Jump to content


Boom And Zoom Guide


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

AuraDesru #1 Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

BOOM AND ZOOM GUIDE   Made by AuraDesru

 

Hello World of Warplane Users,

 

Today, I will be talking about a fighting style called, Boom And Zoom. This concept was very popular among many aces in WW2 and was very effective during aerial combat. Boom and zoom basically takes advantage of your position being higher then the enemy, therefore having more energy and being faster then the enemy below you. Energy is very important during this tenique because it insures you that you can manuever and get your plane to safety from the enemy. A plane without energy (Your target below you) will have drawbacks to engaging you because he/she will not be able to:

1: Chase you because his/her plane doesn't have the speed to chase you, resulting in a stall

2: He/she can't dive because her/his plane has barly enough space to invade except banking right or left

3: If he/she turns her plane to the left or right, resulting in loosing speed ( keeping your plane fast is important in aerial combat)

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boom and zoom consists of 4 phases ( Excuse the name). Your plane will Climb, Dive, Boom and then zoom. Basically you climb to get a higher alt on your target that you sek. You then dive on him and shoot him (boom). You use the energy that you gained from your dive and climb all the way back to safety from the enemy in the zoom. (It's kinda of like a drive by....)

^This diagram shows you how boom and zoom should look like when you do it correctly. Plane Red is going to be at a higher alt than plane blue. Once he spotted plane blue, he will dive on him and shoot plane blue to begin the boom. Once plane blue has realized he has a enemy on his six. (If Plane blue doesn't die of course) Plane blue will try to pursue plane red if he is foolish enough to.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This video will show/teach you an example of how it's done properly...

0:00 - 0:09 ( I've already climbed to 1300 meters and scanned the skies and picked my target) Phase 1

0:09 - 0:16 ( I began to dive on the target) Phase 2

0:16 - 0:19 ( I started doing the boom ( shoot the enemy) ) Phase 3

0:19 - 0:34 ( I used my energy to zoom up and have the P-36 stall)

I didn't kill him on my first pass but notice that I didn't turn because I didn't get enough shots into him but kept patient and played it safe by completeing the phases. Then I repeated the steps of the boom and zoom to kill my enemy. Boom and Zoom takes a lot of patience and self control. You can't be greedy or you'll get yourself into a bad situation.

 

 

Other Notes:

Something that you should keep in mind is what kind of aircraft your flying. For example, BF109 and the P-40 are excellent boom and zoomers because of the dive and climb rate they have. They're really good light fighters that can boom and zoom. If we are to talk about the german heavy fighter line. They're all pure boom and zoomers with excelent firepower and climb rate. Russians, Japanese, and British Light planes usually don't do well doing this concept because they can't climb as well as the american or german planes. They're more suited to a different play style called turn and burn. ( Which I will cover in another guide or something ). Make sure you have a aircraft that can climb and dive well. Those are essential to making BnZ work. Another thing you might keep in notice is to always look around your surroundings before you boom and zoom.  ( hint: Those Germany heavy fighters.....) ALWAYS.. I can't express this enough... ALWAYS check your surroundings for planes higher then you because if they catch you on your zoom. You're probably dead because your in a stall or slower then he/she is. So always check your six and everywhere around you for enemy fighters. You should also check in the loading battle screen with your competetion. They'll always show whether your manueverable or faster then him/her's plane. Knowing your planes and what they can do and can't do is important in aerial combat.

 

Anyways, remember the four phases of boom and zoom.

Phase 1 : Climb

Phase 2: Dive

Phase 3: Boom

Phase 4: Zoom

 

If you remember these phases and do them correctly and properly with PATIENCE AND SELF CONTROL ( LOOKING AT YOU GREEDY PLAYERS O_O).

You'll probably exceed and enjoy your aircraft way more then you got it the first time because you were playing it wrong xD.

 

Thanks for reading.. Hoped this help <3

 

-Aura

 

 


Edited by AuraDesru, 20 November 2013 - 07:26 AM.


Cielo #2 Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2834 battles
  • 90
  • [PLOT] PLOT
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Gud guide! +1

Edited by Cielo, 18 November 2013 - 06:15 AM.

"This eye in the sky has got you covered!"

World of Warplanes forum's delta wing fanatic and Italian fighter lover...


AuraDesru #3 Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Thnx

Mr_R #4 Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5392 battles
  • 690
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-15-2013
Got to say.. this is very much what i do :D so its what you should do if u want to be good ... i would say you have to put in which targets to choose.. and for me it goes by plane , then player , which means go for planes that can climb with you (like a P51A if ur in a 109F) and go for them , then go by who you know is the biggest threat.. good tips

Full name : MrRepublican,    Clan : Wraith Squad  - K to D 5.75........Survive Rate 65.43%......... Avg. Damage : 576- Plays off of Laptop with Wallzmart Mouse - YEP !! a hacker for sure

 


losttwo #5 Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,453
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
Great tutorial thanks for taking your time to make it.

Heh #6 Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I find that you should have ran away in a way so that there's no way for the P-36 to cut you off. Aside from that, this is pretty much what I do, except that I add a hint of horizontal turning in there to annoy the tailgater even more.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

AuraDesru #7 Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHeh, on 18 November 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

I find that you should have ran away in a way so that there's no way for the P-36 to cut you off. Aside from that, this is pretty much what I do, except that I add a hint of horizontal turning in there to annoy the tailgater even more.
There is no reason to run from a tier 4 plane with weak power to weight ratio. I'm faster and climb higher then him. I can get away from teh situation better then he can from me. That's because you play keyboard instead of mouse aim. Gunnery is harder for you xD

Heh #8 Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAuraDesru, on 18 November 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

There is no reason to run from a tier 4 plane with weak power to weight ratio. I'm faster and climb higher then him. I can get away from teh situation better then he can from me. That's because you play keyboard instead of mouse aim. Gunnery is harder for you xD

All I'm saying is that climbing too steeply can give the guy a nice deflection shot if you're not careful. Against J7Ws and other hard-hitting turnfighters, this is a very painful mistake.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Skyefire #9 Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 68 battles
  • 122
  • Member since:
    05-28-2013
Awesome tutorial! Time to try this out today!

AuraDesru #10 Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHeh, on 18 November 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostAuraDesru, on 18 November 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

There is no reason to run from a tier 4 plane with weak power to weight ratio. I'm faster and climb higher then him. I can get away from teh situation better then he can from me. That's because you play keyboard instead of mouse aim. Gunnery is harder for you xD

All I'm saying is that climbing too steeply can give the guy a nice deflection shot if you're not careful. Against J7Ws and other hard-hitting turnfighters, this is a very painful mistake.


IT's why you bank right and left..

Don't forget that  guns are weak at somepoint. 7.62 with ap rounds are useless at 600 meters going up

Fighting gravity and the force



Alo8ight #11 Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 722 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostAuraDesru, on 17 November 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Hello World of Warplane Users,

 

Today, I will be talking about a fighting style called, Boom And Zoom. This concept was very popular among many aces in WW2 and was very effective during aerial combat. Boom and zoom basically takes advantage of your position being higher then the enemy, therefore having more energy and being faster then the enemy below you. Energy is very important during this tenique because it insures you that you can manuever and get your plane to safety from the enemy. A plane without energy (Your target below you) will have drawbacks to engaging you because he/she will not be able to:

1: Chase you because his/her plane doesn't have the speed to chase you, resulting in a stall

2: He/she can't dive because her/his plane has barly enough space to invade except banking right or left

3: If he/she turns her plane to the left or right, resulting in loosing speed ( keeping your plane fast is important in aerial combat)

 

Boom and zoom consists of 4 phases ( Excuse the name). Your plane will Climb, Dive, Boom and then zoom. Basically you climb to get a higher alt on your target that you sek. You then dive on him and shoot him (boom). You use the energy that you gained from your dive and climb all the way back to safety from the enemy in the zoom. (It's kinda of like a drive by....)

 

Good guide AuraDesru!

 

Basic and straight to the point. Now time to practice BnZ's:izmena:



AuraDesru #12 Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAlo8ight, on 19 November 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostAuraDesru, on 17 November 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Hello World of Warplane Users,

 

Today, I will be talking about a fighting style called, Boom And Zoom. This concept was very popular among many aces in WW2 and was very effective during aerial combat. Boom and zoom basically takes advantage of your position being higher then the enemy, therefore having more energy and being faster then the enemy below you. Energy is very important during this tenique because it insures you that you can manuever and get your plane to safety from the enemy. A plane without energy (Your target below you) will have drawbacks to engaging you because he/she will not be able to:

1: Chase you because his/her plane doesn't have the speed to chase you, resulting in a stall

2: He/she can't dive because her/his plane has barly enough space to invade except banking right or left

3: If he/she turns her plane to the left or right, resulting in loosing speed ( keeping your plane fast is important in aerial combat)

 

Boom and zoom consists of 4 phases ( Excuse the name). Your plane will Climb, Dive, Boom and then zoom. Basically you climb to get a higher alt on your target that you sek. You then dive on him and shoot him (boom). You use the energy that you gained from your dive and climb all the way back to safety from the enemy in the zoom. (It's kinda of like a drive by....)

 

Good guide AuraDesru!

 

Basic and straight to the point. Now time to practice BnZ's:izmena:


I like it short and right to the point

I don't feel like a guide for a video game needs the history and who did the manuevers. I just want to get straight forward into the action so...

Hope people likes it :S



mizer67 #13 Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1121 battles
  • 916
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

Good guide, however, you should really try to avoid diving that far below your target after your attack. Try a shallower angle or begin pulling out sooner.

 

He was well above you after your initial pass, which meant you had to burn more energy to escape while he could conserve his own. Pull out of your dive sooner so you can escape without burning all your boost. It really seemed like it took forever for you to pull out of that dive for some reason in the video.

 

An inexperienced pilot will still chase you up and stall, giving you the opportunity to dive on a nice stationary target.



AuraDesru #14 Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmizer67, on 19 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Good guide, however, you should really try to avoid diving that far below your target after your attack. Try a shallower angle or begin pulling out sooner.

 

He was well above you after your initial pass, which meant you had to burn more energy to escape while he could conserve his own. Pull out of your dive sooner so you can escape without burning all your boost. It really seemed like it took forever for you to pull out of that dive for some reason in the video.

 

An inexperienced pilot will still chase you up and stall, giving you the opportunity to dive on a nice stationary target.


Since I'm using mouse aim and I was looking at him. My plane had turned a bit to go where my mouse pointed but then I quickly corrected myself to go for that zoom. I wasn't afraid of the P-36 because he wasted a lot of energy already turning and he wouldn't even be able to catch me because of his weak engine and my better aircraft design for climbing. My crew wasn't fully 100% so..

HEAVEYGEAR #15 Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5632 battles
  • 785
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

+1 Nice guide. I'm acktually working on that at the moment.

 




I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

AuraDesru #16 Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Updated the guide with a diagram.

Hopefully it helps a little bit with the explanation.


Edited by AuraDesru, 20 November 2013 - 07:08 AM.


mizer67 #17 Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1121 battles
  • 916
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostAuraDesru, on 20 November 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

View Postmizer67, on 19 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Good guide, however, you should really try to avoid diving that far below your target after your attack. Try a shallower angle or begin pulling out sooner.

 

He was well above you after your initial pass, which meant you had to burn more energy to escape while he could conserve his own. Pull out of your dive sooner so you can escape without burning all your boost. It really seemed like it took forever for you to pull out of that dive for some reason in the video.

 

An inexperienced pilot will still chase you up and stall, giving you the opportunity to dive on a nice stationary target.


Since I'm using mouse aim and I was looking at him. My plane had turned a bit to go where my mouse pointed but then I quickly corrected myself to go for that zoom. I wasn't afraid of the P-36 because he wasted a lot of energy already turning and he wouldn't even be able to catch me because of his weak engine and my better aircraft design for climbing. My crew wasn't fully 100% so..


Yes, you're in a V vs. a IV that can't climb well. You easily outclassed him in your aircraft so you could get away with any imperfections in your technique. That's all I was trying to point out to help you.

 

To a second point: The P-36 was no real threat. You were outnumbered ~6 to 2 with other BnZ aircraft in that mix if I remember correctly from the video. You would have been better off continuing to climb and selecting a more dangerous target. There was no way he was going to catch or hit you down low like he was.

 

By attacking him you exposed yourself to attack from his buddies without an energy advantage. If you'd continued to climb, you had a better chance against bad odds since the enemy wouldn't be able to get up high with you all at once and you could pick them apart piecemeal, since you would have more stored energy.



AuraDesru #18 Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmizer67, on 20 November 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

View PostAuraDesru, on 20 November 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

View Postmizer67, on 19 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Good guide, however, you should really try to avoid diving that far below your target after your attack. Try a shallower angle or begin pulling out sooner.

 

He was well above you after your initial pass, which meant you had to burn more energy to escape while he could conserve his own. Pull out of your dive sooner so you can escape without burning all your boost. It really seemed like it took forever for you to pull out of that dive for some reason in the video.

 

An inexperienced pilot will still chase you up and stall, giving you the opportunity to dive on a nice stationary target.


Since I'm using mouse aim and I was looking at him. My plane had turned a bit to go where my mouse pointed but then I quickly corrected myself to go for that zoom. I wasn't afraid of the P-36 because he wasted a lot of energy already turning and he wouldn't even be able to catch me because of his weak engine and my better aircraft design for climbing. My crew wasn't fully 100% so..


Yes, you're in a V vs. a IV that can't climb well. You easily outclassed him in your aircraft so you could get away with any imperfections in your technique. That's all I was trying to point out to help you.

 

To a second point: The P-36 was no real threat. You were outnumbered ~6 to 2 with other BnZ aircraft in that mix if I remember correctly from the video. You would have been better off continuing to climb and selecting a more dangerous target. There was no way he was going to catch or hit you down low like he was.

 

By attacking him you exposed yourself to attack from his buddies without an energy advantage. If you'd continued to climb, you had a better chance against bad odds since the enemy wouldn't be able to get up high with you all at once and you could pick them apart piecemeal, since you would have more stored energy.


Did I mention I won that game?

It's not always about the situation or outclassed. Again, I knew that I was clear from other aircraft since 2 min in the game everyone was low and everyone was using XP-77 and turn and burn aircrafts. I had nothing to fear. Would I have been better climbing? Not realy because as much Il-2 not being feared for taking out aircrafts. I would of given him a 1 min advantage into capturing and filling out the bar. He was close to after I delt with all the heavy fighters and all the aircraft. I come from War Thunder and HB. I know how to handle myself when the situation is out numbered. I knew my aircraft advantage over the enemy. I knew that no one was near me and that the P-36 that passed by me woulnd't have enough energy to chase me after I engaged his buddy. I counted that the enemy planes were already engaging the frendly fighters early on in the match.

"By attacking him you exposed yourself to attack from his buddies without an energy advantage. "

I had nothing to worry about because they were half way across the map lower then me.

This is why World of Warplanes is harder then wot. There is so many varibles that have to be put into perspective and predicted upon. It's why I tell people in my guide to PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SITUATION and also to know by heart what your aircraft can do and what your aircraft cant do. It's more simpler in wowp then it is in war thunder. War thunder takes into engine control and engine failure due to non fuel inject engines and etc.



mizer67 #19 Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1121 battles
  • 916
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostAuraDesru, on 21 November 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

View Postmizer67, on 20 November 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

View PostAuraDesru, on 20 November 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

View Postmizer67, on 19 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Good guide, however, you should really try to avoid diving that far below your target after your attack. Try a shallower angle or begin pulling out sooner.

 

He was well above you after your initial pass, which meant you had to burn more energy to escape while he could conserve his own. Pull out of your dive sooner so you can escape without burning all your boost. It really seemed like it took forever for you to pull out of that dive for some reason in the video.

 

An inexperienced pilot will still chase you up and stall, giving you the opportunity to dive on a nice stationary target.


Since I'm using mouse aim and I was looking at him. My plane had turned a bit to go where my mouse pointed but then I quickly corrected myself to go for that zoom. I wasn't afraid of the P-36 because he wasted a lot of energy already turning and he wouldn't even be able to catch me because of his weak engine and my better aircraft design for climbing. My crew wasn't fully 100% so..


Yes, you're in a V vs. a IV that can't climb well. You easily outclassed him in your aircraft so you could get away with any imperfections in your technique. That's all I was trying to point out to help you.

 

To a second point: The P-36 was no real threat. You were outnumbered ~6 to 2 with other BnZ aircraft in that mix if I remember correctly from the video. You would have been better off continuing to climb and selecting a more dangerous target. There was no way he was going to catch or hit you down low like he was.

 

By attacking him you exposed yourself to attack from his buddies without an energy advantage. If you'd continued to climb, you had a better chance against bad odds since the enemy wouldn't be able to get up high with you all at once and you could pick them apart piecemeal, since you would have more stored energy.


Did I mention I won that game?

It's not always about the situation or outclassed. Again, I knew that I was clear from other aircraft since 2 min in the game everyone was low and everyone was using XP-77 and turn and burn aircrafts. I had nothing to fear. Would I have been better climbing? Not realy because as much Il-2 not being feared for taking out aircrafts. I would of given him a 1 min advantage into capturing and filling out the bar. He was close to after I delt with all the heavy fighters and all the aircraft. I come from War Thunder and HB. I know how to handle myself when the situation is out numbered. I knew my aircraft advantage over the enemy. I knew that no one was near me and that the P-36 that passed by me woulnd't have enough energy to chase me after I engaged his buddy. I counted that the enemy planes were already engaging the frendly fighters early on in the match.

"By attacking him you exposed yourself to attack from his buddies without an energy advantage. "

I had nothing to worry about because they were half way across the map lower then me.

This is why World of Warplanes is harder then wot. There is so many varibles that have to be put into perspective and predicted upon. It's why I tell people in my guide to PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SITUATION and also to know by heart what your aircraft can do and what your aircraft cant do. It's more simpler in wowp then it is in war thunder. War thunder takes into engine control and engine failure due to non fuel inject engines and etc.


Did you win by supremacy? Before the video cut off you looked pretty hosed. You were out of boost and relatively low and slow after stalling out, taking fire with several energy fighters left on the other team. Hence my earlier comment how you would've been better off staying at altitude. 

 

 

It's easy to airmchair quarterback these things afterwards....just offering some constructive criticism.



AuraDesru #20 Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 729 battles
  • 253
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmizer67, on 20 November 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostAuraDesru, on 21 November 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

View Postmizer67, on 20 November 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

View PostAuraDesru, on 20 November 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

View Postmizer67, on 19 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Good guide, however, you should really try to avoid diving that far below your target after your attack. Try a shallower angle or begin pulling out sooner.

 

He was well above you after your initial pass, which meant you had to burn more energy to escape while he could conserve his own. Pull out of your dive sooner so you can escape without burning all your boost. It really seemed like it took forever for you to pull out of that dive for some reason in the video.

 

An inexperienced pilot will still chase you up and stall, giving you the opportunity to dive on a nice stationary target.


Since I'm using mouse aim and I was looking at him. My plane had turned a bit to go where my mouse pointed but then I quickly corrected myself to go for that zoom. I wasn't afraid of the P-36 because he wasted a lot of energy already turning and he wouldn't even be able to catch me because of his weak engine and my better aircraft design for climbing. My crew wasn't fully 100% so..


Yes, you're in a V vs. a IV that can't climb well. You easily outclassed him in your aircraft so you could get away with any imperfections in your technique. That's all I was trying to point out to help you.

 

To a second point: The P-36 was no real threat. You were outnumbered ~6 to 2 with other BnZ aircraft in that mix if I remember correctly from the video. You would have been better off continuing to climb and selecting a more dangerous target. There was no way he was going to catch or hit you down low like he was.

 

By attacking him you exposed yourself to attack from his buddies without an energy advantage. If you'd continued to climb, you had a better chance against bad odds since the enemy wouldn't be able to get up high with you all at once and you could pick them apart piecemeal, since you would have more stored energy.


Did I mention I won that game?

It's not always about the situation or outclassed. Again, I knew that I was clear from other aircraft since 2 min in the game everyone was low and everyone was using XP-77 and turn and burn aircrafts. I had nothing to fear. Would I have been better climbing? Not realy because as much Il-2 not being feared for taking out aircrafts. I would of given him a 1 min advantage into capturing and filling out the bar. He was close to after I delt with all the heavy fighters and all the aircraft. I come from War Thunder and HB. I know how to handle myself when the situation is out numbered. I knew my aircraft advantage over the enemy. I knew that no one was near me and that the P-36 that passed by me woulnd't have enough energy to chase me after I engaged his buddy. I counted that the enemy planes were already engaging the frendly fighters early on in the match.

"By attacking him you exposed yourself to attack from his buddies without an energy advantage. "

I had nothing to worry about because they were half way across the map lower then me.

This is why World of Warplanes is harder then wot. There is so many varibles that have to be put into perspective and predicted upon. It's why I tell people in my guide to PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SITUATION and also to know by heart what your aircraft can do and what your aircraft cant do. It's more simpler in wowp then it is in war thunder. War thunder takes into engine control and engine failure due to non fuel inject engines and etc.


Did you win by supremacy? Before the video cut off you looked pretty hosed. You were out of boost and relatively low and slow after stalling out, taking fire with several energy fighters left on the other team. Hence my earlier comment how you would've been better off staying at altitude. 

 

 

It's easy to airmchair quarterback these things afterwards....just offering some constructive criticism.


We won by air supremacy but I didn't die either. An F4F lower then me tried to climb and chase me. Your criticism isn't taking into account the situation I was in.  You only talked about a few points in the situation I was in but not what happend in the past or the enemy aircraft. MGS aren't effective at 750 meters and have a low chance of damaging anyone.

Edited by AuraDesru, 21 November 2013 - 02:55 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users