SALUTE?

salute chat symbol salutes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Salute? (28 members have cast votes)

Which is the correct symbol for Salute?

1. o7 (13 votes [46.43%])

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

2. <o (14 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. o> (1 vote [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Hide poll

Traurig_Yoda #21 Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 22 November 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

View PostTraurig_Yoda, on 22 November 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 22 November 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

View PostTraurig_Yoda, on 22 November 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Internet noobs would use <0 0>   greater than and less than have always been noses and ears.  
O7 goes back 14 + years as a military salute in and around Delta Force.. September 30, 1998

I highly doubt that. Do you have any proof?? Everyone in the military knows that when you salute you arm is supposed to be straight, not have a curve in it.

View PostZandrax, on 22 November 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I did a little research according Internetslang.com o7 is the slang for a Salute.

http://www.internets...-definition.asp

exactly back in the Nova logic Delta Force.. September 30, 1998 days it was definitely the way we did it. Ofcourse intenetnewbies want to change or make it their own, who cares? not me!

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 22 November 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 21 November 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

<>

That is the proper salue. How any one can see a salute in o7 is beyond me? 

VERY -VERY SIMPLE in fact here Ill show you if you follow the simple unwritten rule of a typed emoticon you take the paper its written on gently rotate the whole sheet of paper until the top is now on the right side ( thats a clockwise rotation) and now it look like a single ,or a single row of soldiers bring a hand up to render a salute ( with the tail of the seven being where the shoulder starts the downward V being the elbow bend) oh wait maybe it to much Imagination.

"

Zandrax, on 22 November 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I did a little research according Internetslang.com o7 is the slang for a Salute.

http://www.internets...-definition.asp

exactly back in the Nova logic Delta Force.. September 30, 1998 

Actualy I thinK  it was even a little bit  later During the F-22-L3 days of Novalogic, Delta became a more populer game and grew so fast as the F-22 population stagnated that they closed the F-22 servers and used them for the up and then coming DeltaForce GAMES. 

The title of the game was derived from the proposed name of the F-22, but by 1999 (the game's release year), the USAF had officially named the F22 the Raptor, rather than Lightning. F-22 Lightning 3 failed to exhibit physics modeling comparable to the physics displayed in ( a competors game)which was released 2 years earlier. This was later explained by NovaLogic, which claimed a 'hard core' military flight simulator was never intended, but an easily approachable multiplayer platform was the actual aim in producing the game.

Woah I'm confused. Are you guys talking about the actual Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta aka SFOD-D aka Delta Force or are you talking about a game called Delta Force? Because I was under the impression we were talking about the Spec Ops Unit and now I'm really confuzled!! :amazed:

mmo by nova logic went live 1998/99.

_Lindy_ #22 Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles

Could we possibly find something ******* dumber to argue about?

datum perficiemus munus

NathanFlightLeader #23 Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostTraurig_Yoda, on 23 November 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

mmo by nova logic went live 1998/99.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I was going to say "Why would a Special Forces Unit invent a military salute"?

View PostLindy, on 23 November 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Could we possibly find something ******* dumber to argue about?

Yes. Why does she have three stars on her Uniform but only two on her hat? She should have three on her hat! :trollface:

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

Rip5aw #24 Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 178 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Stars? I don't see any stars.... Posted Image

CastorBean #25 Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
What we need are even more threads on this topic. o7 to my fellow pilots, and have a great Thanksgiving! The bird has been thawing in the fridge since Monday morning. Buddha's hand fruitcake a great hit, Woot!

Also tagged with salute, chat, symbol, salutes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users