Current Jet fighters

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

receptivex #1 Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I would like some opinions from the community to what you think is currently in service the most advanced jet fighter.

Panzer_Leader_3 #2 Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
F-35

If you see a Panzer flying a 109, you are probably already dead.-Me.
Normal expression of my enemies: --___--
Antigravity Squirrel reprograms your face.
#DontDissTanksFlyingPlanes

Lou #3 Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
F-22, in service. If everything works on the F-35, when it enters service,(i'm not counting the marines) it may be.

Bandet #4 Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Advanced? Probably f-35

However, the f-22 would likely win in a fight vs the f-35.

Tournament Honors :

Rank 1 in Crossover Event | Rank 1 in Launch Tournament

AuraDesru #5 Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Advance technology would be to the F-35. I think the PakFA is a very impresive aircraft compared to the F-22.

If I was ever put into a situation to fight other jets. I would choose a F-15, Su-35, PakFA, or a f-22 compared to the F-35.

Not a fan of the f-35

rip a-10

Edited by AuraDesru, 23 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Birdturd #6 Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I have a lot of respect for the F35 Joint Strike Fighter. I find it quite delightful how it's a VTOL.

RocketSpammer1 #7 Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I would say, tech wise, the F-35 will be, once it is fully fixed. In terms of all around dogfighting, I would go to F-22. In terms of compromise between the two, I'd go PakFA.

However, hands down, longevity, versatility of roles, and pure maneuvering ability, I would still say the A-10. They keep re-extending it's service dates, and are slated to potentially keep her in service until 2035-2042, unless a better platform can be found.

But, I say to you...

What other aircraft can perform all of the functions with pure confidence?

1) Forward air controller

2) Close Air Support

3) Danger Close strikes on enemy footholds.

4) Ground Attack

5) Still be able to defend itself against attacking fighters, then egress to the protection of friendly fighter/anti-aircraft batteries

6. Low altitude speed and performance with minimal loss in fuel range.

7. Double redundant hydraulics, and triple redunancy with manual reversion to full mechanical.

8) Durability of aircraft, with ability to sustain heavy damage and still land.

It is literally design so that it can lose over two thirds ofit's wing control surfaces, and still land.

from wiki:

Proof of the durability of the A-10 was shown when Captain Kim Campbell, flying a ground support mission over Baghdad during the 2003 invasion of Iraq on 7 April, suffered extensive flak damage to her A-10. Iraqi fire damaged one of the A-10's engines and crippled its hydraulic system, which required the aircraft's stabilizer and flight controls to be operated via the back-up mechanical system, this being known as 'manual reversion mode'. Despite this damage, Campbell managed to fly the aircraft for nearly an hour and landed safely.

Show me where that dirty IL-2M rockets you at night...

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

JDMFreakz #8 Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

advanced? F35

Multirole? Rafale

pure ownage? F22 or PAK-FA

Firepower? A10 hands down.

Heh #9 Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Tech you say? Well the F-35 wins with that, but it still stinks. That's implying produced planes.

Air combat? Right now the F-22 is hard to match except with the very rare Su-35. But if the PAK FA gets produced, it may be able to beat it in short range fights and rapid kill tactics.

Multirole may also go to a PAK FA variant with 2 GSh-30-1 cannons since the F-22 is a fully-bred air superiority ninja, but I guess the F-15E or the Rafales can take the spot.

Bomber? B-2, although Russia still has to release their PAK DA, let alone make a prototype.

Sky whales? The A-10 is already a very good one, but people forget about the good old Frogfoot, with its incredibly large portable artillery shells rockets. The A-10 is better at tank hunting and in terms of general resilience to fire, but the Frogfoot is better at bunker busting imo due to how fast the rockets are compared to the A-10's Paveway bombs, while the former still have roughly the same explosive weight as some of the Paveways. I also somewhat like the extra speed of the Su-25.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

JDMFreakz #10 Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHeh, on 24 November 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Tech you say? Well the F-35 wins with that, but it still stinks. That's implying produced planes.

Air combat? Right now the F-22 is hard to match except with the very rare Su-35. But if the PAK FA gets produced, it may be able to beat it in short range fights and rapid kill tactics.

Multirole may also go to a PAK FA variant with 2 GSh-30-1 cannons since the F-22 is a fully-bred air superiority ninja, but I guess the F-15E or the Rafales can take the spot.

Bomber? B-2, although Russia still has to release their PAK DA, let alone make a prototype.

Sky whales? The A-10 is already a very good one, but people forget about the good old Frogfoot, with its incredibly large portable artillery shells rockets. The A-10 is better at tank hunting and in terms of general resilience to fire, but the Frogfoot is better at bunker busting imo due to how fast the rockets are compared to the A-10's Paveway bombs, while the former still have roughly the same explosive weight as some of the Paveways. I also somewhat like the extra speed of the Su-25.

The cannon makes the A10 better than SU-25..

Btw i think i forgot if Frogfoots can attach some extra cannons too lol

Bandet #11 Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I remember in one BF1942 desert combat mod server, it actually had p51 mustangs in the corner.

It was funny, you could fly around and try to shoot down f-16s. You could out turn them like crazy but they were so fast.

Tournament Honors :

Rank 1 in Crossover Event | Rank 1 in Launch Tournament

Heh #12 Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostJDMFreakz, on 24 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

The cannon makes the A10 better than SU-25..

Btw i think i forgot if Frogfoots can attach some extra cannons too lol

The Su-25 is a large caliber rocket platform. But yes, the A-10 has that huge cannon advantage along with a few other weapons such as Paveways and bomblet dispensers similar to the IL-2's PTABs. The Su-25 just has it better with bunkers and speed, while the A-10 is superior in general CAS and tank busting.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Highlord #13 Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostPanzer_Leader_3, on 23 November 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

F-35

F-35 isn't in service. And it is in fact a pile of garbage that is constantly being redesigned, reworked, redveloped and set back to milk more money out of the military procurement budget. The project needs to be scrapped, the leads fired and the funds seized for breach of contract. It's an 857 billion-dollars-a-year white elephant. Just like the F-22 it's a Cold War project that's been kept in development because all the refusing-to-die-already cold warrior jackoffs in the Pentagon refuse to beleive it's not the 1980's anymore.

As for what the US's most advancet fighter in service, thats a no-brainer. The F-15E. And if the powers that be had the intelligence to pour piss out of a boot, it'd be the F-15SE.

***I didn't say the F-22, because one really can't consider it "in service" unless one is talking about the constant maintenance cycle from the supremely stressful action of being grounded in a climate controlled hangar year round. The thing can't even be left out in a strong rain shower without needing a couple weeks and a few million to reapply it's RAM coating. I'd hate to see what happens to it if it ever gets used, you know, in a combat situation.

Edited by Highlord, 02 December 2013 - 04:35 AM.

Pogo68 #14 Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostHighlord, on 02 December 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

View PostPanzer_Leader_3, on 23 November 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

F-35

F-35 isn't in service. And it is in fact a pile of garbage that is constantly being redesigned, reworked, redveloped and set back to milk more money out of the military procurement budget. The project needs to be scrapped, the leads fired and the funds seized for breach of contract. It's an 857 billion-dollars-a-year white elephant. Just like the F-22 it's a Cold War project that's been kept in development because all the refusing-to-die-already cold warrior jackoffs in the Pentagon refuse to beleive it's not the 1980's anymore.

As for what the US's most advancet fighter in service, thats a no-brainer. The F-15E. And if the powers that be had the intelligence to pour piss out of a boot, it'd be the F-15SE.

***I didn't say the F-22, because one really can't consider it "in service" unless one is talking about the constant maintenance cycle from the supremely stressful action of being grounded in a climate controlled hangar year round. The thing can't even be left out in a strong rain shower without needing a couple weeks and a few million to reapply it's RAM coating. I'd hate to see what happens to it if it ever gets used, you know, in a combat situation.

Not a fan of the 22, but it seems to be a fairly good plane.

Though I must admit, the report that an entire flight got turned into stealthy piper cubs that had to be led back home by their tankers when crossing the international date line caused their uber high tech electronics to go crash was quite amusing.

Also the one which the pilot had to be cut out of the cockpit after the canopy refused to open.

The F-35, is a prime example of what happens when the company spreads out the project into almost every congressional district.

It could be the worst aircraft ever built since the spruce goose and the US will still buy it and praise it as the best thing since the invention of the wheel. it's that well protected.

It's also the poster child for the self perpetuating cost inflation that come with the swiss army knife of airplanes concept.

Frankly there is very little that is in the F-35 that can't be installed into a more conventional (read cheaper) aircraft.