Republic P-43 Lancer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Scinfaxi #1 Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Welcome to another addition of Warplane Wednesday, where i bring attention to rare, unique, or just left out aircraft not featured in the game currently, and give it the spotlight for all to talk about and enjoy.

This week is a fast and protected little plane that might not have been the best fighter, but proved itself in recon, its the P-43!

The Republic P-43 Lancer was a single-engine, all-metal, low-wing monoplane fighter aircraft built by Republic, first delivered to the United States Army Air Corps in 1940. A proposed development was the P-44 Rocket. While no world-beater as a fighter, the P-43A had a very good high-altitude performance coupled with an effective oxygen system. Fast and well-armed with excellent long-range capabilities, until the arrival of the P-38, the Lancer was the only Allied fighter capable of catching a Japanese Mitsubishi Ki-46 "Dinah" "recon bird" at the speeds and heights at which they flew. In addition, the P-43 flew many long-range, high-altitude photo recon missions until replaced by F-4/F-5 Lightnings (P-38 variants) in both the USAAF and RAAF.

Source:

https://en.wikipedia...lic_P-43_Lancer

"Did you know there are three kind of aces? Those who seek strength. Those who live for pride. And those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three." - Larry "Pixy" Foulke (Ace Combat Zero)

Bandet #2 Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

No picture?

Cmon.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Alpha_Mike_Foxtrot #3 Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

Dr. Squirrely: Resident professor of Insanity

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [RTSB] RTSB
Could make a fun tier 4-5 premium.  Nice find

Signature by Nyphe and Razre

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostAlpha_Mike_Foxtrot, on 23 November 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Could make a fun tier 4-5 premium.  Nice find

I would expect it to be part of the same tree as the P-47 since it's the same manufacturer.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Heh #5 Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBandet, on 23 November 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

No picture?

Cmon.

Looks like a Buffie.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Scinfaxi #6 Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

View PostBandet, on 23 November 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

No picture?

Cmon.

due to this new forum setup, i can't uplad any images fromt he net anywhere. If you find a way let me know.

"Did you know there are three kind of aces? Those who seek strength. Those who live for pride. And those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three." - Larry "Pixy" Foulke (Ace Combat Zero)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users