248 replies to this topic

Wolfrum #61 Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 02 January 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Ah, I can answer your question.

The Focke-Wulf 56 Stosser was not a plane that carried over from Beta to Live Release, unlike the F2A-1 if you had purchased it during Open Beta.

The Fw.56 was granted only to players who obtained a promotional code from the pre-release events in Europe.  There were no corresponding events here in the States, so the plane is quite rare over here.  Furthermore the codes from these events are now expired, so there is no current way to obtain the aircraft.  I have seen that people without scruples are still occasionally trying to sell codes.

DO NOT GO AFTER ANY OF THESE OFFERS.

If we're lucky a future WGNA promotion may offer the Fw.56, F11-C and I-5shKas tier II premiums for our area exclusively.  :honoring:

That explains it then , sucks that I put so much time into it and didn't really get to keep that little turn-fighter.

Well at least I did get some unique planes as a substitute I suppose. I'll wash away my sorrows in a hail of 20mm from the Hornet.

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

boxtosser #62 Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles

View PostWolfrum, on 02 January 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

That explains it then , sucks that I put so much time into it and didn't really get to keep that little turn-fighter.

Well at least I did get some unique planes as a substitute I suppose. I'll wash away my sorrows in a hail of 20mm from the Hornet.

-Wolf

LOL..I wasn't able to play for a long time due to technical computer related issues and yesterday when I finally fired up the game post-release I was all like "ZOMGWHEREIZDOOMCESSNA?"

"If it could cook, I'd marry it." - Eugene Valencia (23 kills) on the F6F

The cat in my avatar does the flying, I just feed him.

MagusGerhardt #63 Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postboxtosser, on 06 January 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

LOL..I wasn't able to play for a long time due to technical computer related issues and yesterday when I finally fired up the game post-release I was all like "ZOMGWHEREIZDOOMCESSNA?"

Glad to hear that you are back with us!  Sorry to see that you did not get to keep a plane you liked, but the good news is that the old Fw.56 has a big brother now in the Focke-Wulf line:  The Fw.159!  It keeps the awesome Doom Cessna parasol wing, and kicks it up a notch with retractable landing gear and a 20mm MG-FF cannon!:playing:

Picture courtesy of Skywolf_WM

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

boxtosser #64 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles

Yeah I saw that (being stoked that now we have FW 190's, and it is in that line)

Also, what happened to the P-39 and HE-100?

Heh #65 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postboxtosser, on 06 January 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Also, what happened to the P-39 and HE-100?

Removed for some reason. Maybe they'll come back.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

boxtosser #66 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles

View PostHeh, on 06 January 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Removed for some reason. Maybe they'll come back.

P39 better come back considering it had been in the game since waaaaaaaaaay back in Alpha. 

Wolfrum #67 Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 06 January 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Glad to hear that you are back with us!  Sorry to see that you did not get to keep a plane you liked, but the good news is that the old Fw.56 has a big brother now in the Focke-Wulf line:  The Fw.159!  It keeps the awesome Doom Cessna parasol wing, and kicks it up a notch with retractable landing gear and a 20mm MG-FF cannon!:playing:

Picture courtesy of Skywolf_WM

Can I join your Rotary Club with my FW159? :glasses:

13 Kills in two battles with her so far,

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

MagusGerhardt #68 Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWolfrum, on 07 January 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Can I join your Rotary Club with my FW159? :glasses:

13 Kills in two battles with her so far,

-Wolf

Absolutely.  There's no formal requirements at this time, though some were bandied about.  The majority of the current club members have assented to membership by Fw.159 pilots.  Obviously as a tier III it can't do coordinated flights and eventually squadrons with the Stossers, but many of us also have the 159.  (Speaking for myself, I have one that I intend to never sell.)

The previously mentioned requirements were a permanent paint scheme for your aircraft -- show that club pride!  And three airkill markers, which would be 50.  Seeing as neither of these are official, name your airplane and give us a glamor shot of her and you're in!  :great:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Wolfrum #69 Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 08 January 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

Absolutely.  There's no formal requirements at this time, though some were bandied about.  The majority of the current club members have assented to membership by Fw.159 pilots.  Obviously as a tier III it can't do coordinated flights and eventually squadrons with the Stossers, but many of us also have the 159.  (Speaking for myself, I have one that I intend to never sell.)

The previously mentioned requirements were a permanent paint scheme for your aircraft -- show that club pride!  And three airkill markers, which would be 50.  Seeing as neither of these are official, name your airplane and give us a glamor shot of her and you're in!  :great:

Cool I will do that tonight!

I am very close to the 50, which paint scheme do you use? I think I did mine in the forest green, and with another 3 games at 4+ each game I am close to the 50 already.

-Wolf

Wolfrum #70 Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

And here we go :) , In German she is called Igel (Hedgehog). Fast, and kept low to the ground.

-Wolf

Edited by Wolfrum, 10 January 2014 - 03:28 AM.

MagusGerhardt #71 Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Helpful tip:  When I post photos from a hosting site I change the horizontal pixel size on the linking window here to 800 pixels, with aspect ratio automatically maintained.

This ensures that the picture won't bust through the post window's frames.  :great:

Wolfrum #72 Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 10 January 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

Helpful tip:  When I post photos from a hosting site I change the horizontal pixel size on the linking window here to 800 pixels, with aspect ratio automatically maintained.

This ensures that the picture won't bust through the post window's frames.  :great:

I don't ever change the size usually since I am on 1920x1200 monitors both at work and home, but duly noted I can adjust the size moving forward :)

Good enough Photo to be in the club?

-Wolf

MagusGerhardt #73 Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWolfrum, on 10 January 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

I don't ever change the size usually since I am on 1920x1200 monitors both at work and home, but duly noted I can adjust the size moving forward :)

Good enough Photo to be in the club?

-Wolf

Of course.  :great:

Atramorte #74 Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 26 battles
  • [OTG] OTG

Mind if I join the club?  I love this plane!

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_001.jpg   88.17K

MagusGerhardt #75 Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAtramorte, on 18 January 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

Mind if I join the club?  I love this plane!

Welcome!  Nice looking KonigStosser you have there!  :great:

MagusGerhardt #76 Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Now, we need to get Caeman and some biplane aces up in here to challenge for the spoils of honor.

Quesnel #77 Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 29 January 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

Now, we need to get Caeman and some biplane aces up in here to challenge for the spoils of honor.

Well, he comes by my place for a drink and a chat, drop him a line there?

Ace_Reporter #78 Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 16 battles
I have a new Stosser! Joined up via the Let's Battle magazine. A few teething issues, and the Ticket Folk had to edit in the bonus, but now it's here. Kicked the tires. No damage.

WulfNose #79 Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Community Ace
  • 570 battles

View PostAce_Reporter, on 19 February 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

I have a new Stosser! Joined up via the Let's Battle magazine. A few teething issues, and the Ticket Folk had to edit in the bonus, but now it's here. Kicked the tires. No damage.

See, patience paid off for you! You might actually want to fly it some day...   :)   Wulf

MagusGerhardt #80 Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAce_Reporter, on 19 February 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Welcome to the gang!  If you want any tips on how the Goshawk should be flown, there's plenty of experience to be had here in this thread.

Come to think of it...I should make a Rotary Club chat channel in game now that the functionality of channels is almost completely up and running.

Also tagged with Fw56, Stösser, Flights, Premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users