The IL series

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

BOA_TG_CO #1 Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [B-O-A] B-O-A
Why would you attack ground targets using rapid fire shotguns???   That's right. YOU WOULDN"T!   So WHY, WG, do you nerf the accuracy of these awesome aircraft????  These planes are designed to hit ground targets with ACCURACY.
Fix the  gun spread. I understand why you did what you did, but you went overboard.  You can not use generalized nerfs  (or buffs for that matter) without destorying the gameplay overall.
I see a lot of complaints about ILs not hitting ground targets anymore. See what you did?? Fix the ILs accuracy. LOWER THE CEILING to keep them out of the sky. SIMPLE FIX!!!!!  If you are 1000 feet above your plane's ceiling, then give it a severe shotgun pattern spread. If you fly it down low where it is supposed to be, then give it ninja accuracy.  You guys changed everything else about these planes than what is actually needed.
Now, that being said, you can nerf them to hell and I will still fly them. They are my favorite planes although becoming way less enjoyable to fly.  Give people a reason to actually fly them again and not just be place holders.   With no speed/agility, they already have a giant bullseye on their backs. AND yes, even with the extra armor, they can still be killed with one pass from a capable fighter.
p.s. ILs are all I fly now....because.....someone has to do it.

Edited by BOA_TG_CO, 10 November 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Heh #2 Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Now let's do a little rational pondering shall we?

- If something gets nerfed, then it was recognized as OP by the devs.
- If the devs know about something, then it came from listening to player feedback.
- If the devs listen to player feedback, then the players must have talked about that thing being OP.
- If the players talked about something being OP, we would have either seen it in the data or seen threads about said thing being OP.
  + If the data showed that the thing is OP, then said thing would have been noticed by players and the latter would post about it in the forums.

However, we saw no complaints about old sky whales whatsoever. Conclusion? WG hates whales and nerfs them out of spite.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

MongGrel #3 Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Players griping about them being OP for awhile nerfed them into non use lately yeah.

People flying them as slow super Heavies caused the speedie lights griping to nerf them non stop, even if they had a radical manueverability disadvantage.

BOA_TG_CO #4 Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [B-O-A] B-O-A
+1....+1......

Heh #5 Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMongGrel, on 10 November 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Players griping about them being OP for awhile nerfed them into non use lately yeah.
People flying them as slow super Heavies caused the speedie lights griping to nerf them non stop, even if they had a radical manueverability disadvantage.

Just when did ANYONE cry about sky whales being OP aside from extreme bads? Come on, getting in front of a sky whale is something volountary, not inevitable.

pyantoryng #6 Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2174 battles

View PostHeh, on 11 November 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostMongGrel, on 10 November 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Just when did ANYONE cry about sky whales being OP aside from extreme bads? Come on, getting in front of a sky whale is something volountary, not inevitable.

...nor does being directly behind it and closer than 200 meters...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Heh #7 Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 November 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

...nor does being directly behind it and closer than 200 meters...

Exactly my point.

Xarlanna15 #8 Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I am with BOA.  I plan to grind the GA line to tier 10 first, using the others that WG was kind enough to let us have as fillers.  GA is where I am most comfortable right now, so that is my line.  After that, no clue.

Cruiser_Katori #9 Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI
 What needs to happen is a Global accuracy increase of 50 to 75%, which would also reduce the incidents of H2H ramming, and an increase in the range of the 37/45/57mm guns availible to the ILs. Altitude limits could then be used to keep attack planes at low alt. Think of it this way: light turn fighters are flying Pirahnahs, light BnZ fighters are flying Baracudas, heavy fighters are flying sharks, and attack planes are bottom-feeding THINGS that can and WILL eat anything stupid enough to be in front of their slow but gaping maw of doom.

Save the Skywhales (that includes the Skorcas)!!!

Less RNG, More skill: Revert to 4.1 TODAY!!!

MongGrel #10 Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 11 November 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

What needs to happen is a Global accuracy increase of 50 to 75%, which would also reduce the incidents of H2H ramming, and an increase in the range of the 37/45/57mm guns availible to the ILs. Altitude limits could then be used to keep attack planes at low alt. Think of it this way: light turn fighters are flying Pirahnahs, light BnZ fighters are flying Baracudas, heavy fighters are flying sharks, and attack planes are bottom-feeding THINGS that can and WILL eat anything stupid enough to be in front of their slow but gaping maw of doom.

My Sky Whales tend to go way up in the sky a lot, sorry about you're misconceptions there.

I'm the idiot flying a IL-40P at 5K off the ground or was soon.

Cruiser_Katori #11 Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View PostMongGrel, on 12 November 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 11 November 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

My Sky Whales tend to go way up in the sky a lot, sorry about you're misconceptions there.

I'm the idiot flying a IL-40P at 5K off the ground or was soon.

Firstly, the 40P is an Emperor Skywhale, so it SHOULD reach such heights due to it's supirior breaching ability; it is only the lesser Skywhales with spinning nose-fins that are truely bottom feeders. Secondly, I assume such altitudes are in feet, not meters?

Heh #12 Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 12 November 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

Firstly, the 40P is an Emperor Skywhale, so it SHOULD reach such heights due to it's supirior breaching ability; it is only the lesser Skywhales with spinning nose-fins that are truely bottom feeders. Secondly, I assume such altitudes are in feet, not meters?

I see someone learned their aeromarine biology.

Cruiser_Katori #13 Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View PostHeh, on 12 November 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 12 November 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

I see someone learned their aeromarine biology.

I live in Alaska, so I have plenty of time to observe the local aeromarine bio; we have some MASSIVE but defenseless skywhales around here called "Passenger Skywhales". Unlike passenger pigeons, they are doing quite well do to their symbiosis with local and transient semi-amphibious primate populations. Like Skorcas and Skywhales, they propel themselves with either spinning fins or gas-orafaces on their lateral fins; some midsize Passenger Skywhales use strange hybrid gas-oraface spinning fins that provide furthur support for the argument that Skywhales grow from a small larval stage with spinning fins to a MUCH larger adult stage propeled by gas-orafaces. While those creatures emit simmilar calls to the predatory Skywhales found feeding in World of Shotgun-planes, those gentle giants are no threat and can provide a significant amount of amusement when.......EJECTING excess transient semi-amphibious primate from their copious interiors.

Heh #14 Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postcmmdrsigma1, on 13 November 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

I live in Alaska, so I have plenty of time to observe the local aeromarine bio; we have some MASSIVE but defenseless skywhales around here called "Passenger Skywhales". Unlike passenger pigeons, they are doing quite well do to their symbiosis with local and transient semi-amphibious primate populations. Like Skorcas and Skywhales, they propel themselves with either spinning fins or gas-orafaces on their lateral fins; some midsize Passenger Skywhales use strange hybrid gas-oraface spinning fins that provide furthur support for the argument that Skywhales grow from a small larval stage with spinning fins to a MUCH larger adult stage propeled by gas-orafaces. While those creatures emit simmilar calls to the predatory Skywhales found feeding in World of Shotgun-planes, those gentle giants are no threat and can provide a significant amount of amusement when.......EJECTING excess transient semi-amphibious primate from their copious interiors.

Alaska's wildlife is far more interesting than I thought. :3

Cruiser_Katori #15 Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View PostHeh, on 13 November 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Alaska's wildlife is far more interesting than I thought. :3
The "Fairbanks" reigon has large swarms of Skywhales, Aerial Barracudas, and Steelback spitting fast-tortoses.

tanky_the_tank #16 Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Why did they turn fire up so high? All those HP are useless when you lose 150 from first stray bullet and then catch on fire again 30 sec later. That's with protective gear and some FF skill.

To put in perspective, at end of beta fire ext got some use in some battles. Now I need more than one every battle.

Edited by tanky_the_tank, 16 November 2013 - 07:42 PM.

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

Cruiser_Katori #17 Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View Posttanky_the_tank, on 16 November 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Why did they turn fire up so high? All those HP are useless when you lose 150 from first stray bullet and then catch on fire again 30 sec later. That's with protective gear and some FF skill.

To put in perspective, at end of beta fire ext got some use in some battles. Now I need more than one every battle.

Because without fire/ordinace Skywhales have SEVERE issues chewing up meals due a spread disease caused by the post-5.0 accuracy nerfs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users