50 years ago today..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

vac_mo #1 Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

I was in high school senior year, a girl in the class had gone to the ladies room. When she returned she was crying and white as a ghost. the teacher asked her what was wrong, after a minute or so the girl was able to say the president has been shot.

No one wanted to belive it..it had to be a mistake no way JFK had been shot..A few minutes later we were told over the PA system that JFK had been shot..school was let out early..

Every one was in shock, talk was he will be ok its probably just a flesh wound. No questions of why or who just hope he would be OK.

A while later Walter Cronkite told the world that JFK had died.

RIP JFK

God bless America.

vac_mo

vac_mo #2 Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

Just wanted to add that to those of us kids back then JFK was our hero, our hope for the future as he was the youngest president to have that office.

vac_mo

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Captain

• 47 battles
I imagine some of you have your “I was doing…” moments when you heard the news.  I remember being so young and foolish as a child when the news broadcasts of the assassination was interfering with my cartoon time. How dare he (the President) interrupt my cartoons. Of course later on you don’t realize your childish actions until you mature. Even my mother witness the death of Lee Harvey Oswald live on TV like many Americans later on.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

FreeFOXMIKE #4 Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 3308 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

REMEMBER CAMELOT

our camelot:sad:

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 22 November 2013 - 03:54 PM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Alo8ight #5 Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Figured I'd share this with everyone, in memory of JFK:

http://www.usatoday....-plaza/3673711/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users