WG's new integrated store nedds a LOT of work.

store bundles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Bogie_with_Stu #1 Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S

OK, I'm not the brightest bulb in the hallway....but I thought I had this figured out. I went to the store, bought a "supply drop" package of 5000 gold and 5,000,000 silver. I really needed the silver because earnings so far is abysmal.

I got the gold in my WoWP immediately...nice. The 5 million silver, didnt show up.

Apparently it goes into my Tanks account. THAT SUCKS people. I now have 5 million credits in a game I do not play.

Please WG...fix the damn store. make it very clear. Get rid of the word "tanks" when you click on the WoWP specials.

I'd apply for a refund, but apparently NONE of the bundles will drop silver in your WoWP account....so it's my stupidity.

RedSunset #2 Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LVTHN] LVTHN
Yep and your not the first, and i doub that your the last know.
- Q "If the battle chat serves to coordinate your team, why is there the possibility to talk to enemy team?” A:”So you can call them noobs of course
- Q: “I’d like the tiers of vehicles in both teams to mirror one another” A: “This thread is not called ‘my wishes’”

raneman_ #3 Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Yep, there was a big thread about this on Wednesday. The package states in the description that it's for WoT credits. If you click the World of Warplanes tab at the top when you are in the bundles section, it only shows bundles that do not include credits:

I do agree, it needs to be more clearly separated. Or better yet, when you purchase a Gold / Credit bundle, allow the customer to specify which title they want the credits to be applied to, even split it up, put half in WoT and half in WoWP if they wanted.

INCISION #4 Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
Thanks for the heads up Zen.  That does suck though!  :angrys:

Heibges #5 Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

I warned them about this already two days ago.

They could have avoided the whole mess with a couple of banners in the store clearly deliniating which packages go with which game.

In United States consumer law the onus is on the retailer to clearly inform the customer.   If they don't change it asap someone is going to complain to the Better Business Bureau or the Attorney General's Office for Consumer Affairs.

Due to:

1.  It says on the website you can buy credits.

2.  The Buy Gold Portal from WoWp takes you to page with Gold/Credit Packages

3.  The only place it says it goes with WoT can be clicked through easily if you already have your CC information saved (which I did).

4.  WG has no mechanism to makes changes to a customers account. (Something every other MMO has and handles easily)

5.  The only recourse for the customer is to purchase more gold to get to the desired state.  This obviously benefits WG.

I sent them a reply to a form letter yesterday informing them that although they didn't do it on purpose, in the United States this would be considered the classic Bait & Switch.

Edited by Heibges, 15 November 2013 - 08:14 PM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Hochstepanzerjager #6 Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SBSDZ] SBSDZ

View PostHeibges, on 15 November 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

They could have avoided the whole mess with a couple of banners in the store clearly deliniating which packages go with which game.

In United States consumer law the onus is on the retailer to clearly inform the customer.   If they don't change it asap someone is going to complain to the Better Business Bureau or the Attorney General's Office for Consumer Affairs.

Due to:

3.  The only place it says it goes with WoT can be clicked through easily if you already have your CC information saved (which I did).

4.  WG has no mechanism to makes changes to a customers account. (Something every other MMO has and handles easily)

5.  The only recourse for the customer is to purchase more gold to get to the desired state.  This obviously benefits WG.

I sent them a reply to a form letter yesterday informing them that although they didn't do it on purpose, in the United States this would be considered the classic Bait & Switch.

:facepalm:

And any judge worth his robe will look at the site itself after WG argues it says World of tanks on those particular packages and not World of Warplanes like the planes packages do, and throw the damn case out, citing it was clearly marked as to what game they were for.

Not even close to a good try.  :eyesup:

"Fly with your head, not with your muscles" - Maj. Erich Hartmann

raneman_ #7 Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

It is not a bait and switch. Bait and switch means a company intentionally advertises a product at a low rate just to get people into the store and when you get there, the product is nowhere to be found and they pressure you into buying a more expensive comparable item.

It is clearly marked before you click any sort of button to purchase the item that it is for WoT. All of that being said, the design needs to be better. I do not believe WG did this on purpose to try and get people to spend extra money.

http://goo.gl/EGWeWd

tahee59 #8 Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
indeed thanks for the heads up zen , sorry you had to find out about it like that

Jiri_Starrider #9 Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 4 battles
  • [TB] TB
Also from that other thread, it's being looked into, contact support for help.

And it is kinda clear on the actual item that the CR's are for WoT, that said, they need to fix the site. Not cause of legal ramifications, but because it's good for business. 

Wargaming Wiki Staff Co-Lead - PM me with questions/comments -> Jiri_Starrider
Tilting at the windmills of ignorance, one post at a time....

Heibges #10 Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

View PostHochstepanzerjager, on 15 November 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

View PostHeibges, on 15 November 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Due to:

:facepalm:

And any judge worth his robe will look at the site itself after WG argues it says World of tanks on those particular packages and not World of Warplanes like the planes packages do, and throw the damn case out, citing it was clearly marked as to what game they were for.

Not even close to a good try.  :eyesup:

This is not about going to court, but about having to be hassled about something that is easily preventable.  Sadly I come from a family of dry cleaners who were sued a ridiculous number of times for TOS related issues, as well as being someone who spent a good chunk of his adult life in business to business sales so I do know exactly what I am talking about, because have been bitten seen my family bitten in the rump so many times.  These are the issue my family and I ran into.

1. TOS Sign not big enough

2. TOS Sign not in prominent location

3.  TOS not worded clearly

4.  TOS not on receipt/contract

5.  On TOS but not mentioned in presentation

View Postsoonerdude, on 15 November 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

It is not a bait and switch. Bait and switch means a company intentionally advertises a product at a low rate just to get people into the store and when you get there, the product is nowhere to be found and they pressure you into buying a more expensive comparable item.

It is clearly marked before you click any sort of button to purchase the item that it is for WoT. All of that being said, the design needs to be better. I do not believe WG did this on purpose to try and get people to spend extra money.

http://goo.gl/EGWeWd

I totally believe it is by accident.  I've spent a ton of money on Gold and Premium tanks, and in the past in professional discussions on UI I have praised WG as being an example of a company with a really good UI.  As I said above, when my Dad dontated someone's clothes to charity because they hadn't been picked them ter a year, he wasn't trying to steal their clothes, but it caused him a lot of problems, and he had to pay them for the clothes because it didn't say that anywhere on the TOS.

This is  what I meant by bait and switch.  Because they lack a mechanism for moving the credits, if I want the credits I kind of have to plunk down another $40 so they make say $120 on what should have been and $80 transaction.  They just have a couple of systems that aren't jiving that are making this happen, but until they can get those systems in place there are some very easy fixes.

WG could solve this is less than an 45 minutes, by editing the text on the Homepage to clearly state that it is not possible to buy credits in WoWp, and that all Credits will be applied to WoT.

"To start things off, the Premium Shop will offer multiple gold packages, which will come in various sizes and value. On a second look, you’ll discover that you can also buy Premium time either on its own or bundled with other options like credits and gold." 

And adding 2 Banners on the Bundles Page.  One at the top saying World of Tanks and the other above the  WoWp Bundles saying World of Warplanes.  No confusion.  I'll go in and do it for them right now! :)

Edited by Heibges, 15 November 2013 - 09:54 PM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Also tagged with store, bundles

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users