33 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #21 Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2057 battles

View PostHeh, on 16 November 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

View PostJDMFreakz, on 16 November 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

also theyre made from cheap materials afaik

For the Soviet planes, yes. For the Japanese planes? Eh, not as much, but the amount of armor was only enough to sustain landing on a carrier.

Are there any truly "cheap" all-metal model in that era, anyway?

Japanese planes (only navy thus far) has been metal since the start of Zero family...IIRC Soviet plane only started to become metal only after T7 in all trees...I think it's more on construction methodology than material...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

IllustriousCheeseburger #22 Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View Posttriptyx, on 14 November 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Please remove the three-letter word for Japanese which is very offensive to folks if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks.

:facepalm:

Seriously. Its a shortening of the name. Its no more of an offensive term than calling British people "Brits", or Polish people "Poles". People who are getting offended by the word simply need to slap themselves.

Especially if they aren't even Japanese!!!

"Don't worry about me when you see me on the enemy roster. I'm completely harmless."

SkyWolf__WM #23 Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8109 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostKobra2009, on 14 November 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Give the guy a break.. Most people still shorten Japenese to that.. It's been done for nearly 100 years.

Yes.. let's DO return to using all of the racial slurs from 100 years ago.

So... what is your family's Ethnic background?

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

hawkeyededic #24 Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostKatariana, on 16 November 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

View Posttriptyx, on 14 November 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Please remove the three-letter word for Japanese which is very offensive to folks if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks.

:facepalm:

Seriously. Its a shortening of the name. Its no more of an offensive term than calling British people "Brits", or Polish people "Poles". People who are getting offended by the word simply need to slap themselves.

Especially if they aren't even Japanese!!!

It is not an issue of any one person or group of players finding it offensive, it is entirely based on Wargaming's decision that it is derogatory and not allowed in either the game or the forums. A rules violation is still a rules violation wether or not you agree with it, just like telling a judge you did not like the 55mph speed limit is not going to help you avoid a fine for driving 65mph. The people telling the OP to edit the post are trying to get him to abide by the rules set forth by Wargaming and avoid a possible RO/ban.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

GeorgePatton #25 Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1508 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 14 November 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

I'm not going to comment on the Russian planes as I'm not so familiar with their history and reputation as I am with the Japanese. But the Japanese planes, with a couple exceptions (I mean just 2 or 3 late war planes) were extremely vulnerable to other aircraft as well as ground fire due to the lack of armor. A short burst from .50 machine gun fire would sheer a wing off, or light them up in flames. Meanwhile most of the German, US, and British planes had fairly strong armor as well as self sealing fuel cells, meaning teat it generally took more to bring one down then a Japanese plane.

Japanese planes require a bit of finesse to play successfully, you have to do more then just turn in a circle to get the most out of them, especially if you want to survive. I will leave it to others more familiar with the proper tactics for Japanese planes to fill inteh details on how to properly use them in WoWP.

BTW: Wargaming considers the 3 shortened 3 letter name for Japanese to be derogatory, you might want to seriously consider editting your post to say Japanese.

Yeah, the official abbreviation is JPN. If you select 'edit post' you can edit the title of your thread at the very top. Please change it as many people here find it offensive. :)

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Heh #26 Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 16 November 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Yeah, the official abbreviation is JPN. If you select 'edit post' you can edit the title of your thread at the very top. Please change it as many people here find it offensive. :)

Cheers!
Glenn

You can also say JP or IJN (Imperial Japanese Navy).
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Cl0wnshoe421 #27 Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostHeh, on 14 November 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

So wait, planes that could be shot down with a handful of .50 cal API should have as much HP as planes that had actual tanking abilities from .30 cal from self-sealing fuel tanks and armor plates and that were taken down with ~50-80 API rounds instead of a handful like on the Japanese planes?

Yes, I completely see how it makes sense. Please try researching more on what you want to buff.

Good call, being a sarcastic [edited]is probably the best way to get your point across. 

tahee59 #28 Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
they are fine just like they are , learn it don't just call for buffs or nerfs

boxtosser #29 Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles

Japanese Army fighters later in the war actually had self-sealing tanks and armor.

The A6M5 also had  some limited armor protection. 

"If it could cook, I'd marry it." - Eugene Valencia (23 kills) on the F6F

The cat in my avatar does the flying, I just feed him.

BrushWolf #30 Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postboxtosser, on 19 January 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Japanese Army fighters later in the war actually had self-sealing tanks and armor.

The A6M5 also had  some limited armor protection. 

The Japanese as the war went on finally realized although it was too late that they could not afford to continue losing experienced pilots. The self sealing tanks helped avoid fire and the armor was for the pilot, the planes were otherwise just as brittle was the earlier planes. The A6M6c had self sealing tanks too.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

oldkye #31 Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBrushWolf, on 21 January 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

The Japanese as the war went on finally realized although it was too late that they could not afford to continue losing experienced pilots. The self sealing tanks helped avoid fire and the armor was for the pilot, the planes were otherwise just as brittle was the earlier planes. The A6M6c had self sealing tanks too.

Yeah I always have to wonder when I hear "Armor" and "Japanese" in the same sentence for example their "Medium" tanks were light by any other nations standards and "Heavy" tanks were at best medium they just had different focuses then the rest off us lol.

frankndeath #32 Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

A small hp increase might be nice but anything too large and it would make the line too op .

most of my kills are in the a6m2, you need to change your thinking about how to fight in one.

very deadly plane in the right hands, but situational awareness in a must.

not for the beginner pilot.

Wolfrum #33 Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postfrankndeath, on 21 January 2014 - 02:58 AM, said:

A small hp increase might be nice but anything too large and it would make the line too op .

most of my kills are in the a6m2, you need to change your thinking about how to fight in one.

very deadly plane in the right hands, but situational awareness in a must.

not for the beginner pilot.

Exactly. You have to know where and when to fight and always know whats comming from above. If you can get the enemy to fight at your altitude you have won. They may seem easy because they can turn and burn with the best of them, but in reality they are complicated planes to fly that require some very thought out flight plans.

They also, should not lead the initial contact with the opposing force, since a head on attack will end their flight in a hurry.

-Wolf

A veteran is someone who at some point wrote a cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life'

FredNing #34 Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I think the HP of all the Japanese Planes are suffice, the only exception IMO is the A7M Reppu.

Since it's a plane that was intended to replace the Zero, Reppu has a lot of improvement than the it: self sealing oil tank, armored cockpit&canopy. I think it deserves a 15~20 HP buff.

Semper Fidelis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users