• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #21 Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postpappabear, on 21 November 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Instead of running bomb on it run rockets. With rockets it's afun plane and you'd be suprised how many players will go head to head with you and eat a rocket.

43 rocketeers so far! You very rarely win a head on with a peg.The cannon is a lot stronger then it appears too,someone said it was due to metric imperial conversion but if you hit someone with it the hp damage is large.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 25 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

DirtyWings #22 Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
If using bombs you wana be flying low.. as soon as u get 1 on your tail you bomb him.. dont waste bombs on targets with that plane its your only def. Put on some incent bullets and use mg to kill ground, bombs for planes. And only use boost to get a quicker turn. this is my advice for you if you wana keep the bombs on it

Chuck_norris10 #23 Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
80 rocketeers on the Pegasus so far.I may stop at 100 but rocketing rammers got addicting.

Psychotic_God #24 Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I play my peg using rockets and love it. I take out 4-5 ground targets then switch to fighting planes. Its a fun little plane. Just gotta get past seeing 5-6 of your team mates crashing into the ground and putting your team in the negative.

Then again, that is half the fun.

lordelamin #25 Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
I sat my peggy in the shed, now it's time to dust it off and see if any 110 wants to dance head on.

lordelamin #26 Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
Ok, forgot it is a tier II aircraft. So no bf110 for me, unlike beta. But I did catch an F3F coming in head on. First Rocketry badge since release! The trick is to catch some yolo coming head on, and then bust him! Had a second try at it, but failed, somehow I missed a great big Russian GA! How dat happun? LOL!

Nelson2011 #27 Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
killed a tsh-3 1000m away with 3 rockets earlier this morning lol.. he was flying low and i was up just a bit above optimal and launched them a good distance ahead of him not direct hits, but the splash got him ...ha

Chuck_norris10 #28 Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postlordelamin, on 04 January 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

Ok, forgot it is a tier II aircraft. So no bf110 for me, unlike beta. But I did catch an F3F coming in head on. First Rocketry badge since release! The trick is to catch some yolo coming head on, and then bust him! Had a second try at it, but failed, somehow I missed a great big Russian GA! How dat happun? LOL!

I got my 100th rocketeer yesterday in the peg. You learn which route incoming takes after awhile and 1 out of 5 will break away from a target run if you present yourself just right and get their attention by plinking a few shots at them. I only do a few runs and they catch on to you so I switch to bombs because you will not believe how many people that don't realize the pegs very slow and they will fly right into you or under you if you play the controlled stall just right. Many times I have 4 or 5 right on my tail susceptible to a surface bombing or right in the air. Ariel bombing in the peg is very easy,the targets just flock to the slow moving death machine and then fight to not stall staying behind it. The secret to bombing them in the air is to listen for the sound of the engine and when it's loudest they are usually directly below you and will die in the air.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 04 January 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Wolfrum #29 Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I have finally started playing this little GA in my Hangar, gotta admit it is pretty cool. Now I just need to figure out how to get myself some Rocket Kills with it :)

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

Chuck_norris10 #30 Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWolfrum, on 04 January 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I have finally started playing this little GA in my Hangar, gotta admit it is pretty cool. Now I just need to figure out how to get myself some Rocket Kills with it :)

-Wolf

Half the fun is luring someone away from their plan.Keep it at about 160 kph when meeting a head on and save the boost,it really shakes the plane and will screw up your aim.Dont fire until you see the whites of their eyes. lol!

lordelamin #31 Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 04 January 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

I got my 100th rocketeer yesterday in the peg. You learn which route incoming takes after awhile and 1 out of 5 will break away from a target run if you present yourself just right and get their attention by plinking a few shots at them. I only do a few runs and they catch on to you so I switch to bombs because you will not believe how many people that don't realize the pegs very slow and they will fly right into you or under you if you play the controlled stall just right. Many times I have 4 or 5 right on my tail susceptible to a surface bombing or right in the air. Ariel bombing in the peg is very easy,the targets just flock to the slow moving death machine and then fight to not stall staying behind it. The secret to bombing them in the air is to listen for the sound of the engine and when it's loudest they are usually directly below you and will die in the air.

Yes, I'm rusty at it. Had about 25 rocket kills in beta.

Chuck_norris10 #32 Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Rocketing peeps and rammers is only half the fun in a peg. Once you run out of rockets  it's time to switch it up a bit and get some nubs on your 6 and you accomplish this by going after a low flying fighter and soon you will have 3 or 4 on your tail whittling down your hp and this is where the fun begins.

Most folks dont realize the peg will fly stupidly slow,so slow you can practically stop and wait for enemy to overshoot you,some try stay behind and drop into the ocean because they cant fly as slow as a Pega and stall out,when the bullets from behind stop you know the tail is furiously wrestling his controls,mouse or buttons in an attempt to stay aloft and behind you for that one sweet shot.One tactic is to fake a climb,the pegs got good afterburners and they will anticipate this,after about a half second you just throttle back to a controlled stall and drop the nose and gamble at which side the bad guys going to turn when he realizes he is now directly in front of you. Not long ago I had 3 on me and by useing this tactic I watched each one of them overshoot me 4 times each and they kept circling around for another run I would be laughing so hard I would crash.When you get that many on your tail your mission is pretty well now a suicide run so you take out what you can and by shooting them as they over fly you eventually those few shots from the pegs killer guns takes it's toll.

When I first flew the peg I wondered why anyone would fly an aircraft like this? It's a floating bullseye!

Then I utilized it solely in my war against rammers because of it's 9 rockets and started to turn what I thought were it's weaknesses into it's strengths!

I started getting 3 and 4 kills every battle with it along with the rocketeer just because you can literally stop that thing in mid air,have a spot of tea and then drop and chop.

Pega pilots are like the kamikaze pilots,they dont expect to come back or survive.

They fly to rocket a heavy or a rammer and then they become bait for all the nubs in biplanes and divert the enemy fighters away from the team and weaken or kill as many as possible before a mid air collision in a failed drop and chop sends him to the waters below.

We rarely make it to the battle before anyone else because of our speed but I love this wide winged wonder and have 531 kills on it now and rocketeer #121.

So dust off those Pegas folks and polish up those wooden props.

If they get on to your rocketeering ways put bombs on for a few battles!

triptyx #33 Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Flying Llama

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA
Going to have to pull mine out.  I've never had a rocket kill in over a year of playing, it will be fun to learn.  :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users