currect hp is ridiculous

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Gulfiu #1 Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DESOL] DESOL

Currect HP of the japanese aircrafts are so low, I can say IMO that's it is actually not fair.

Tier 4 F2A has 175 (!!!!!) stock HP, while A6M1 has only 95.

Tier 10 F7U has 450 (!!!!!) HP, while J7W3 has only 325. you know what. lets leave the US planes. German LF / Brit LF, they have also high HP. too high. and the Russian LF planes have also low hp, but not like the Japanese.

As a beta tester that had Tier 8 japanese plane, it was very frustrating to be in this case.

My suggestion is: boost Japanese and Russian HP for LF, or nerf the others.

Edited by Gulfiu, 14 November 2013 - 02:19 PM.

triptyx #2 Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Flying Llama

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA

Please remove the three-letter word for Japanese which is very offensive to folks if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks.

hawkeyededic #3 Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I'm not going to comment on the Russian planes as I'm not so familiar with their history and reputation as I am with the Japanese. But the Japanese planes, with a couple exceptions (I mean just 2 or 3 late war planes) were extremely vulnerable to other aircraft as well as ground fire due to the lack of armor. A short burst from .50 machine gun fire would sheer a wing off, or light them up in flames. Meanwhile most of the German, US, and British planes had fairly strong armor as well as self sealing fuel cells, meaning teat it generally took more to bring one down then a Japanese plane.

Japanese planes require a bit of finesse to play successfully, you have to do more then just turn in a circle to get the most out of them, especially if you want to survive. I will leave it to others more familiar with the proper tactics for Japanese planes to fill inteh details on how to properly use them in WoWP.

BTW: Wargaming considers the 3 shortened 3 letter name for Japanese to be derogatory, you might want to seriously consider editting your post to say Japanese.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

dirtymax #4 Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Closed Beta Resident

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-FBS-] -FBS-

View PostGulfiu, on 14 November 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Currect HP of the japanese aircrafts are so low, I can say IMO that's it is actually not fair.

Tier 4 F2A has 175 (!!!!!) stock HP, while A6M1 has only 95.

Tier 10 F7U has 450 (!!!!!) HP, while J7W3 has only 325. you know what. lets leave the US planes. German LF / Brit LF, they have also high HP. too high. and the Russian LF planes have also low hp, but not like the Japs.

As a beta tester that had Tier 8 jap plane, it was very frustrating to be in this case.

My suggestion is: boost Jap and Russian HP for LF, or nerf the others.

Please fix the lettering for Japanese

Forum Rules 2.1 Forum Etiquette

Users are not allowed to abuse others, make personal attacks or behave disrespectfully. This prohibition applies to both public threads and private messages (PMs). Disrespect can include:
1. Flaming
2. Trolling

3. Harassment or Defamatory remarks
4. Profanity, Inappropriate language or abbreviations there of
5. Personal abuse or attacks
6. Derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference, This includes "jokes" in bad taste.
7. Excessive Capitalization, font use, or colorization.

Closed Beta Resident for WoWP & Super/Alpha Tester for World of Warships

"Note: All Super/Alpha/Closed Testers are under the NDA policy, if you do have a question we will try to answer it but at the same time we have to go by the guidelines that we have been given."

losttwo #5 Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3961 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Well thank you, I have learned something today and that makes it a great day. Yes Japanese planes have always suffered historically and since WG is doing their best to match a little bit of realism to the game. It does take a little learning of new tactics to fly them succesfully. Japanese would always use the element of surprise for attacks and that same tactic must be carried over in game. THe Japanese tier fighters can not just fly off into the front of the battles and expect to have much success. What I have learned is to pull back, gain altitude and use surprise attacks on enemy. When I fly the Japanese tier I always attempt to hunt for a target that doesn't know I am there depending on my team mates for distractions. THink like aninja and fly like a ninja and you shall be more succesful in them. Not that you will have 5 kills in every battle and maybe not even 1 kill but you will last more than 1 minute wit hperhaps several assist's I have had to pull off enemies to get thast one person on a friendlies tail. THe great thing about the Japanese tier is its good firepower compared to its sister planes of the same tier. The firepower is even enough to bring down +2 tiers higher with ease unlike most planes that struggle.

Edited by losttwo, 14 November 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Gulfiu #6 Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DESOL] DESOL

Changed to Japanese, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, due to the low armor you can make it more vulnerable and take more dmg per burst.

BrushWolf #7 Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

First, using that three letter abbreviation is considered derogatory. Use Japanese or since the only tree is navy IJN. SSecond, historically Japanese planes were brittle and burned very easy. If you boost the HP then more historical rates of fire happening and other devastating critical hits are required. Even late in the war after they started using self sealing fuel tanks they still were brittle not being able to take the same kinds of G-loads that American planes could. In the following video the the Dauntless in the first fight was pulling 9 G's and could have handled more but the pilot couldn't while the Zero's were limited to 7 G.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

mizer67 #8 Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

IJN planes are not front line fighters. You need to come in late and avoid being targeted early in the fight. Also, get increased view range ASAP. You need to see the enemy early to avoid being BnZ'ed.

When you are targeted, use your superior manuverability to avoid hits. Coming in late shouldn't be a problem since IJN planes are so slow.

The IJN line is difficult to play past Tier III. If you insist on doing so, you have to learn your limitations.

SkyWolf__WM #9 Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7435 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Title is still offensive.

Losttwo you need to remove it from your comment as well.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

BrushWolf #10 Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 14 November 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

He can't edit the title, that would be a job for a mod. I do applaud the OP for getting the point. Everyone being polite in our correcting him probably helped.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Gulfiu #11 Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DESOL] DESOL

Again, i'm sorry for derogatory cause by the title and the content, i had no idea that it would cause problems. i've changed the content by i cant change the title.

anyway, if you increase HP and make more crits + fire, it could be more "fair". the situation now is low hp plus the crits and fire. i had J7W1 on test, and i had many crits and not so many fires, but still very vulnerable with the low hp.

Edited by Gulfiu, 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM.

SkyWolf__WM #12 Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7435 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostBrushWolf, on 14 November 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

He can't edit the title, that would be a job for a mod. I do applaud the OP for getting the point. Everyone being polite in our correcting him probably helped.

Ah... ok.

Hopefully a Mod will do it and not just nail him on it.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Heh #13 Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

So wait, planes that could be shot down with a handful of .50 cal API should have as much HP as planes that had actual tanking abilities from .30 cal from self-sealing fuel tanks and armor plates and that were taken down with ~50-80 API rounds instead of a handful like on the Japanese planes?

Yes, I completely see how it makes sense. Please try researching more on what you want to buff.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

DrSinister #14 Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Actually you should be able to.  OP has to click edit on original post, the click on Use Full Editor, then at the top of the Full Editor you can modify the Title.

Kobra2009 #15 Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles

Give the guy a break.. Most people still shorten Japenese to that.. It's been done for nearly 100 years.

As for Japenese planes, I fully agree they need an HP boost.. Leave their armor lower, but seriously - boost their HP.

Gulfiu #16 Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DESOL] DESOL

View PostKobra2009, on 14 November 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Give the guy a break.. Most people still shorten Japenese to that.. It's been done for nearly 100 years.

As for Japenese planes, I fully agree they need an HP boost.. Leave their armor lower, but seriously - boost their HP.

In other words, that is what i mean. i dont know what i didnt write it as simple as that lol

DrSinister #17 Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostKobra2009, on 14 November 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Only reason everyone is saying to OP to changed it, because its WG's rules.  WG says that word is derogatory and have in the past RO people for using it.  So that OP does not get RO or a warning from WG, the other players posted as so.

BrushWolf #18 Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostDrSinister, on 14 November 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

Actually you should be able to.  OP has to click edit on original post, the click on Use Full Editor, then at the top of the Full Editor you can modify the Title.

Didn't know you have to use the full editor for that.

Russian Proverb

JDMFreakz #19 Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles

its fair, JPN and RU is a cannon powerhouse. and it compensates its low hp..

also theyre made from cheap materials afaik

Heh #20 Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostJDMFreakz, on 16 November 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

also theyre made from cheap materials afaik

For the Soviet planes, yes. For the Japanese planes? Eh, not as much, but the amount of armor was only enough to sustain landing on a carrier.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users