.

CastorBean #8 Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
I played more WoT this weekend than WoWP. Got to a Tier II Russian TD and Tier II Russian Arty. (Arty may be nerfed, but working fine at Tier II.) Spent WoWP gold sending them to Tank Academy and adding camo paint. The WoT MM is far superior in Tier I. There will routinely be Tier I only battles. This CAN happen in WoWP, but very, very often the WoWP MM will bypass 30+, 35+, even 40+ Tier I's sitting in queue and instead stuff Tier II's into the Tier I battle. A simple defect to correct, but the priority scheme of the MM leads to this problem. As a result, WoT is just more entertaining. But, I came to WoWP to harvest 3x for my my Ar 80 (74% W/R), and Bf 109B (71% W/R), proving I can tough it out despite the MM if I have to. WoWP could become far more popular if it did not subject the lower tiers to MM abuse.

_Lindy_ #9 Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles

Honestly, I do not see the game changing tremendously from what you see now (and I do not say that in a negative way).  WOT has not really changed much, it had a couple new maps and tech trees added and expanded. However, other than that nothing new in the way of content or game modes, so I expect the same with WoWP.

datum perficiemus munus

WulfNose #10 Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Community Ace
  • 570 battles

A;sp played a few games in Wot. Upgraded my Wespe and took it out. I did not see the Arty Nerf either, but hard to compare with precision. Neither MM is as good as it could be, but the MM crowd is not interested in entertainment as a marketing plus. It will be nice with the WoT post-game analysis is imported to WoWp, and even their Achievements section. Still trying to decide how much energy to put into the Russian fighter line, or if I should just work to the IL-2. Sad to see it so nerfed. I wonder if the planes are tuned the same on each server? The 3x weekend was very helpful. We could use a dozen more maps. I suppose they take a lot of work, but double is more than twice as much varieity, when viewed from an individual player's perspective. Wulf

thyBane #11 Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 544 battles
Wulf . Seriously ! " I wonder if the planes are tuned the same on each server? " i laughed so hard . This myth is still alive ??? Really ?  It wad always Same despite where you play . Proven over 2 years ago on WoT . Otherwise imagine surprise of tourney teams traveling to russia or vise versa and finding tanks are different LOL . WoWP got same core idea. And i want to disagree on topic starter point . In tanks you can do ALOT more when even more than 2 difference in tiers . As someone posted earlier via scouting. In WoT you dont need to do damage to help a team . Hell i can be on t4-5 scout and be in t10 game and it would be a exp whoring ... Not disadvantage . People own ignorance stomping on them . And laziness prevent to learn properly to not repeat mistakes . Simply because they cant realize they made mistakes . So they got nothing to learn . Whats left ? Go cry on forum how world is unfair and how all this heats and conspiracy . Every day , every fckin day when i play wot people call me cheater/hacker , and so on . But i know why they call me that . They simply dont know all the tricks of the game and simply cant Imagine someone actually plays current game better than them. That creates frustration , and its fully deserve it.  Dont want to learn ? Lol then suffer !! Because not everybody so lazy or ignorant .

BitterClinger #12 Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I'm probably wrong about this, but it almost seems like the "soft launch" was intentional. There are still quite a few interface bugs and crash issues that are not insignificant. While they aren't anything that would prevent people from enjoying the game, they would be quite a support nightmare if the game was flooded with new players.

I think the game will improve with time and pick up users as it improves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users