Jump to content


I want to play the Japanese line. But..


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Kobra2009 #1 Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I feel based on their stats, opinions of pilots, and video evidence they may be nothing more than a frustration in this game. The zero is so iconic, and gorgeous, I want to fly it, but by virtually all accounts, it's just not that good in this game. What I don't understand is the low ceiling on the tier 10 jet, when it was primarilly desirned as a high altitude counter to US bombers - what gives?

 

So will the Japanese line lead to frustration and nothing more right now?  Clearly this game favors BzN gameplay, combined with fairly good armor/hp being a bit more important than turn speed.



pyantoryng #2 Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2058 battles
  • 8,385
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I don't give a darn anymore...

 

...I just love the 700 m/s veloctiy 3cm cannons and the excellent burst damage even before 3cm cannons...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

EspressoForHammy #3 Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 4,462
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

DEM CANNONS ON DAT J7!

 

brrrp-brrrrp-brrrp DEAD IL-20.


"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


Heh #4 Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 November 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

I don't give a darn anymore...

 

...I just love the 700 m/s veloctiy 3cm cannons and the excellent burst damage even before 3cm cannons...


Those cannons are the only 4 reasons to go to the honorabru line sadly.


Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

pyantoryng #5 Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2058 battles
  • 8,385
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

For some reason I'm enjoying the fully upgraded tier 6 Zero thus far...and to a lesser extent, the early Zero...

 

...I just seek anything that fly low and tear them a new one, and by tier 6 people still fly low, GA not withstanding. But the problem here is diversity - on test server it's not BnZBnZBnZBnZBnZBnZBnZ but a rather good mix of stuff...while the polar opposite happens here - everything above tier 7 is either American or heavy fighter. Hopefully there will be more diversity in release, or maybe diversity will approach zero (no pun intended) with herd mentality goading people to go for Mustangs/heavy fighters and not think for themselves...

 

 

 



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Wartot #6 Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 30 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 November 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

For some reason I'm enjoying the fully upgraded tier 6 Zero thus far...and to a lesser extent, the early Zero...

 

...I just seek anything that fly low and tear them a new one, and by tier 6 people still fly low, GA not withstanding. But the problem here is diversity - on test server it's not BnZBnZBnZBnZBnZBnZBnZ but a rather good mix of stuff...while the polar opposite happens here - everything above tier 7 is either American or heavy fighter. Hopefully there will be more diversity in release, or maybe diversity will approach zero (no pun intended) with herd mentality goading people to go for Mustangs/heavy fighters and not think for themselves...

 

 

In fact 90% of people will fly on altitude of first spotted enemy :great:

So here is a trick, rush in a middle of a map at 300m, let enemy to spot you then turn back, several evasion manoeuvres and those frags are yours. :playing:



Rhomer #7 Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3
  • [ASTYL] ASTYL
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Japanese tree doesnt interest me as its missing way too many iconic fighters. No Ki-43, Ki-61, Ki-84.... Its just a bunch of zero's with marginal differences

JDMFreakz #8 Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
  • 1,654
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

because its Mitsubishi and also IJN line.

 

IJA and Ki series will be added later..


 


Kobra2009 #9 Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRhomer, on 16 November 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

Japanese tree doesnt interest me as its missing way too many iconic fighters. No Ki-43, Ki-61, Ki-84.... Its just a bunch of zero's with marginal differences

Those are coming.  Ki series has been tested in beta, in fact.

Xarlanna15 #10 Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • 131
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The line is best flown without bombs, and near your cap.  The armor is so thin that if you fly towards the enemies AA you are more likely than not a quick stat.  If you have to get in the furball (or large fighter battle), use ninja tactics and slash in and out picking off the wounded enemies.  Your teammates may hate you, but at least that is one less enemy target to worry about.



BitterClinger #11 Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 1,197
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View PostKobra2009, on 12 November 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I feel based on their stats, opinions of pilots, and video evidence they may be nothing more than a frustration in this game. The zero is so iconic, and gorgeous, I want to fly it, but by virtually all accounts, it's just not that good in this game. What I don't understand is the low ceiling on the tier 10 jet, when it was primarilly desirned as a high altitude counter to US bombers - what gives?

 

So will the Japanese line lead to frustration and nothing more right now?  Clearly this game favors BzN gameplay, combined with fairly good armor/hp being a bit more important than turn speed.

 

The game favors BnZ now, but the Japanese planes are alive and well:

 

 



Autolycus7 #12 Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

    Feedback Airedale

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

You have a whopping 13 battles in IJN planes, with a WR >60%, which is well over your average of 49%.

 

Something doesn't add up here.


Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

Kobra2009 #13 Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAutolycus7, on 20 November 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

You have a whopping 13 battles in IJN planes, with a WR >60%, which is well over your average of 49%.

 

Something doesn't add up here.


Hey gumby, this thread was from BETA.. way to go...

 

BTW my sustained WR was 65% until I got the stupid Mosquito. That thing is ruining me. I can quite easily sustain 60%+ in this game on virtually anything that isn't absolutely hideous and the brit heavies - are hideous... I just got the A6M1 2 hours ago.. OK?

 

Cool down tiger.



Xarlanna15 #14 Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • 131
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Kobra, the Japanese line is still stuck with the medium ceiling, like the Soviets.  At T8, the 30mm cannons make cheese out of anything they can catch.  That is the problem.  Most of the fighting is high above you, adn you get just seconds to turn and counter a BnZ as it comes your way.  If you get lucky and catch a GA, beware the bite of the whale and you will do fine.  Was going to counter my GA line with the German heavies but I am thinking the Japanese line is going to be far more interesting again.

pyantoryng #15 Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2058 battles
  • 8,385
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSmokeader, on 21 November 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Kobra, the Japanese line is still stuck with the medium ceiling, like the Soviets.  At T8, the 30mm cannons make cheese out of anything they can catch.  That is the problem.  Most of the fighting is high above you, adn you get just seconds to turn and counter a BnZ as it comes your way.  If you get lucky and catch a GA, beware the bite of the whale and you will do fine.  Was going to counter my GA line with the German heavies but I am thinking the Japanese line is going to be far more interesting again.


Spoiler                     

 

The truth...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Pogo68 #16 Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1649 battles
  • 1,377
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    11-06-2012

They need to work on the climb rates.

It's rather stupid that the zero is getting out climbed by a pretty much all of the bf-110,210 and 410's, aircraft that it could out climb with ease in the real world.


DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Heh #17 Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11,960
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPogo68, on 21 November 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

They need to work on the climb rates.

It's rather stupid that the zero is getting out climbed by a pretty much all of the bf-110,210 and 410's, aircraft that it could out climb with ease in the real world.


Not really in the case of even the slightest of zoomclimbs. However, it's very saddening that the Zeke doesn't have great sustained climb rate: a trait it was very famous for in the Pacific along with its turning speed. Wildcats and P-40s alike are inferior to the Zero in sustained climbs.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

ComradeBlyat #18 Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    11-03-2012
Japanese planes are honestly the only planes I do good in. I usually get suckered into low level fighting and I find that they have similar performance to other countries at low altitude in terms of speed and much better maneuverability. Staying "on target" is really easy in the Zeros. The only time I have trouble is defending myself against HF or High-altitutude fighters that BnZ you. You just cant catch them if they gain altitude after the pass.

Soviet Bias>German Orbit Planes


JDMFreakz #19 Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
  • 1,654
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

gave up on this tree.

 

too much XP needed, Messerschmit is way better with nearly same XP needed to grind.


 


Bandet #20 Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3,225
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

You can do fine in a japanese plane. There are plenty of other people playing them and russian planes so it isn't like you have nothing to kill.

 

The real issue is they CANNOT hard-carry a game. This is why a lot of pilots don't like them.

 


To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users